The best FX?

Yeah welcome to psynews ;) takes a bit to get used to, but its just humour here :drama:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this was a way out of hand topic in the beginning but sort out to be ok!i think you are all nice people even you buzz :posford: hehehe!

Im using some synths and add fx later!Also making with a mic input track done some wird creepy noises.Also use samples adding vst effects later is ok too.

Super. :drama:

Thanks.

No one has ever told me otherwise... Maybe i've heard a comment or two about my bad sense of humour, but eventually you'll learn to deal with it :D

On topic: Are you familiar with the Albino3 vsti? it can process some MAD effects! And you can find a big amount of presets/soundbanks for it, if you have trouble programming it yourself(IMO it's pretty complicated compared to other vst instruments)

No one has ever told me otherwise... Maybe i've heard a comment or two about my bad sense of humour, but eventually you'll learn to deal with it :D

On topic: Are you familiar with the Albino3 vsti? it can process some MAD effects! And you can find a big amount of presets/soundbanks for it, if you have trouble programming it yourself(IMO it's pretty complicated compared to other vst instruments)

Hi there (soorry didnt understand what IMO means) i´ve got albino 3 and got an extensive sound bank!normaly i dont use it for fx but i got some cool fx presets(i change them with vst effects)if you are pro with albino and other synths theres something maybe you could tell me how to do it (i just cant reach it ).you know that push up sound like (uuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii)that sound´s like going up ,that leads to a break or before a splash!do you know what i mean ,that goes up floating up note by note but with a release and sustain on! i try going up with the oscilator but stays like uuuuuu eeeeeee iiiiiiiiii separated not continuos!Ive try almos every botons in lot´s of synths!!!!!

<_<

Hi there (soorry didnt understand what IMO means) i´ve got albino 3 and got an extensive sound bank!normaly i dont use it for fx but i got some cool fx presets(i change them with vst effects)if you are pro with albino and other synths theres something maybe you could tell me how to do it (i just cant reach it ).you know that push up sound like (uuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii)that sound´s like going up ,that leads to a break or before a splash!do you know what i mean ,that goes up floating up note by note but with a release and sustain on! i try going up with the oscilator but stays like uuuuuu eeeeeee iiiiiiiiii separated not continuos!Ive try almos every botons in lot´s of synths!!!!!

<_<

In My Opinion ;)

Hmm, not shure what you mean... But if it's what i think it is, just automate the pitch and cutoff on the synth, it will make the rising effect you want :) I usually make the automation first, then i change the synth to sound like i want it.. And then do the final automation afterwards. Thats how i do it, but im no pro :lol:

You need to give me a lesson in that on day.. I can't get a good result from it :( What do you use it for.. intruments? Drums? samples`?

Personally, I've used it on drumloops, with pre-verb and some other techniques. It works out pretty good. Especially when you layer a bunch of loops on different instances of the plugin. Sweet! :)

I use Glitch to trigger 16 32 64 built in pattern multi fx in all sort of samples instruments and synths :) but i do think i cant do sliding pitch upstairs with that nice vst .In vanguard i found a pitch function and and almost got that toooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII effect before tha break or splash!got to try workin so i can get that super noise or glinding to heaven notes! hehehehehe

I use Glitch to trigger 16 32 64 built in pattern multi fx in all sort of samples instruments and synths :) but i do think i cant do sliding pitch upstairs with that nice vst .In vanguard i found a pitch function and and almost got that toooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII effect before tha break or splash!got to try workin so i can get that super noise or glinding to heaven notes! hehehehehe

Actually, there is a way. :)

Use the 'retrigger' in glitch, select a low speed (2.0 is lowest i think), set the length to 80% or more, S charge to none, and the Pitch control to any value you want. For example if you want the sound to pitch up you should set that pitch knob high.

Try it out, if it doesn't work for you I'll send u the .fxp preset.

Edit: Actually, it works good for drumloops. But not as much for leads or pads, as it's not really smooth. Try with a really high speed, maybe that could work.

