The Bathysphere

Symphoid

Hey all,

So I finally finished this track I've been working on (and off) for over a year. I wanted to incorporate sound effects to create a narrative atmosphere. After many tweaks, mixes and frustrations I finished this new piece called The Bathysphere.

Imagine manning a submersible vessel to the depths of the ocean. On it's decent, you press buttons and tweak knobs. Weird oceanic sounds and distortions are received through the machine's speakers as you dive deeper and deeper. The farther down you reach, the more audible the music becomes.

This track has been such a bitch to me so I hope you enjoy. It's very different than what I'm used to, but I wanted to try something new.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=itpCpHAc4bc

The Bathysphere - acidplanet

The Bathysphere - Yousendit

Posted Image

Fuck. :huh:

This is simply beautiful. What a great ride... intricate melodies, complex and (perhaps a little too often) changing rhythms, but filled with an indescribable atmosphere, which could just as well have been outer space as under the ocean. Goddamnit, this is exactly the stuff I like playing in chillouts. Very emotional and moving idmbient this is: pure class man. :)

Imminent favorite!

Are you planning on releasing this, and if so, where? And if not: is there any way I could purchase a .wav file off you? You definitely deserve something in return for this! Really, really nice job dude.

-_- [on repeat!]

[e] Know what I just realized? From around 3:00 there's this tingly melody that reminds me a lot of a Scorb track, which - can't be a coincidence - is called The Aquarium. Very fitting. Dude, I'll say it again, most excellent track you created here!

:lol: Does the submersive vessel have radio? The first music that comes on and then off again(for about a second) sounds like your switching radio channels :)

Anyways, great story.... Very nice atmosphere! Lovely soft melodies! You got skills son :P

:lol: Does the submersive vessel have radio? The first music that comes on and then off again(for about a second) sounds like your switching radio channels :)

Anyways, great story.... Very nice atmosphere! Lovely soft melodies! You got skills son :P

Billy is one of the (if not THE) most talented person on this forum. I am so amazed with EVERYTHING he does. Its like he has some kind of golden mind, golden fingers, golden brain... Shit, 8th time that ive listened to this track! :) :clapping: :posford:

Second only to NHJO :D

BILLY IS NHJO!!! :lol:

No but seriously, this needs to be released!! The intro is fucking brilliant!! Billy, you put a bug in my head with this track!

Holy balls dipped in chocolate! Thanks for the comments guys! Seriously, I wasn't expecting such a positive response. I've gone through so many failed mixes of this track that I wanted to give up. Thank you!

Fuck. :huh:

This is simply beautiful. What a great ride... intricate melodies, complex and (perhaps a little too often) changing rhythms, but filled with an indescribable atmosphere, which could just as well have been outer space as under the ocean. Goddamnit, this is exactly the stuff I like playing in chillouts. Very emotional and moving idmbient this is: pure class man. :)

Imminent favorite!

Are you planning on releasing this, and if so, where? And if not: is there any way I could purchase a .wav file off you? You definitely deserve something in return for this! Really, really nice job dude.

-_- [on repeat!]

[e] Know what I just realized? From around 3:00 there's this tingly melody that reminds me a lot of a Scorb track, which - can't be a coincidence - is called The Aquarium. Very fitting. Dude, I'll say it again, most excellent track you created here!

Thanks so much, Snap. That's really great to hear from you. That melody at 3:00 was actually inspired by a classical piece whose name escapes me, but it's been used in many films. It's used in a Susumu Yokota track called Traveler in Wonderland.

I can definitely arrange a wav for you.

where do I sign up for the billy bong christiansen fan club? :clapping: :posford:

:lol:

Totally Amazing!!!

Thanks, Ormion :)

It has some kind of radio transmission thingy :D Thanks a lot buzzman!

