Acid Techno

pixiejanet

Acid Techno is a brilliant genre of music of the stomping kind.

I love Chris Liberator, Dave the Drummer, Roland the B*****d, Gizelle oh and so much more from the Liberator guys...

Adam lab4 is playing in leeds next Saturday, i may have to go stomp some...

Proteus recently played in leeds and rocked the joint.

You mean the finnish dude who wears leather pants & dark makeup?

I don't like him at all, nor any other artists in that genre. Hard trance, NRG, it all sounds the same to me. Stupid synths with far too fast beats. Technically he's a great DJ though.

I always loved acid techno on nights out, mix tapes or pirate radio but can't for the life of me remember any artists <_<

check out what pixie recommended above, those are basically the godfathers nowadays. (kinda like raja ram? LOL) and if you dig a little on discogs you will find a lot more. I really dig it as well, but it can become too damn much sometimes as well. I dont know its like really hard techno, I can enjoy getting a dancefloor spank out of it for 2-3 hours, but then I want some psy or minimal :) Great it would be to have RAVE PARTIES again! 4 dancefloors with mixed Genres on every floor! :D

Hard trance, NRG, it all sounds the same to me. Stupid synths with far too fast beats.

I don't think that quite qualifies acid techno, but whatever, you're entitles to an opinion :)

I'm with pixiejanet, some of that stuff is so mental and tweaked out to the bone marrow!

I still remember dozens of shows, vinyls and albums, DJs and parties and hundreds of classics dating from an era when they were the shit.

Anyways, we had some great 303 orientated topics in the general section, and I remember posting some of my picks from the genre, I might go and use the search engine to dig some of those out. Aaaceeeiiid!!!

You mean the finnish dude who wears leather pants & dark makeup?

I don't like him at all, nor any other artists in that genre. Hard trance, NRG, it all sounds the same to me. Stupid synths with far too fast beats. Technically he's a great DJ though.

well he was at an Acid Techno party. i know he wasnt quite all the 303s, so to speak, but techno seem to have progressed a little recently and some hard dance styles have filtered in ...a little bit...

and at least the minimal stuff is dying away.. it got waaay to boring, i need some energy in my music:)

the Liberators are still the ultimate:) all 3 of em have different styles.Chris is by far the one who keeps me on the floor from start to finish:) Aaron is darker and Julian hes got dark and dirty down to a fine art:)

Acid Techno is a brilliant genre of music of the stomping kind.

I love Chris Liberator, Dave the Drummer, Roland the B*****d, Gizelle oh and so much more from the Liberator guys...

Adam lab4 is playing in leeds next Saturday, i may have to go stomp some...

I fell in and out of that genre within a few semesters. In that time I did manage to go catch a few Lab4 events more than a few years ago now, they were insane... only thing i remember about them, though :rolleyes:

I really do not like Lab4 anymore, but hearing it LIVE was truly an experience! :)

Lab4 split... Adam is still doin the rounds, dunno what Les is doing..

Used to spin it back in late 90s .... Smitten, Stay Up Forever, Routemaster, Boscaland, Hazchem, some releases on Choci's Chewns .... ah... those memories. Too bad nowadays a lot of those records cost fortune (yes I still buy old school acid techno records).

The beginning of the whole nu/hard nrg movement was also the shit (before it burnt out and stupid uk hard house took over and became mainstream): Tinrib, Alien Trax, Do Not Bend, Phoenix Uprising, Chug'N'Bump, One Inch, ....

And then the last one: uplifting trance (before Tiesto became a god hehehehe): Pendragon, Escape From Samsara, Antiworld etc. parties. with Marc Sinclar, Juno, Jace, Darren Shambala, Oberon, Beamish ......

Those were the years I was mad@psytrance cause minimal trance took over old goa movement :D

Used to spin it back in late 90s .... Smitten, Stay Up Forever, Routemaster, Boscaland, Hazchem, some releases on Choci's Chewns .... ah... those memories. Too bad nowadays a lot of those records cost fortune (yes I still buy old school acid techno records).

The beginning of the whole nu/hard nrg movement was also the shit (before it burnt out and stupid uk hard house took over and became mainstream): Tinrib, Alien Trax, Do Not Bend, Phoenix Uprising, Chug'N'Bump, One Inch, ....

And then the last one: uplifting trance (before Tiesto became a god hehehehe): Pendragon, Escape From Samsara, Antiworld etc. parties. with Marc Sinclar, Juno, Jace, Darren Shambala, Oberon, Beamish ......