Vanguard can definatly do it.. My favorite vst instrument btw, together with the albino

You see, I entered ONE plugin, and the discussion is going and the tips are flying all over the place. So Vanguard as an effect? I never tried that, tell me more! :D

I use it to make the rising sounds he wants, before a climax for example, don't understand if he means the type of effect that goes for several bars rising, or the one ehere you pitch the sound in the envelope, but vanguard can do both :P

You see, I entered ONE plugin, and the discussion is going and the tips are flying all over the place. So Vanguard as an effect? I never tried that, tell me more! :D

After installation most VST's can also be used as FX plugin instead of synthplugin.

Today's VST's are a combination of oscillators and FX, the FX is allready applied internal before the signal goes out to the sequencer.

Just add the vangaurd (or vangaurd FX) as an FX plugin and the oscillators will automatically be bypassed.

You can now use the FX panel of vanguard as a FX plugin.

This works with 90% of all VSt's.

After installation most VST's can also be used as FX plugin instead of synthplugin.

Today's VST's are a combination of oscillators and FX, the FX is allready applied internal before the signal goes out to the sequencer.

Just add the vangaurd (or vangaurd FX) as an FX plugin and the oscillators will automatically be bypassed.

You can now use the FX panel of vanguard as a FX plugin.

This works with 90% of all VSt's.

I knew that you can use them as effects, but are they really recommended? What can you do with them? I never tried, cause I have my favorite set of effects (which by all means, is just a few hehe) :) Sounds cool though, now that I am djing with 2 computers and Traktor/Ableton, this might come VERY handy! :D

I knew that you can use them as effects, but are they really recommended? What can you do with them?

recommended? i don't know, taste is different for everybody.

I think it could be really usefull for arpeggiators, i never tried this but it should work.

Imagine you are using predator or nexus but you want the vanguard arp.

Arp is an FX, so adding vanguard in the FX channel of the predator should give you predator sound with vanguard arpeggiatior.

Never tried it, and i can't test it right now cause i formatted my laptop and the only thing on it is BSS soundweb designer and microsoft office, and it will stay that way for a long time. No more making music for me until 9th januari :(

or another situation:

most onboard FX on VST's only have an on-off swith but no gain control.

If you add a synth as VST, turn off all the FX, and add the synth as FX again in the sequencer's FX mixer(Where you probably have gain control on all channels)

you will have the exact same effect, but because this is not an onboard-FX anymore you can now use the sequencer's gain control.

Arp is an FX, so adding vanguard in the FX channel of the predator should give you predator sound with vanguard arpeggiatior.

Never tried it, and i can't test it right now cause i formatted my laptop and the only thing on it is BSS soundweb designer and microsoft office, and it will stay that way for a long time. No more making music for me

Arp is a Midi control in vanguard, how is routing audio from the predator to an fx unit going to change the midi data of the predator track?

Maybe you meant trancegate, that's an audio efx in vanguard.

recommended? i don't know, taste is different for everybody.

I think it could be really usefull for arpeggiators, i never tried this but it should work.

Okey but try if it works before giving out advices :drama:

Ôk try to do that rising pitch sound before a big break or climax with glitch and it´s not possible at least with leads and pads and wird noises !got to try it with drum loops hehehehe must be a wacked result eheheh.

With vanguard almost had the result i want ,got to try harder.

Vanguard fx as vst fx?New for me i got the predator fx and others. What i really what right now is a destortion fx but not like amplitube fucking guitar lalalalalala tchimmm tchimmm tchimmm :lol:

something that could give me some wierd fx distortion like in Azax Syndrome leads!anyone one advice some distortion fx?

Okey but try if it works before giving out advices :drama:

I don't have any software installed at the moment, and this will stay that way till 9 01 09.

My laptop has to be clean& stable and fast.

But on 10 januari i will try it and post my findings. ;)

I don't have any software installed at the moment, and this will stay that way till 9 01 09.

My laptop has to be clean& stable and fast.

But on 10 januari i will try it and post my findings. ;)

Kilargh ;)