FROMEM ORY

9. Shadow Run

FITALIC

Samples:

Psyshop

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ppn/ppn1cd003.html

Saiko Sounds

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=7058

I saw this gem first in the labels/anouncements category. It deserves more attention, and thats why Im shedding a bit more light on it. Plus some people were complaining about not having enough releases in the 2008 reviews section. Well this isnt a review. The music speaks for itself. Listen to the samples to make up your own mind. Lots and lots of atmospheres, which I love in mostly every type of electronic music. And when those atmospheres float along ever so gently with melodies it creates a magical experience. That is what I feel with the refreshment of this release. About Time is a perfect name for this because it is about time a sound like this was released. Amazing work from all of the artists IMO. Its worth a mention and a listen B)

EDIT:

Yes I am contradicting myself by typing this review, but if its the proper way to do it, then so be it.

1. Prosect-A Dream on our way to death BPM 118

The first thing that I feel when this track starts is that Im in the forest surrounded by nature and dancing with elves. A slower bouncy beat with insect sounds. This is the track that I could invision being at an outdoor festival and hear. The only downside is that it lasts a bit to long for my taste. This track could have had the same effect if they used 8 minutes,(IMO) but its over 10.

2. Telapathik-Silent Soud BPM 142

A rather epic melodic start. And then a fat deep bass line drops which I love. Crunchy machine sounds come next with some groove and a hint of atmosphere in the back drop. And then a build up that puts the whole track in perspective. This is like an old school trance build up. At the end a trancy streched out melody comes through accompanied by a catchier twist. Possibly my favorite track on the album.

3. Sinewave-Retroplex BPM 145

This track starts right of the bat with great potential. Lets see where it goes. It takes a bit to get going and then some basic psy sounds come in. A small break. Now a bit more progression. And then chanting from a tribal man. Wow was I wrong about this track!! More chanting. And then a rather strange break down with some ambient and accoustic guitar sounds. Next come zippier sounds, then faster guitar riffs. A good comeback, but then it really goes nowhere in my opinion. Solid track but besides for the middle not a favorite of mine.

4. Decibel-Possess The Origin BPM 143

Sounds like a track you have to move with because the beat is tight and bangin. Some swishing sound that come in and out and across come some crisp zangs, streaks and other combinations of refreshing sounds. Male chanting comes in and repeats itself as it fades out."Its when there comes here" followed by a rhythm and spiritual like atmosphere. A less suttle build up again towards the end and then it takes off full power again when you least expected it to. Great production and a superb track imo.

5. Sinewave-Solar Plexus BPM 142

This track is rather boring imo and sounds very generic, some iteresting moments but not enough to make it unique or stand out in any way. Next!

6. Beatnik-Kazoodle Beach BPM145

Some very funky sounds blended with an array of tribal and simple sounds. Ethnic sounds sum this one up pretty good for me. Not a real stand out track for me but thats not because its bad, its just not my taste or style.

7. BlueMD-Dessus Galaxy. BPM 141

Great powerful start once again, this time followed By a bit of break beats, then this track starts to feel like Im floating with the female chanting vocals in the background. A bitt on the chill side with style though. Some talking about journies, and galaxies and different places come in and I didnt really catch what it really said. To sum it up, I would say that this could be a nice ending for a party with a smile. :)

8. Fromem Ory-Altitude BPM 139

Im already digging this sound. I was interested to hear this one as in the past I have liked this guys stuff. Melodic with Chopped up edgy sounds and in the middle of the track I feel like a zombie just lost in the sound, its a bit hypnotizing for a bit which I really enjoy. A spacey and harmonic track with makes me feel great. I feel as I can breathe more clearly when listening to this. Hypnotized=breathing?

Another favorite!!

9. Fitalic-Shadow Run BPM 129

Not thats its of any importance in relevance to this review, I has personally met and talked to this guy and he seems like a very chill person. And thats exactly how this track makes me feel, relaxed.

A down tempo track that feels slower than the first track but is actually not. This is a very warm and dreamy track. This would be great to hear if I were lying on the clouds. OUTSTANDING ending to a great compilation.

FAVORITES, 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9.

Sorry for not giving the standard review with numbered, or letter grades, and broken down track by track. I didnt feel like doing it that way. I introduced the comp to this section and summed up my opinion on it. Isnt that the definition of a review? Like I said the music speaks for iteslf. Listen to the samples, then leave your opinion. ;)

Sorry for not giving the standard review with numbered, or letter grades, and broken down track by track. I didnt feel like doing it that way. I introduced the comp to this section and summed up my opinion on it. Isnt that the definition of a review? Like I said the music speaks for iteslf. Listen to the samples, then leave your opinion. ;)

You have to realize 'Reviews' are not for you and me but for people who visit this site seeking them to purchase good music. Keeping them in mind one must write reviews and not just "get this .. good music" . Awareness is good but a little indepth analysis of good music is always better. :)

This compilation are really awesome, especially the Fromem Ory track (love that dude's music <3) and the Ignition RMX of Sinewave's Solar Plexus (nr: 8 & 5).. Now if my english grammar skills just were a bit higher in levels, I would for sure write a full review, but im gonna leave that to Pandemonium ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just trying to bring this review back up to the top before is dissapears onto another page of psyreviews. Everyone was bitching and moaning about me not doing a proper review, and then I spend my precious time doing one and no praise. I want some props dammit. :lol::) :wank: :rolleyes::P

• 3 weeks later...

Only just noticed this! Thanks for the review Pandemonium and for the nice comments from everyone else. Glad people are digging the comp just as much as Fresh and myself did while putting it together :)

Would you mind me cross posting the review on other forums Pandemonium?

Jon :)

Only just noticed this! Thanks for the review Pandemonium and for the nice comments from everyone else. Glad people are digging the comp just as much as Fresh and myself did while putting it together :)

Would you mind me cross posting the review on other forums Pandemonium?

Jon :)

Yes, feel free to use it where ever needed :)

• 6 years later...