Those were the years I was mad@psytrance cause minimal trance took over old goa movement :D

Oh my! have you brought back some memories...:)

i need to find a copy of Strange When You`re Twisted by Dj Choci and Room16 by Marc Sinclair! and Funky Cold Medina(Geezer????) your post reminded me of those three tunes! lol

I used to go to Samsara@Fridge and Pendragon@Theatre Factory and Nuclear Free Zone @414

Oberon and Beamish are still going Strong:)

Oh my! have you brought back some memories...:)

i need to find a copy of Strange When You`re Twisted by Dj Choci and Room16 by Marc Sinclair! and Funky Cold Medina(Geezer????) your post reminded me of those three tunes! lol

I used to go to Samsara@Fridge and Pendragon@Theatre Factory and Nuclear Free Zone @414

Chocis Chewns!!!! :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: One of the BEST evargh labels :D Damn, I can remember buying so many of them in the Fat Cats in Laundaun! :)

Really? When I was leavin Europe in 2000 Oberon latests "Faerieland" mixes were nothing but technoish stuff. What are they spinning now? I'd like to catch Oberon during my next visit in London heh.

NYE@Tyssen Street then New Year's party@Fridge in 1999 were one ofe the best parties I've ever attended. Anyone remember Rodrigue Paciornik who was playing live drums during Mark Sinclar's set@NEY's party@Theatre Factory? ;)

Chocis Chewns!!!! :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: One of the BEST evargh labels :D Damn, I can remember buying so many of them in the Fat Cats in Laundaun! :)

I got a share of those as well, I just find them awfully dated now. I mean, I can still get a kick out of them every once in a while, but most of the times I find them... Dare I say it...? Ch***y.

Anyways, fast and furious acid driven techno must be the illest sounding form of electronic music to get me buck wild on the dance floor! :posford:

My favorite acid techno track must be Point Break by Sulfurex, and the insanely berserk remix of Egyptian Empire's The Horn Track, with those demented bagpipes getting mixed in with the 303s, by The Pump Panel, is quite probably a close second.

And then there is Public Energy's Three O' Three, Misjah's and Jean-Pierre's Temple Of Acid, DJ Skull's Acid Wiss L... etc. etc. etc.

I got a share of those as well, I just find them awfully dated now. I mean, I can still get a kick out of them every once in a while, but most of the times I find them... Dare I say it...? Ch***y.

Anyways, fast and furious acid driven techno must be the illest sounding form of electronic music to get me buck wild on the dance floor! :posford:

My favorite acid techno track must be Point Break by Sulfurex, and the insanely berserk remix of Egyptian Empire's The Horn Track, with those demented bagpipes getting mixed in with the 303s, by The Pump Panel, is quite probably a close second.

And then there is Public Energy's Three O' Three, Misjah's and Jean-Pierre's Temple Of Acid, DJ Skull's Acid Wiss L... etc. etc. etc.

Nowt wrong with a bit `o`cheez.....:)

NYE@Tyssen Street then New Year's party@Fridge in 1999 were one ofe the best parties I've ever attended. Anyone remember Rodrigue Paciornik who was playing live drums during Mark Sinclar's set@NEY's party@Theatre Factory? ;)

i went to NYE but not the Fridge..(.i went to ealing instead:) it was a brilliant party! i didnt stop dancing all night!

Beamish still lives in london area but Oberon moved to South America, comes back sometimes for the odd one off...

Beamish still lives in london area but Oberon moved to South America, comes back sometimes for the odd one off...

South America? Damn ...

Anyway are there any parties in London nowadays with uplifting trance/acid techno? www.sorted.org/london hadn't been updated by Dale for the last 2 years it looks like :)

My favorite acid techno track must be Point Break by Sulfurex, .

Oh yeah..that's a classic.

Looks like Simon and Matt got inspired by that track and made one of The Infernal Machine songs.

Point Break is even in Hallucinogen's live set in San Francisco and Sulfurex - Point Break white label single was wrongly mistaken for Hallucinogen unreleased 12" for a while.

How about this mix:

http://www.discogs.com/release/402981

and this one:

http://www.discogs.com/release/252474?ev=rr

South America? Damn ...

Anyway are there any parties in London nowadays with uplifting trance/acid techno? www.sorted.org/london hadn't been updated by Dale for the last 2 years it looks like :)

414 club in Brixton is still doing acid techno parties with the liberators...one coming up real soon!

http://fp.club414.f9.co.uk/

• 7 months later...