What track do you listen to before you go to bed?

Malevol3nt

I've realized that often I would have the need to listen to a good track before I'd go to bed. Nothing special, just that it's a track I favor and preferably ambient-style aswell. Makes it easy to go to sleep that way I guess. There's not a single track I use every day, but I usually select something from either CBL, Solar Fields or maybe even something off of vibrasphere's selected downbeats album (I'd like to add Pushmipulyu - Wake You is an excellent choice aswell). Ocasionally I'd go to sleep with something more psychedellic like x-dream, but I keep it ambiental usually.

Tonight it's Ulrich Schnauss - Bluebird of Happiness (Ulrich Schnauss Remix). Perfect closing for the night. :)

I did use to just pop in a whole mix of tracks to sleep over to. Back when I was in the army (here we go again.. :rolleyes::lol:) I had the excellent Paul Oakenfold - Essential Mix (1994) mix on my ipod. Waking up near a fire while this music was played in my ears is a true psychedellic experience hehehe. ^_^

Edit: Nah, it's gonna be track Wake You for closing this night. I overplayed the bluebird track too much recently :P

Don't have 1 song per say, just listen to my ipod for ~30-90 mins. I do tend to skip to my more favorite songs though(I always have it on random). I definitely need it to go to sleep. It helps take my attention away from the constant racing thoughts & lets me space out long enough to get to sleep. It'd probly take me 4+hrs to get to sleep without it instead of 1.5-2hrs.

Pink Floyd - shine on you crazy diamond, live version

and then i fall asleep while the rest of pink floyd - pulse plays

I can't listen to anything else anymore, its fucked up hehe, really i'm slighty going insane, but on a playfull way

Im on tour with a show called glenn miller: moonlight serenade at the moment and all i do is tweaking buttons on an LS9 digital mixing desk and travelling from city to city.

It changed my perception of music drastically...

I sometimes try to listen to goatrance or psytrance

but then i just scratch the back of my head and frown a few times, 30 sec later i put in pink floyd again...

I tried other electronica and rock music and all i can do is yawn, i never should have bought that pink floyd CD damnit!!!!

Always the same fucking CD, im starting to see musical patterns and harmonic structures everywhere in life and nature....

oh and i have some good memories on pink floyd music too, last tour i wasnt alone listening to it before i fell asleep :) hehe,.....mmmhhh :(

what has life changed the last few months....too much light

If I listen to anything before going to bed (or while going to bed), it's never psy stuff, it's what I call "medieval ambient".

Mostly it's old Mortiis or Wongraven...