[rec]

exotic

Anyone seen it? One of the comments on imdb says its not for the easily impressionable cause this movie has taken horror to the next level. I've got it with me but i just do not have the heart to watch it given my exams are on , i don't wanna feel like some zombie is creeping up on me . I love my sleep but at the same time really want to be able to watch it once at least all alone just for the rush. I don't wanna get carried away though considering everyone has been raving about the fact that it has redefined the meaning of horror altogether. Maybe I should wait to watch it with someone ? :ph34r:

spoiler!!

Can the moderator please change 'rec' in the topic title to capitals ? :P

ah yes great movie indeed... although I'd stay away from statements like "it takes horror to the next level" which might make you a bit dissapointed when you actually see it. It's just a very good movie, with some original touches, that's all, don't expect to see the next Exorcist or anything... Although in my books, nothing beats Ringu, now THAT's horror ;)

BTW another very good and original horror movie I've seen latley is 1408

ah yes great movie indeed... although I'd stay away from statements like "it takes horror to the next level" which might make you a bit dissapointed when you actually see it. It's just a very good movie, with some original touches, that's all, don't expect to see the next Exorcist or anything... Although in my books, nothing beats Ringu, now THAT's horror ;)

BTW another very good and original horror movie I've seen latley is 1408

Ringu is classic.

But I agree with seraph about 1408. Too many cgi ruined the movie.

REC is awesome, watch it right away!!! It's a must see

And i'm with Lemmi on 1408, i really enjoyed it... And Seraph, to call it unoriginal is out of my understanding??? I have NEVER seen anything like it... IMO 1408 is an intense movie (like REC) where you get the feeling of being trapped in a room/house where unexplainable things goes on, and you sit captivated the whole movie through, waiting to find out what happens next... I will recommend it!

And i'm with Lemmi on 1408, i really enjoyed it... And Seraph, to call it unoriginal is out of my understanding??? I have NEVER seen anything like it... IMO 1408 is an intense movie (like REC) where you get the feeling of being trapped in a room/house where unexplainable things goes on, and you sit captivated the whole movie through, waiting to find out what happens next... I will recommend it!

SHINING

THE TENANT

ROSEMARY'S BABY

THE HAUNTING

SHINING

THE TENANT

ROSEMARY'S BABY

THE HAUNTING

Ok, in outline the shining is build on the same idea about an evil house/room, but that is where the comparising stops IMO..

the haunting was just ridiculous IMO, wich is why I don't think 1408 deserves to be compared with that...

Haven't watched the other two movies you listed, so don't know about them :unsure:

Anyways the movie was special to me, maybe it woesn't for you :)

Two movies which made me loose my sleep for many days are

Ringu

Exorcism of Emily Rose

... i have stayed away from horror movies for nearly 2 years..maybe i will break this trend and watch this one.

SHINING

THE TENANT

ROSEMARY'S BABY

THE HAUNTING

yes what's original in 1408 is the way the movie deals with the "haunted mansion" theme! In the same way one might say that Rec is a rip-off of a billion zombie movies just because it features zombies...

the haunting was just ridiculous IMO, wich is why I don't think 1408 deserves to be compared with that...

Anyways the movie was special to me, maybe it woesn't for you :)

I meant the old The Haunting film, from 1963, much better version than new crap. And yeah, taste differs. :D

back to the initial topic: has anyone noticed that Soth Park season 12 episode 10 and 11 Pandemic have a part that was filmed just like Rec? There's even a big [REC] on the screen ;)

Yes I barely saw it today, I'm lagging behind on my South Park shame on me :(

• 2 months later...

That piece of unoriginal, boring crap ? No way ! :P

1408? Really, I actually liked that one a LOT, I thought it was very trippy, being stoned probably contributed to that feeling, but nevertheless I liked it a lot!I thought it was a bit strange that it's rated so low.

[Rec] on the other hand I thought was rated too high, I don't see why so many people are so utterly excited about this one, it wasn't bad, but not THAT good either imo, just another infected zombie flick.Really noisy movie also, the screaming was often so damn loud that I needed to lower the volume in order to still enjoy it.