Billy is one of the (if not THE) most talented person on this forum. I am so amazed with EVERYTHING he does. Its like he has some kind of golden mind, golden fingers, golden brain... Shit, 8th time that ive listened to this track! :) :clapping: :posford:

Fool's gold :lol:

Second only to NHJO :D

Shit!!! You found me out. Don't tell him I've been stealing from him :ph34r:

Snap: I am planning on releasing this. In fact, this was the last track to complete the album. I'm new to this so I'm not sure where to go from here. Do I just send a label a CD with my info or something? I'm not even sure what labels to look for. The recommendations I remember are Aleph Zero and Toytronic.

Personally, I think I'd go for a more idm-oriented label, like Toytronic indeed. Maybe try Evan Marc's Native State? They've released similar stuff. Maybe Ant-Zen ? Maybe maybe City Centre Offices?

Hefty Records could be something, but I don't really know the label that well. They are American, so that could be handy.

These are some of the first ones I could think of that fit the style of this track. I think I have heard it at least 8 times yet! :D

[e] sayz Snaap

Snap: I am planning on releasing this. In fact, this was the last track to complete the album. I'm new to this so I'm not sure where to go from here. Do I just send a label a CD with my info or something? I'm not even sure what labels to look for. The recommendations I remember are Aleph Zero and Toytronic.

Do it! Good music deserves to be released! ;)

listening to it with my new headphones

and i must say the intro of this track sent chills up spine :) love it! ^_^

In the beginning when the radio started - i thought this could be some dark fullon track like Rinkadink's pirate signal!!

But this is way bettarhg!!

Goddamnit Billy, i know this has been told many times before but you are a goddamn genious! everything you touch is gold! please start a religion so i can worship you - where do i sign up?

I reall felt like being in an underwater adventure while listening to it! ^_^ - have you ever considered making really down-beat ambient music, i think you could rival Eat static in some aspects.

I've listened to most of your songs, and i feel like i'm being head first plounged into an epic journey each time! ;D

The only thing bothering me was that it felt a bit short after the long intro -

gonna listen to it a few times more. :posford:

Personally, I think I'd go for a more idm-oriented label, like Toytronic indeed. Maybe try Evan Marc's Native State? They've released similar stuff. Maybe Ant-Zen ? Maybe maybe City Centre Offices?

Hefty Records could be something, but I don't really know the label that well. They are American, so that could be handy.

These are some of the first ones I could think of that fit the style of this track. I think I have heard it at least 8 times yet! :D

[e] sayz Snaap

Send to Cocoon, Pokerflat, M-Nus as well. They have contacts with other labels, and if they find something extraordinary, they pass it on. :)

Thanks for the recs, guys!

listening to it with my new headphones

and i must say the intro of this track sent chills up spine :) love it! ^_^

In the beginning when the radio started - i thought this could be some dark fullon track like Rinkadink's pirate signal!!

But this is way bettarhg!!

Goddamnit Billy, i know this has been told many times before but you are a goddamn genious! everything you touch is gold! please start a religion so i can worship you - where do i sign up?

I reall felt like being in an underwater adventure while listening to it! ^_^ - have you ever considered making really down-beat ambient music, i think you could rival Eat static in some aspects.

I've listened to most of your songs, and i feel like i'm being head first plounged into an epic journey each time! ;D

The only thing bothering me was that it felt a bit short after the long intro -

gonna listen to it a few times more. :posford:

You're way too nice, Caff. Thanks so much for the kind words.

Whoa, really rich man. This track was just full to overflowing with goodness. :posford:

Mdk

Wow, thanks T2MU :) Really appreciated!!

Hey very very nice.. what else to say, congratulations this is indeed release quality :) I enjoyed very much your doomsday track as well.

btw what synthesizers do you use?

Thanks Diaks. I use a Korg Triton and Roland JV-1000.

Coolest intro/outro evarrgh.

Yeah. And very visually descriptive as well; I mean, they fit the story perfectly. But I'm even more amazed about the melodies ... classic stuff!

And I agree the melodic part is too short. I want more, damnit!

Coolest intro/outro evarrgh.

:)

Yeah. And very visually descriptive as well; I mean, they fit the story perfectly. But I'm even more amazed about the melodies ... classic stuff!

And I agree the melodic part is too short. I want more, damnit!

Oh man, don't make me revisit this track :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...