Totally awesome VSTs

I am noobish at making tunage, but I have been playing around with some cracy VSTs lately. some of the best one being free.

Glitch:

This vst can be downloaded for free as its a beta or something. Just copy the dll into your vst directory and use it as an effect. You can get some cracy stuff on here. Make a HIGHKO tune in 60 seconds.

Absynth 4.

Although this is mainly for ambient shit, this is still one of my favourite VSTS. rich beautiful sounds. awesome shit.

Albino 3.

Nuff said, this is also a great VST

Nexus.

One of the best for making psytrance basslines.

Glitch:

This vst can be downloaded for free as its a beta or something. Just copy the dll into your vst directory and use it as an effect. You can get some cracy stuff on here. Make a HIGHKO tune in 60 seconds.

I tried that sometime ago and while its damn cool its one of those too easy to use things.. just make random beat or some preset gate/arpeg synth then click randomise voila! you have a idm tune :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Crystal, which is a free vst, I've found to be really powerfull for sweeping lush pad. If you know how to use it. It's also good for some groovy reggae style sounds, it requires some messing around tho. It's not a 2 clicks with the mouse and you got a great preset, takes more then that. But still a great synth.

Z3ta - Pretty much hands down key to EDM music...

Synth1 - great for making a ripping lead

Buzz Adapter + modules - great for leads and other effects

TS404 - TB303

FLStudio - best automation system in any studio program, ever. Also has some of the best FX and EQ/Slicers/FPC/Soundgoodizer

Garritan Personal Orchestra - its a fucking orchestra....

That's all you need...

If you are into FM, then get FM8 or Sytrus

Good thing about everything i mentioned is all of it uses very little cpu.

edit:

oh, glitch, mgtriggergate, and crystal are nice too, but most of their stuff can be done with the aforementioned synths.