3. Maiia - Rainforest Evterpa

4. Pantomiman - Special For You

5. Shangri-La - Om Mahalakshmi

6. Lethal Doze feat. Spayo Ventax - Tribe With Shamans

7. Yestegan ChaY - Twenty

8. Unknown Cause - The Shaman Within

9. Zymosis - Anterra

10. James Reipas - Talvitalvi

The compilation's opener is a track by Shiva3, an artist unknown to me. This is an interesting track. It's like a combination of minimal darkpsy at 138-140 bpm filled with haunting melodic lines floating around and mysterious voices. It's obvious that the artist wanted to recreate a psychedelic shamanic trip. Listening to this track I had the feeling that I'm in a cave ready to drink the ayahuasca mix. Not a party blaster, but a track for listening and tripping. Great start!

Next we get Alienapia's track, a pure Goa stormer. Old School-ish to the bone, with high synths and acidic mood. Some synths are maybe a bit too high and listening to maximum volume with headphones maybe hurt your ears a bit. But this track is awesome! Very dreamy stuff, yet energetic with a liquid bass that I miss a lot these days. Especially when the acidic wall raises from the depth this track is ace! Super!

Fragletrollet takes the compilation in darker paths. Forest scandinavian darkpsy here. Very fast, but expect a lot of madness and some carnival style melodies. The kick sounds completelly wooden (in a good way). The last part is more spiritual and trippy. Nice track.

Suomi masters EvsY return the compilation to light. Groovy as always with crazy melodies. The track is very intense and seems to combine the 3 styles of EvsY albums in a great way. Much more uplifting and less spiritual than the rest tracks here, but a winner track for sure.

Again we shift to the darkness with Magimatic. I don't know how to describe that track. Try mixing Infected Mushroom with a suomi spice, add some minimal darkpsy and lot of madness. Very original track! I can't think of anything similar. I will keep an eye on Magimatic.

Next are OmegaHertz bringing some melodies. Neo Goa track with some indian influences. I've heard that this group is a bit cheesy, but this track stays behind the cheesiness line. It's ethnic influenced, but not cheesy IMO. The track ie very catchy, although I believe it needed more layers. Still nice track.

Another Goa effort by Spirit Medicine. Very acidic track, it will bring a smile to every 303 lover's face. The track is non stop, with almost no breaks at all. Some background melodies especially at the end sound very nice, I would like to see the group focus more on them. Very good.

Shiva3 again. This track is definitely more energetic and morning styled than the first one. Some of you may not like the monotonous bass here, but the track works. There are many dreamy melodies flying around and the track builds greatly till the end. Good track again.

Another old school track by Indica Project. This track sounds like it was made in 1995, filled with a lot of nostalgia. IMO it's a simple track, don't expect maximal attitude. The melody around minute 4 is very beautiful, I would love to see this as the main melody of the track, but unfortunately it doesn't return.

In the last two minutes the track transforms into a dub downtempo, not exactly my style, but the whole track is nice.

Huh! The Fool! Ok for one more time, this is one of the best tracks ever written. Imagine the ideal Muses Rapt track. A stormer fiiled with powerful hats, kicks, snares and non stop melodies so emotional and beautiful that will make you cry. Yet this track never stops moving your feet. Pure, real Trance! This track crushes the classic Spiritual Healing. Note that this is a remastered version although at the start there's some clipping, but who really cares?

What a great way to end the first cd. Two great tracks in a row! Reality Pixie an artist that grabbed my attention the last years delivers his best track so far IMO. Psychedelic to the bone, happy and funny! A track that will make you smile for sure! Lovely psytrance!

The ambient cd opens with Paper Squad. It starts like a normal dark dubby ambient, but soon speeds up to become an almost dance track. The synths are screaming and soon enough a praying guy sample enters. The last two minutes everything stops except the sample. To be honest I didn't enjoy that much listening to a guy singing/praying for two whole minutes.

Next we get a pure dub track by Kukan Dub Lagan. This style was never my favorite, but I guess if you enjoy dub you're gonna find something good here.

