somnia 002: evan bartholomew 'secret entries into darkness

Label: Somnia

Artist : Evan Bartholomew (aka Bluetech)

Format: Renewed paper?! And soy ink? Sure, just let the music be good and I can stand anything.

Posted Image

Tracklisting:

1.Secret entries into darkness

2.Cracks in the fabric of the known

3.Soft spots in the tyranny of matter

4.Where forgotten days slumber

5.And ancient hurts dwell

6.Light reflecting black in shadow

Hail all Evan fans! If you enjoyed the first Somnia release here comes the second, I've been listening to samples on the homepage and it sounds very

promising, quite different from Caverns Of Time.

Evan bartholomew brings another example of sonic storytelling to somnia, moving from atmospheric float into pulsing minimal electroid rhythms.

Fractaline analog grooves and micro beat construction establish a hypnotic base for a composed layer of ambient exploration to unfold. presenting a

balance of analog moduler synth elements and complex dsp processing, 'secret entries into darkness' further's somnia's approach to cinematic modern music.

777 copies worldwide. soy ink on recycled paper, sewn, sealed in wax, signed and numbered.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered this! & another from that site Chris Thomson - The Three Elements, no idea what that is but it seemed like a good idea at the time. We shall see soon I suppose :P

About Secret into darkness I can say it's very good indeed, but It's not really as good as Caverns of time, that's my initial feeling about it, it's very dark. The Thomson release I listened to samples some time ago and didn't quite find it that good, but you can give me a second opinion later maybe :)

About Secret into darkness I can say it's very good indeed, but It's not really as good as Caverns of time, that's my initial feeling about it, it's very dark. The Thomson release I listened to samples some time ago and didn't quite find it that good, but you can give me a second opinion later maybe :)

If I ever listened to samples of ambient, I'd never buy anything :lol:

How many times have you listened to secret entries into darkness?

If I ever listened to samples of ambient, I'd never buy anything :lol:

How many times have you listened to secret entries into darkness?

Just listened to it for the third time and I like it more this time, it's getting better and better ! :posford:

Just listened to it for the third time and I like it more this time, it's getting better and better ! :posford:

Growers often turn out to be the best. Most of my favourite albums I've initially not really liked. Even Caverns I found dull on my first listen. How wrong casual first listens can be :ph34r:

Never thought you were into ambient :blink:

check this out

Never thought you were into ambient :blink:

well... :) I love ambient as much as goa trance... And it became more important last years for me as I have the intense obsession to have NEW good music all the time, and if I can't find it within the uptempo music, I end up for sure in the downtempo music! :)

Also, it's no coïncedence the second cd of Opus Iridium is ambient you know :P it were not random picked tracks we had "accidentally" :)

And as Abasio said... there are some ambient mixes of me floating around as well, I play it often on parties AND the 7th of March I will organise an ambient/downtempo ONLY party for the release of Opus Iridium :D

And the samples of this album were very nice... I wanted to order on saiko, but it was out of stock already so I bought 2 ones here :)

:(

im sad.

I Dont have a credit card so i cant order this one.

I Am offering some cd's in mint condition to anyone who can buy this for me

and send it to me,that way i can get the new evan collecters item's album and

someone will get one album from me in mint condition.

if you can please help me out here,please drop my a line via PM.

bom:)

check this out

well... :) I love ambient as much as goa trance... And it became more important last years for me as I have the intense obsession to have NEW good music all the time, and if I can't find it within the uptempo music, I end up for sure in the downtempo music! :)

Also, it's no coïncedence the second cd of Opus Iridium is ambient you know :P it were not random picked tracks we had "accidentally" :)

And as Abasio said... there are some ambient mixes of me floating around as well, I play it often on parties AND the 7th of March I will organise an ambient/downtempo ONLY party for the release of Opus Iridium :D

And the samples of this album were very nice... I wanted to order on saiko, but it was out of stock already so I bought 2 ones here :)

Cool <_<