Black Rhino

Amygdala

Hi there,

So after years and years, it's finally here. I have the black mate to my White Rhino. The Ebony to my Ivory. Cool. So, I turn it arond, and there is this sticker on the back with track 4 & 5 on the tracklist. A quick trip to Discogs reveals that underneath, the tracklist is misprinted. It also informs me, that there is an edition, where the tracklist is correct.

Naturally I wonder... I am guessing that the misprint is an earlier batch, and hence more "original". I won't love it less if it isn't, I am just getting curious :)

Does anyone know?

- A

I already listened to psy when it was released and I dont remember of anyone mentioning 2 batches.

I see no sticker on a friend's copy either. However my own Black Rhino is a promo (pressed, not burnt) but without a box, so it's obviously an early one but I can't check.

Please, what exactly is the tracklist on yours, with the sticker ? And please also provide the [mm:ss] of these tracks, so we can see if there were actually one or 2 pressings.

Hi there,

So after years and years, it's finally here. I have the black mate to my White Rhino. The Ebony to my Ivory. Cool. So, I turn it arond, and there is this sticker on the back with track 4 & 5 on the tracklist. A quick trip to Discogs reveals that underneath, the tracklist is misprinted. It also informs me, that there is an edition, where the tracklist is correct.

Naturally I wonder... I am guessing that the misprint is an earlier batch, and hence more "original". I won't love it less if it isn't, I am just getting curious :)

Does anyone know?

- A

The first run of printed copies had a misprinted tracklist, so the retail copies were printed with an incorrect tracklist.

The second, and all the subsequent prints, were issued with a sticker on the back cover in order to correct the wrong of the original first print.

So, if you have a sticker on the back cover, your copy is not one of those which belongs to the first, original run of copies.

Kind of like if you have a jewel case copy of The Delta's "Scizoeffective". Not that it's not authentic, it just isn't part of the original, digipak run...

P.S.: I've never come across a copy of V/A Black Rhino where the tracklist is correct.

My copy does not have a sticker... And it has the correct tracklist. :rolleyes:

Like this:

Posted Image

I think that's what mine looks like. Was wondering what the mistake on the tracklist was.