Now Maiia's track had the potential to become one of my best downtempo tracks of the last years. The melodies here are very happy and it's impossible not to think some exotic place while listening to them. The first two minutes are soooo beautiful! Happy music FTW! The rest of the track becomes much more dreamy. I love it, but I wish he continued the melodies of the first minutes more. Still great track!!!

Pantomiman's track is a bit more experimental. Many synth bells here and acoustic percussion. The last part is very melodic and very interesting. Dreamy and dark!

Ok time for time travel. Do you remember the old times when there was a downtempo track in almost every Goa album? Well Shangri-La sounds like that! The only thing I don't like in this track is the cliche female indian singing sample. Apart from that the track is very relaxing and beautiful.

Lethal Doze feat. Spayo Ventax. I'm not familiar with the artists, but this track is interesting. It's very dark in a more ritual than scary way. It's like taking a Nommos track, remove most of the effects and low the tempo to 130 bpm. Try it on acid! :ph34r:

Yestegan ChaY has some breakbeat influences almost IDM-ish. The track is very psychedelic and reminds of sunny beaches. Especially the pads are very emotional (I wanted more of them to be honest) and the ethnic melodies are very well made.

Next we get a nice downtempo track by Ubnknown Cause. Nothing strange here, the track is pretty much the average downtempo psy stuff you would except, without that meaning is bad. Nice track.

Zymosis track has some heavy IDM influeces. Actually it sounds more IDM than psy orientated. A bit too experimental for relaxing, but it has a nice atmopshere and IDM lovers will dig it.

Ah, James Reipas. Such a simple song, yet so nice. This track has a very melancholic feeling in it. It got me everytime I listen to it. It's actually downtempo with 3-4 layers playing a sad, nostalgic tune. Perfect for rainy mornings.

That was a pleasant surprise. A double cd compilation filled with neo goa, old school goa, dark psytrance and meditation psy, dub, downtempo, goambient and dark ambient. Space Baby surely gets in my watchout list. No bad tracks here, a bunch of great tunes and The Fool!

Highly recommencded!

I think the whole scene in Ukraine rocks. You got the good vibes.

Zymosis/alienapia great music and great dudes.

The same about Shiva3 dudes!

It was a great pleasure and honour being a part of this compilation. And I got a new version of Trees of Psychedelia that we will play for Ukraine on the 13th december.

BOOM!

• 1 month later...

Just ordered mine only after Reading the review, would be an awsum album ............ Bought it especially becoz of The Fool dint have this on a Cd nd i just luv it.............. :clapping:

• 5 months later...

I think this is one of the hidden gems. There's so many different experimental styles on this double CD compilation. From the first track on CD1 all the way through to the ending track of CD2 you are finding yourself listening to different stuff, it's not gonna get repetitious in terms of quantity of styles, ever. Not everything is going to be as likable, as it's so very probable that there's "not for me tracks", because of the sheer amount of different styled tracks, but that's completely subjective. If you are open minded and like experiemental sides of psy and goatrance (I.E. suomi, darkpsy, wacky ethnic influenced chillout), you might find this double compilation Very good with maybe a few disappointments.

I personally find this double CD compilation extremely good. There's only a few tracks I really don't like(Magimatic, Fragletrollet, Pantomimoan, Lethal Doze) and then there's good quantity of tracks that I like A LOT (Shiva3, Omegahertz, Alienapia, Spirit Medicine, Muses Rapt, Reality Pixie, Shangri-la, Maiia, Zymosis, James Reipas) and the rest being good as well, definitely not bad. The highlights being Omegahertz - Deisis with finally melodies that are not cheesy incorporated withing the style of his.(I find his older stuff very cheesy because of the melodies coupled with the style), Shiva3 - Angel Meditation with it's darkpsy feeling, but with actual sinister and ethnic mood and Maiia - Rainforest Evterpa for being really wacky ethnic and down to earth chilled out downtempo, I love it.

Special Mention goes to James Reipas. Now I have never heard of this guy's stuff before, but this is just something. It sounds like it was mostly made with an 8-bit system(Chiptunes), but the melodies are so uplifting and striking that I can't help but to love it.

P.S. The artwork also does justice to this compilation. Very nice.