is this totally fresh>?

A friendly reminder that we are almost in 2010.

and still listen to goa :)

That said, I want to share a concept track in its entirety.

Nothing's gotten me this excited in a while :)

Check this out, heres an mp3 in exchange for comments or critique:

--> http://www.thekandieman.com/bobby/aerosis%...%2010%20(4).mp3

tell me what that does for you

its only about halfway done and still very live, but thats where the magic is at.

Hey there. I think you have the right to be excited. The music is uplifting, inspired and of high quality. Lots of interesting things going on. That's on a more objective level. In my more subjective opinion, and to answer your question, no, I don't think it's totally fresh and, if I understand your intention with that phrase, I think you're going to have to do something much more radical to achieve total freshness. Even more subjectively, I find the music very noisy, not unlike much of the newer psychedelic trance music of recent years. It trades in elegance for complexity, which for me is rarely a good thing, historically, although many would disagree. I sense you have the ability to be totally fresh if your really let yourself, I just don't hear it with this particular offering. Hope that's helpful.

overhyped already :lol: sry :P

it is only 3 days old, and halfway done, and thats a live take on it, still being refined I guess I should say :) But I find it wild, impossible to put it down.

bet you can't put your fingers on how it wobbles around between 146 and 148 bpm in tempo :)

Still, you all are right that certain layers of expression are missing, or not yet worked in :) thanks for open discussion.

To start some interesting side discussion, I want to mention a very insightful observation a friend of mine who puts parties together told me about..

A party, and therefore a scene and its popularity is all based on what music the cute girls will dance to. You can throw a raging trance party but it'll be lined all the way back up with israelis and pretty much just dudes. So techno is all wild because all the girls dance to it instead of trance.

You can prove this affect by observing a vacant dancefloor. At a certain point 3-5 hippie girls will move in and spin poi or something, then within the next 2 tracks theres suddenly 30 people going at it.

What do you guys think of the validity of this rule? How true is this according to what you can observe in the scene.

cuz... if you look close its so true its funny.... :P

To start some interesting side discussion, I want to mention a very insightful observation a friend of mine who puts parties together told me about..

A party, and therefore a scene and its popularity is all based on what music the cute girls will dance to. You can throw a raging trance party but it'll be lined all the way back up with israelis and pretty much just dudes. So techno is all wild because all the girls dance to it instead of trance.

You can prove this affect by observing a vacant dancefloor. At a certain point 3-5 hippie girls will move in and spin poi or something, then within the next 2 tracks theres suddenly 30 people going at it.

What do you guys think of the validity of this rule? How true is this according to what you can observe in the scene.

cuz... if you look close its so true its funny.... :P

I don't agree tbh.

This is probably something that may happen in parties where dudes just wanna hit on girls.

I think in psytrance parties (at least not the commercial ones) dudes don't care if girls are dancing next to them. I know I don't. I go to parties for the music, not to find a girl.

It's always cool of course to see beautiful girls dancing next to you, but not it's not the reason that's gonna motivate me to dance.

Of course in more clubby friendly psy parties where all the music is either poppy full on or metrosexual progressive it may be true. :D

• 1 month later...

I don't agree tbh.

Of course in more clubby friendly psy parties where all the music is either poppy full on or metrosexual progressive it may be true. :D

Thats one thing about new psytrance scenes.It is 2010. old hippies are all died.Now u can find more of 100microGms guys n Beer drinking girls. I think It has to do something with music also.Fullon feels more like house(Although dont sounds alike) Many times I sit wondering "Where is the TRANCE in new psytrance?"

I like what i hear. Aerosis, perhaps the darkpsy is your niche :)

I Do have to agree that the fullness of the track is not quite as sounds could be filled into empty spaces. I am still figuring this out myself aswell hehe its a challenge.

I feel its good for now and could very well be great the way it is. The only missing ingredient i can see is fullness, if it was a darkpsy tune it would have sound in every space in the spectrum, but its more of a trance tune with a darker approach.

I find it good to listen to though :) so keep doing what your doing, aighty

BTW the youtube link, that track is a favorite but i never knew what it was titled because i heard it on a radio show of Simon Posford on New Wave Radio on Ministry of Sound, that was recorded it was without a tracklist.....

so i'd like to say thanks for sharing that aswell

Peace bros