Obscure goa/psy releases thread

Oopie

What on earth is this ?

Trans-Lucid - Trans-Lucid (1996)

http://www.discogs.com/Trans-Lucid-Trans-L.../release/232416

I have this one. I don't find it that interesting at all. For the prices it fetches, you can get five albums, each of them three times better than this fortunately forgotten album. It's not bad on its own, but when I think about 1996, the name Trans Lucid damn certainly doesn't ring a bell or evoke nice memories.

However, if you are one of those "gotta have it all" guys, you're gonna buy it anyways... :)

I have this one. I don't find it that interesting at all. For the prices it fetches, you can get five albums, each of them three times better than this fortunately forgotten album. It's not bad on its own, but when I think about 1996, the name Trans Lucid damn certainly doesn't ring a bell or evoke nice memories.

However, if you are one of those "gotta have it all" guys, you're gonna buy it anyways... :)

Heh. Althou Trans-Lucid's self titled is not the best goa release out there I do find it to have a couple tracks worth hearing. But Rino nailed the point - it's not really worth the big money, but if you're able to find it on an auction site for a low starting bid... you could always invest a couple euros on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh. Althou Trans-Lucid's self titled is not the best goa release out there I do find it to have a couple tracks worth hearing. But Rino nailed the point - it's not really worth the big money, but if you're able to find it on an auction site for a low starting bid... you could always invest a couple euros on it.

agree, its pretty bad, but people still want it think i traded it about a year ago for this

http://www.discogs.com/Herc-Johnny-Sin-Goa.../release/350318

which is much better, but alas as you all know, sold it like all the others, the price you pay for

needing other more important stuff that you can't pay for :angry:

You should all look for two EP's by Genecom:

Quaternary EP

Silicon EP

It's not obscure, it's not goa/psy, but it's something you're almost guaranted to love: uplifting melodic high energy trance.

The tracks Silicon Dreams, Polyphonic Raid and Sunchase are the standout tracks.

Judging from your description I will like this, I put it on my wantlist. :)

The idea that there is some super awesome old school Goa trance laying around waiting to be rediscovered is very nice and all but... I think it's all been torn up and exposed to the light by now. All you are likely to find are curiosities.

Well, it depends what you have in mind. Maybe super awesome is really not possible but I've noticed that I sometimes have a pretty strange taste and that I like stuff which that more or less nobody else does so...

Bet non of you have heard this one, Starseed* - A Million Hz Away

it's a soup cooked in 2005, but it tastes older with goa trance, proggy energy, space themes, anchent fluteplay, TIP samples and strange melodies.

it's rather good :)

Another one for my wantlist, I will look for some samples here. :)

Checked out one MAN track on youtube. It was harshly put average, althou that album cover is amazing I'm gonna take 'Know Thyself' off the wantlist.

Here's a nice find:

http://www.discogs.com/Mustapha-Beat-Ali-P.../release/214760

Who is/are Mustapha Beat remains unknown, the three tracks on their only vinyl are quite enjoyable affair nevertheless. One of them is a sublime downtempo number (Mustapha Theme) and the other two are dark, sweaty experimental night time psytrance. The other one of the uptempo tracks even has that "rolling" KBBB, if I'd ever do a darkpsy set this could serve as an opener indeed.