The best FX?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hei Buzz 1st off all we never talked!So it´s normal if i react like that!!right!

Then you answer with a stupid cote thats for sure!

Im not a kiddy or a nobbie!

But no heart fellings!Im not intrested in verbal fights!

Keep Up the Good Vibe!

We never talked, but you came to a place where people talk open and make fun when they want to... It's typical in here that people answer with dumb/negative/joking answers when its a question you can't answer.. THe question you asked can be compared to asking a painter how he creates hes masterpiece.. It's a work of art, you can't just write a couple of lines about something that took you many years to achieve.. But if you want my answer to the question i use VST's. Did it help you? NO :D I don't think it did

But the fact that i don't know you at all, really makes me wander why you get so angry about a clichee joke about your sister. Because you KNOW that i don't even know your sister, if you even have one, how should i know.

And i didn't call you a kiddy or Nobbie(whatever that means) i was just surprised how you took my joke.. But whatever dude, no hard feelings as well :)

Hei i think you are really toys(starfucker)fucck bad attitude!kiddies behind the desktop!

end of topic

Nahh, guessed wrong again... Don't know what you mean about toys(something children or dogs play with?) But im definetly no bad attitude kido :lol: you don't know us, so thats something you aren't in position to judge, remember that my attitude towards you is a RE-action of what you wrote to me, swearing at me in a foreign language and stufff.. Think you can ask any psynewser if i got an attitude problem :) But dude, fuck this, sorry i offended you with my joke, i just don't have any respect for your way reacting. But let's just forget about it :)

Back to the OP

I have been told that the best effect is to use a real space.

ie. to record in the atmosphere you want the sound to capture.

Most on this forum create high-BPM compressed psytrance music so this is probably going to go to waste.

I have never recorded in a real space, the most I've done is use a convolution reverb however I have thought about recording an amp against industrial metal surfaces and I have recorded the sound in my studio several times.

As far as other effects, I have noticed that getting away from the presets is going to give you that 'wonky', as the Brittish would say, sound.

Nowdays I try to use at least one effect in a mix in the far reaches of acceptability, that is, quite abnormal sound effect.

This is due to the fact that there are thousands of producers worldwide doing the same kinds of things.

Ok Thanks for the super feedback for all the artists that add a nice reply!

For those stupidsfuckers with fagget answers dont want to read their knowlegde.

The point here was to know what kind of techniques people were using!

Im not a noobie i got some years of experience with frutty,reason,cubase(a little) and now the supreme ableton live etc.

When i made the topic was to find out what was the best in your oppinion and not the the gods finally fucking supreme technique ,because that doesn´t exists(an artist achive is own method and ideas)iknow!!!!

Not a stupid question!but stupid users.

Im not a kiddie im almost 30 so next time you wana bee´s write,

write with good meannig!Capichheeeeee?Entendes!!yah yhaa?

Thanks for the support Reznik !! :drama:

Cheer´s and Hughs

Keep up the good Vibe.

You must not have noticed the "You must be insane to join Psynews" disclaimer upon registering. It's okay. :D

Native Instruments' Absynth is good for making strange sounds. Also, if you want to make the investment, a modular system is king of strange sounds. Current modular manufacturers include MOTM, Doepfer, Blacet and Modcan. Or you can go with a software modular like Arturia's Moog Modular V or Software Technology's VAZ Modular.

The other route is to delve into serious editing and use of effects on a sound. Try ring modulation, phase shifters, pattern gates...

to me it doesnt matter what you do to get a nice fx sound as long as you get it.

sometimes i use a vsti as a source bounce it t a sample add some fx (camelspace is nice). Or just use a sample add fx until you like it.

so the source doesnt matter.. as long as you make a nice fx.

once i cut a loop from james brown, added 2 fxs and it sounded great. Didnt sound anything like james brown anymore. But that doesnt matter.

Ok this was a way out of hand topic in the beginning but sort out to be ok!i think you are all nice people even you buzz :posford: hehehe!

Im using some synths and add fx later!Also making with a mic input track done some wird creepy noises.Also use samples adding vst effects later is ok too.

Super. :drama:

Thanks.