Synthchopping in goa trance and goa ambient

radi6404

Why do you make fun of this topic, this topic isn´t funny at all. if anyone else had opened the topic I am sure there wouldn´t be spam inside. And nemo, I dont´get why you always participate in the spam, you are a mod but in all threads where people spam you spam, too. The offtopic section was closed and I know that you were for the closing, but you spam in all spammer threads too and taht´s quite funny.

Why do you make fun of this topic, this topic isn´t funny at all. if anyone else had opened the topic I am sure there wouldn´t be spam inside. And nemo, I dont´get why you always participate in the spam, you are a mod but in all threads where people spam you spam, too. The offtopic section was closed and I know that you were for the closing, but you spam in all spammer threads too and taht´s quite funny.

WHY?! Cause you do not make sense my dear friend. You are a troll, you will always be one, and you will die one. I am not making fun, but you got to accept the fact that whatever you ask for, you dismiss. You do not WANT to have advice, you just WANT TO fuck about. It is hard to take you serious.

It´s not true, that might have been true in your eyes when I visited the board earlier, but for now it isn´t true anymore, where do I not take advices here on the forum? We ust talked about gated tracks and the funny thing is that I didn´t even ask a question and you say I don´t take advice. I just asked what gated tracks people on the forum like, nothing else?

ophitoxaemia asked if mfg - overload is also a chopping track and I said yes it is, so where do I not take advice? Earlier I was very narrowminded and also didn´t listen to some people because I lived in an illusion, and I had a clear focus on what I want to get, but after one year in Bulgaria, I am not anymore in Bulgaria, (I am now in Germany for some months to try to enter the university again because I didn´t pass one test, but I might stay here) many things got clear and I changed my attitute becaue I learned what bad things people can do, I am able now to remain calm whatever happens on forums becaue I felt the hard part of life and went directly to laid traps of people I never thought would lay me, I have changed now much.

It´s not true, that might have been true in your eyes when I visited the board earlier, but for now it isn´t true anymore, where do I not take advices here on the forum? We ust talked about gated tracks and the funny thing is that I didn´t even ask a question and you say I don´t take advice. I just asked what gated tracks people on the forum like, nothing else?

ophitoxaemia asked if mfg - overload is also a chopping track and I said yes it is, so where do I not take advice? Earlier I was very narrowminded and also didn´t listen to some people because I lived in an illusion, and I had a clear focus on what I want to get, but after one year in Bulgaria, I am not anymore in Bulgaria, (I am now in Germany for some months to try to enter the university again because I didn´t pass one test, but I might stay here) many things got clear and I changed my attitute becaue I learned what bad things people can do, I am able now to remain calm whatever happens on forums becaue I felt the hard part of life and went directly to laid traps of people I never thought would lay me, I have changed now much.

ok

WHY?! Cause you do not make sense my dear friend. You are a troll, you will always be one, and you will die one. I am not making fun, but you got to accept the fact that whatever you ask for, you dismiss. You do not WANT to have advice, you just WANT TO fuck about. It is hard to take you serious.

That's a bit rough isn't it nemo?

Why do you make fun of this topic, this topic isn´t funny at all. if anyone else had opened the topic I am sure there wouldn´t be spam inside.

This is very true.

Furthermore, chopping is not a bad word for it at all. In fact, gating is kind of blurry for this use. What you're actually referring to, more specifically, is side-chained gating with MIDI (most commonly) as a trigger. Gating as a term for this practice is bound to create some confusion, while chopping is a great, intuitive word for it.

Oh, and NEMO.BOFH, what is actually important in goa trance? I can tell it's important for you to make radi feel like an idiot. These chopped choir parts have a prominent role in old school goa trance, and, if anything, are as important as any other sole component of goa trance. Bass drum, acid line, background pad, sweeping resonant filtered sounds, detuned saw wave. What's wrong with a guy thinking of chopped choir sounds as important?

he does it with other users, too. A guy asked how to install Ubundu in the tech ection and he just called him a troll and closed the thread, that was incredible. The guy had an old computer with 800 MHz and probably that´s wh nemo didn´t help him out. The guy admitted that he is too lazy to search for a solution on google and just for that nemo called him a troll. But I am used to it.

Well when he says the stuff like "I think that way too few artists used good chopping probably because they lacked the ability to produce great choppings."..

Ever considered that doing the same shit over and over again just makes your music sound the same? Maybe other artists tried to be original and come up with something other than chopping their tracks?

If everyone started using it, it would end up the same as psytrance ended up with the bassline feaver. Everyone just had to put that bassline in the front and forget about the rest of the track.

The point is you can't put a recepy for music. Because if you do, everyone will cook the same (ADDING GARLICK TO IT ISN'T GONNA CHANGE SHIT! :P)

Gating is one of the fundamental ingredients of trance music, and IMO relates strongly to certain sensory distortions you get when you're tripping, in the same way that phaser and filter sweeps do.

Well when he says the stuff like "I think that way too few artists used good chopping probably because they lacked the ability to produce great choppings."..

Ever considered that doing the same shit over and over again just makes your music sound the same? Maybe other artists tried to be original and come up with something other than chopping their tracks?

If everyone started using it, it would end up the same as psytrance ended up with the bassline feaver. Everyone just had to put that bassline in the front and forget about the rest of the track.

The point is you can't put a recepy for music. Because if you do, everyone will cook the same (ADDING GARLICK TO IT ISN'T GONNA CHANGE SHIT! :P)

Well. Genres are recipes. Goa trance already has TONS of ingredients that are almost required. Music is about enjoying sound. Of course you want more of a given sound that triggers positive response!

Well. Genres are recipes. Goa trance already has TONS of ingredients that are almost required. Music is about enjoying sound. Of course you want more of a given sound that triggers positive response!

Well, yeah. But there's really a diversity of goa artists that you can hear from the 90s, altho alot of these new artists of today keep focusing on just "one sound". Surely there are some general rules to follow when making a goa track, but there should be more then just one approach towards these rules. I mean look at the diversity of AP, Man with no name and Hallucinogen. All 3 are very different from each other but yet they've all made goa. So it's not a really tight set of rules that should allways be followed.