ohohoho a new kettel album!

murphythecat

yes although u can argue that even ambient does have melodies, or punk rock even. Melody as notes changing tone

When people talk about melodies, 99% of the time they are talking about more obvious melodious sounds. Not changing synths, beats that go up & down or drones that move slightly :ph34r:

When people talk about melodies, 99% of the time they are talking about more obvious melodious sounds. Not changing synths, beats that go up & down or drones that move slightly :ph34r:

Obviously those are not melodies, but noises ;)

euh guys, music is only melodies, even none melodious music have melodies otherwise, its not music, its noise, and the only thing that come in my minde is autechre, otherwise, even the weirdest, psy, fuck top music have melodie, bass 4-4 is a melodie,

you really didnt understood what i said hen, men even the wierdest music have melodies, otherwise, we could not call it music

lol abasio, it takes time to understand non-melodic music, you really think i dont understand, you think that if someone dont understand it, he will one day and he will like it?

and i would like to have example of music without melodies, im really interested, cause i feel like its quite impossible, ive never heard music without melodies, the only think that come in my mind is autechre

call someone a 5 years old, and feeling the need to tell it, i find it immature

okay i understand, you base your opinion on kettel because of mydogan and myam james part 1, you didnt listen to the other album hen

AND what, KETTEL is not abstarct, are you kidding me????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? too naive??????????? what have you listen from kettel men, cause if you tell me that through friendly waters is not abstract, its because you didnt listen to it, i mean shinuzob is abstract as hell, with complex off-beat idm , whatever, and okay i love some stuf abstarct, but it has to make sence, to follow something, niot just going in every direction, like funckarma

it doesnt make sence guys, because if i love kettel, is because i love abstract music, because its only my dogan andd myam james that are not abstract, whisper me wishes ans TFW is completely abstract music, i understood it

euh guys, music is only melodies, even none melodious music have melodies otherwise, its not music, its noise, and the only thing that come in my minde is autechre, otherwise, even the weirdest, psy, fuck top music have melodie, bass 4-4 is a melodie,

you really didnt understood what i said hen, men even the wierdest music have melodies, otherwise, we could not call it music

lol abasio, it takes time to understand non-melodic music, you really think i dont understand, you think that if someone dont understand it, he will one day and he will like it?

and i would like to have example of music without melodies, im really interested, cause i feel like its quite impossible, ive never heard music without melodies, the only think that come in my mind is autechre

call someone a 5 years old, and feeling the need to tell it, i find it immature

And I find it very immature that people can't admit when they've said something that is really stupid <3

If you think music that has no melodies isn't music then you are as dumb as those people who go around claiming that music that isn't played with REAL instruments (=bass, guitar, drums etc) is not music :lol:

YOU ALL DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEANT, i know that some music has not clear melodies, but they still have melodies, you understaind? so even music that doesnt seem to have melodies, have melodies, otherwise, my opinion in fact is that music always contain melodies, this is what i meant all along, you guys all freaked out, bgut i think the same think that you, i love abstract music( not aphex twin) but why do ytou think i love kettel, if you listen to whisper me wishes or through friendly waters, you would really know that i love abstratc music, but thats not the point, my point is that IMO every music , even the craziest music you can think off follow a certain strucuture of melodies, otherwise, it could not be music, cause every music have melodies, you understand? stop insulting me, im really not stupid, so come on, i suck in english, fine, but dont insult intelligence, its really i dont know not cool, its easy, its mean, you guys like to be fuckin mean, anyways have you understand what i meant, i know that some music seem to have no melodies at all, but they have imo

IM NOT SAYING IF A MUSIC HAS NO MELODIES IS ONLY SOUND AND NOISE ( you allll take it really badly, but that was not i meant, i meant that even the fuck top music up there contains some sort of melodfies, thats all

BUT I KNOW THAT SOME MUSIC WE CAN FEEL THAT THEY DONT HAVE MELODIES, I UNDERSTAIND THAT KINF OF MUSIC ABASIO(BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU TASTELOL)

and i dont know, have you really listen to other albums from kettel beside my dogan and myam james part 1???????????????????????????????????? cause its totally different, totally, its another world, and its the nicest electroniuc music ive listen in my life, and its totally abstratc

you jump on there without being logical because if i say kettel is my favorite artist, and you come tell me after that i dont understand abstract, its really because you havent heard all of the kettel albums!

and i dont know, have you really listen to other albums from kettel beside my dogan and myam james part 1???????????????????????????????????? cause its totally different, totally, its another world, and its the nicest electroniuc music ive listen in my life, and its totally abstratc

you jump on there without being logical because if i say kettel is my favorite artist, and you come tell me after that i dont understand abstract, its really because you havent heard all of the kettel albums!

I own pretty much all the Kettel albums... And I was doubting you understanding anything rhythm based abstract music because you started acting all crazy when I said I liked Funckarma more Kettel ;)

well abasio droney ambient like Steve Roach DOES have melodic lines ...

A kick-drum changing tonicallity is more noise than melody, i tend to agree, but u can make melodies out of it.

And even during some experimental Autechre stuff like in their album Draft 7.30 or Confield u do can listen to some melodic layer playing , somewhere in between all the noises =P

okay but you understood what i meant right??? now that i explain it

Yeah, I understand you now. Most of my friends are either into pop or cheesy dance pop and whenever people say they can't stand music without melodies they are usually talking about obvious cheesy ones you get from Tiesto etc. Unfortunately this is what I expect the meaning to be from what you said.