Ingenious track names

exotic

There are some great titles in Psytrance indeed, but nothing beats Red Sparowes. Here's two nice examples (and yes, those are track titles):

"Finally, As That Blazing Sun Shone Down Upon Us, Did We Know That True Enemy Was the Voice of Blind Idolatry; and Only Then Did We Begin to Think for Ourselves."

"Like the Howling Glory of the Darkest Winds, This Voice Was Thunderous and the Words Holy, Tangling Their Way Around Our Hearts and Clutching Our Innocent Awe. "

While they have nothing in common musically, I'd say the Red Sparowes took song-naming influence from Botch (but then got crazy with it). See the tracklist for "We Are the Romans":

To Our Friends In The Great White North

Mondrian Was A Liar

Transitions From Persona To Object

Swimming The Channel Vs. Driving The Chunnel

C. Thomas Howell As The "Soul Man"

Saint Matthew Returns To The Womb

Frequency Ass Bandit

I Wanna Be A Sex Symbol On My Own Terms

Man The Ramparts

For that matter, the name of the band "Red Sparowes" is obviously a play on "Black Crowes", and the Red Sparowes' music is obviously heavily influenced by Isis. All in all, they're not the most original band.

I guess I like Chi A.D. - "The Ocean Also Dreams"

While they have nothing in common musically, I'd say the Red Sparowes took song-naming influence from Botch (but then got crazy with it). See the tracklist for "We Are the Romans":

To Our Friends In The Great White North

Mondrian Was A Liar

Transitions From Persona To Object

Swimming The Channel Vs. Driving The Chunnel

C. Thomas Howell As The "Soul Man"

Saint Matthew Returns To The Womb

Frequency Ass Bandit

I Wanna Be A Sex Symbol On My Own Terms

Man The Ramparts

For that matter, the name of the band "Red Sparowes" is obviously a play on "Black Crowes", and the Red Sparowes' music is obviously heavily influenced by Isis. All in all, they're not the most original band.

I guess I like Chi A.D. - "The Ocean Also Dreams"

I don't see any connection between the titles of Botch and Red Sparowes other than being weird. Every Post-Rock band uses weird titles, so nothing special here. But Red Sparowes sure got the longest ;)

I don't know what makes you compare Red Sparowes to Isis (other that some members played in both bands), but that's so obviously wrong on many levels. Every Post-Rock band is influenced by exactly one band, and that is Godspeed You Black Emperor. And so is Isis.

Post-Rock as a whole is not a very original genre, just like Psytrance. This as a sidenote.