time for a changee

technosomy

time for something different

what tracks are back rockin your socks

rediscovering those tracks that have inspired you in the past but you no longer listen to as they are burnt out for all the wrong reasons???

or just get lost in that dusty old collection that you can't find a track to inspire you at the time, and you just wan't something new?

tonight for me its V.T.O.L

one of the first tracks to ever really cement, my psy trance passion for melody and acid

at the peak of genre.

and something just stumbled accross is

phi - ganja of it all

have had the album for years but just never listened to it

amazing japanese style from 2 masters of the art

what is doing it for you right now?

I played Tristan's Audiodrome for the first time in years the other night and it sounded pretty ace. Not quite ace enough to inspire me to play another trance album immediately afterwards but, still, I was pleasantly surprised and maybe I'll start playing trance more than once or twice a week as I have been these past few months.

I played Tristan's Audiodrome for the first time in years the other night and it sounded pretty ace. Not quite ace enough to inspire me to play another trance album immediately afterwards but, still, I was pleasantly surprised and maybe I'll start playing trance more than once or twice a week as I have been these past few months.

well thats great for you charles maybe another wind coming on

another right now is down at tbe crossroad - cosmosis, what can you say the guy is a genious.

could be any cosmosis track but its this one.

tonight for me its V.T.O.L

one of the first tracks to ever really cement, my psy trance passion for melody and acid

at the peak of genre.

Ohh yeah I have good memories... Remembering the wet dark mornings waiting for my commuter train listening to this one and also Lepton Head (Deedrah rmx) evoke the same memories... I think they were on the same comp... Suntrip 3 I think... Nice one dude!

for me it's total Eclipse stuff in general. The music grew old not so nicely.

I was a huge fan, I lived in the same city as them, and attended to all their parties back in 96-97-98, but now I never play their cds anymore.

and something just stumbled accross is

phi - ganja of it all

have had the album for years but just never listened to it

amazing japanese style from 2 masters of the art

Afrobad is by far my favorite Phi track. The albums several years old now and that one still manages to find its way into most of my DJ sets.

Today The Delta's second album got thrown on for the first time in ages. That is some serious quality stuff there I say.

I was a huge fan, I lived in the same city as them, and attended to all their parties back in 96-97-98, but now I never play their cds anymore.

Really? For me, Delta Aquarids is one of the truly timeless Goa trance albums... it never gets old for me.

i kind of agree, vilolent relaxation was the first actual psy album i physically bought, and i can remember everything about that day what i wore, who i was with, the putting the headphones on and playing "virtual terminal energised" for the first time.

thats great mars you have a real connection with these guys would have loved to see them just once in the hey day.

they havn't aged gracefully but i think i may drag them out again and relive that day just one more time.

Afrobad is by far my favorite Phi track. The albums several years old now and that one still manages to find its way into most of my DJ sets.

Today The Delta's second album got thrown on for the first time in ages. That is some serious quality stuff there I say.

fantastic glad they are in your sets my favorite japanese group ever just behind uni of course. who i would love to see live, any news of a new album anytime soon from uni??

just behind uni of course. who i would love to see live, any news of a new album anytime soon from uni??

Last I talked to them they said that the live album was kind of a closing of that chapter of Uni's history and that they would be working on reinventing themselves to some degree. I seem to recall some comments about being in the studio not so long ago on Osho's Mixi account, but when a new release will be ready I'm not sure.

Might have mentioned this somewhere else on the site

Listening to two various albums at the moment

Greetings from Goa (Paradise of Psychedelic Trance)

Tracks that stand out

Disk 1

Cosmosis - Key to Innerverse

EPD - Spiritual Hallucination

Inscape - Atlantis

Disk 2

Kailash - Higher

MFG - To Eternity

Miranda - Concorde

Prana - Alien Pets

Mushroom Vol 1 - Particularly

Nooshpere 23rd Chromosome

Others that I have recently been listening to on MP3

Astral Projection

Utopia

Kabalah

Enlightened Evolution

Encens (Dara Lee, Miranda + another person I can never remember)

Spiritual Transgression

This last track is an all time classic for me. Have it one DAT but alas my DAT machines packed up a few years back, and am no longer sure the tapes even play anymore. Actually have about 50-60 DAT cassettes from mid 90's with some truly inspiring GOA stuff that I cannot get my hands on :drama:

Nice Thread BTW

Total Eclipse - Free Lemonade (another blinder of a track)

Saw them live at a Space Hopper Party in Birmingham in 96. Was helping prep the venue while they were doing their sound check. I think someone mentioned that I particularly liked this number cause as I was crossing the dance floor suddenly they switched to that one. Just stopped my in my tracks and dropped everything and started raging my nut. I think they liked the feedback too :posford:

I sooo have to listen to that again now that you brought it up. It's been a while. Thanks! :D

i kind of agree, vilolent relaxation was the first actual psy album i physically bought, and i can remember everything about that day what i wore, who i was with, the putting the headphones on and playing "virtual terminal energised" for the first time.

thats great mars you have a real connection with these guys would have loved to see them just once in the hey day.

they havn't aged gracefully but i think i may drag them out again and relive that day just one more time.

Yeah I agree that really early Total Eclipse has not aged especially well, but I can still get off on a few of their tracks. And Violent Relaxation is such a great double album, still highly listenable.

I haven't been listening to anything old recently, but now I'm in the mood. I'll report back. :D

I like a lot aspects of violent relaxation... They chill tracks are really awesome still.... except when they use those horrible guitar riffs... they seems so totally out of place! So from being awesome tracks they become somewhat partially awesome :unsure:

DJ Domino-first mix cd on equinox recs from Japam. Has some nice unreleased on it (I think a Mamal track) plus all the tasty oldies such as GMS and Jaia. Anybody in Japan seen her recently ?Is she still a top class dj with that melodic old school sound ? Fuck she blew me away a few times........................ anyway. yep VTOL and the whole cd is good shit too for sure....

nice thread...

I really can't stop listening to afgin, each time I use my mp3 player I can choose many other tracks/styles/genres,

but afgin always comes up (considering I'm in the mood for listening to goa/psy...)

Artha keeps coming back but a bit to much acid minded, I prefer the subtle floating, always have

not saying it's bad goatrance off course

nice thread...

I really can't stop listening to afgin, each time I use my mp3 player I can choose many other tracks/styles/genres,

but afgin always comes up (considering I'm in the mood for listening to goa/psy...)

Artha keeps coming back but a bit to much acid minded, I prefer the subtle floating, always have

not saying it's bad goatrance off course

indeed he is a very talented man who hasn't been afraid of throwing his cap in to the oldschool ring and now its been upgraded to a top hat with spots on suntrip etc.

would love to hear a sole release by him someday

just listened to the whole of v.r and standout at the moment seems to be teknophobia and diamond ring affect don't feel to have aged much at all and still smell fresh, but alas some of the others havn't been so lucky

oooooh listened to afrobad at work today, that is one bad motherfucker, must be awsome on the dance floor?

I like a lot aspects of violent relaxation... They chill tracks are really awesome still.... except when they use those horrible guitar riffs... they seems so totally out of place! So from being awesome tracks they become somewhat partially awesome :unsure:

I like the guitar riffs! :lol: They're very similar to Juno Reactor's 10,000 Miles. They're geeky-fake, like on Delta's As a Child...

• 2 weeks later...

found another i had nearly forgotten about

cobra - no need to say who composed it

wow a true masterpiece way ahead of its time, i must really pay more attention these days to the tracks that truly inspired me to this genre

legends always