1. El Viaje (8:57)

2. Industrial Captivity (8:22)

3. A Second Breath (8:44)

4. Rápido Estupidez (8:19)

5. Opposite Dimensions (9:28)

6. Ignorance Is Bliss (6:12)

7. First Breed (7:03)

8. Compression Overload (8:35)

Ok how many times have we seen it? How many times must we be burned? An artist who was responsible for one of the greatest hyper goa releases in Optimystique is back with his loooooong awaited follow up to that classic. Is it a continuation of his first album or did he change his style? "He" is Danish wunderkind Michael Kjeldgaard and this effort is going to do one of two things. Piss off the purists who won't except anything less than an Optimystique II or devolve into the all too familiar path of train wrecking into the full-on wasteland. I'm looking at you MWNN. :angry: It is a digital download only and it seems it is only available on iTunes. I hate iTunes and I'm sure a lot of others do as well. I tried to link to it, but each time it crashed my shit so...fuck you iTunes. You know how to get there.

So what's the verdict? This is a mixture of several different styles. It goes from Psy, to Goa to Nitzhogoa to regular trance. Personally I didn't think it was anything special and I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. I'm certainly one who wanted him to come with a blasting goa trance album. None of the tracks really stand out with the exception of "Rapido Estupidez" which has a howling 303 and an interesting "trance and Israeli Nitzho" vibe. "Ignorance Is Bliss" is a funky bassline driven number that will have you nodding your head with satisfaction with some nice melodic elements. "First Breed" is definitely deep in the goa style and was one of the better efforts here.

It should be applauded that he is trying new styles, but I didn't think he did any of them really well. A lot of the same sounds were used and it at times sounded a little ravey. Still, it wasn't that bad (compared to a lot of crap out there) and you can tell he still has his skill at crafting goa. The gripe I have is that the tracks are thin and when he does showcase his goa ability, it doesn't last nearly long enough. Seems like the intricate multiple layered sound has passed him by. I can't recommend it as a must have because it ain't, but some tracks are pretty cool. I don't usually rate albums but this one sits squarely in the 3/5 range for me.

Mdk

This is basically a trance album with the exception of one nitzho (Rapido Estupidez) and one goa track (First Breed). I had expectations for this but unfortunately it is not for me. If he were to make a full album like these 2 tracks we would have a winner here. But maybe this album has got a good impact on the tiesto trance scene. Production is good and it shows the artist has a professional touch.

• 2 weeks later...

I would assume it's too late for a significant release, having finished it in 1999. Would be nice if he could make a stack of CD-Rs. I'd sure as hell buy it.

I wouldn't say it's too late Otto , damn if would I buy it , I love their style even nowadays , im sure loads of people here would love to buy this album! :blink:

If the artist think it's too late as you said , why not giving it away for free unless Psygone has their own reasons.

From Psygone's MySpace blog (July 18):

"Organique and Optimystique is now online in its full lenght via SounCLoud

Many of You have requested it for sale again, but because the master rights belongs to the label - this is the best we can offer You a.t.m. - hope everyone is happy :)

Take care and NJOY

Thanks"

http://www.myspace.com/psygone08/blog

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've purchased hundreds of tracks from Amazon (trance, rock, jazz, classical, etc). 90% of the tracks fall between 213 VBR and 265 VBR. The highest bit rate I've ever gotten was 294 VBR. Newer releases usually have better bit rates than older ones. Amazon is mostly my last choice if I can't find 320 elsewhere (eg, Bandcamp or Beatport).