What is this style?

Penzoline

Night-newschool with good party vibes...I also made a track with him, which is more melodic than his usual projects. He'll release an album too this year! :)

Sweet, an album :D the track on Shamanisma is pretty damn nice as well!

I would probably also call it forest-goa...

Heh, heard this kinda stuff on forest parties last summer. I'd judge it just excellent full-on without annoying brakes, ymmv on the description of style (it's funny how people rush attacking me when I use the term 'full-on' for good music). The Alienapia track is good indeed. There's nothing "goa" about it even thou it's highly melodic. Penzo, check out 'temple of one' compilation on Glowing Flame Records, could fit your taste.

Heh, heard this kinda stuff on forest parties last summer. I'd judge it just excellent full-on without annoying brakes, ymmv on the description of style (it's funny how people rush attacking me when I use the term 'full-on' for good music). The Alienapia track is good indeed. There's nothing "goa" about it even thou it's highly melodic. Penzo, check out 'temple of one' compilation on Glowing Flame Records, could fit your taste.

nothing "goa"... well we will have to disagree on that one :ph34r: but actually this track is rather full-on (and less foresty), maybe as mentioned before SA style, especially the beginning, but it is a weird cross-breed for sure :P

But penzo you should also check out the track on Shamanisma (Secret Symbols), it's a bit harder (and more foresty) and I would say even better than High Visual Philosophy!

and yes go for Temple of One :D and the rest of Glowing Flame's catalogue...

I'd say it's Forest. Try some Ka-Sol.

Yes I know of Ka-Sol and the Suntrip release is so very awesome.

nothing "goa"... well we will have to disagree on that one :ph34r: but actually this track is rather full-on (and less foresty), maybe as mentioned before SA style, especially the beginning, but it is a weird cross-breed for sure :P

But penzo you should also check out the track on Shamanisma (Secret Symbols), it's a bit harder (and more foresty) and I would say even better than High Visual Philosophy!

I've heard the previous Alienapia tracks already. Thanks for the suggestion anyhoo :)

While I agree it has a reminiscence of full-on, I just don't find it to be full-on at all. The comp you mentioned, that's full-on. And I didn't like any of the tracks, at all. It's the utterly random electronic rattling sounds and the basslines that are unbearable to me. Alienapia sounds different. It ain't just full-on..

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBbg_hQoFv4

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ybdcWsP_w

Maybe I picked the wrong track for OP?

What about the Spirit Medicine tracks? That sounds very much like in the same spirit as Alienapia tracks, maybe a bit slower (at least the Terra Interna).

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/show_artist.asp?artist_id=10927

I really like the style these two artists portray(Forest Goa it is?), there should be more of it.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ybdcWsP_w

Maybe I picked the wrong track for OP?

Alright, this is indeed quite dark psy oriented, fast rolling bassline, yet packed with melodies that's quite unusual for dark psy. Been looking for this "goanish dark psy" to happen actually, nice to see it's finally arrived heh.

You've checked Sienis' new album? 'Unholy Ritual', 'High Frequency Science' and 'Reaching Through Eternity' are fast stompers with excellent melodies.

• 2 weeks later...

What about the Spirit Medicine tracks? That sounds very much like in the same spirit as Alienapia tracks, maybe a bit slower (at least the Terra Interna).

http://www.saikosoun...artist_id=10927

I really like the style these two artists portray(Forest Goa it is?), there should be more of it.

Yeah I actually like this track (on Magic Dew) better than the Alienapia tracks :P But in general I find Shamanisma/Magic Dew to be a very interesting releases! A fresh take on melodic trance :D