MIDI is starting to bug me!

I mentioned it before...about renoise and my prophet 5, well, now, it seems renoise is buggin out completely with the P5, so I loaded up MIDI-OX and did some tests, and the same thing happened, my midi bugged out. Then, I went to test using midi virtual keyboard and everything was fine, no buggin out. I really don't know what it is, but I'm beginning to think I have a really GAY usb-midi interface and need something new. Anybody have any recommendations? I know I have the lamest piece of junk on the planet, the uno er something, I think that's what it is called. Hell, I just ordered a kenton pro-2000 so I can have my cv based synths midi'd up so I can start making some real songs ninjas! But...I need this midi problem solutionfied! :) Not a word, I know, but...please help, anybody who uses physical gear and extensive midi setups!

I've tried straight out to the computer and not connected to the patch bay, it's just not helping! I've tampered with the buffer this and buffer that, and now I'm just going to plead STUPID! I'm stupid, so what? :(

HELP!

I need MIDI ninjas!

-d

Midi ninjas here!

:lol: Hard to diagnose online, but from what you describe it doesn't sound like your midi input

- is it the Midisport Uno? If you are getting the midi in then it is the setting on your software sequencer.

This can be trickier then first you might think. Changing anything can through this off...

I would suggest checking with another software program to see if it works.

Reset the settings - that is undo and then redo the MIDI in port in the software.

I am unfamiliar with your software setup so I can't help other then that.

MOTU. The only midi card that I have gotten 100% results from ever! The timepiece that I had before does not exist anymore, but check out: http://www.motu.com/products/midi/xpressxt_usb/ and then also their other products. If you have that much synths that you have, its worth checking out. I dont know how Renoise midi has been set up either, so, well :(

Midi ninjas here!

- is it the Midisport Uno?

My software is simple! Straight renoise sequencing. And I've adjusted everything. And you did bring up the Uno, YES, IT'S THAT GAY PIECE OF CRAP! I'm ready to take a shit on it and then put it thru the paper shredder than after that, I'm going to urinate all over it, and shortly thereafter, fry it in a pan, and then, go to my neighbors and use a microwave and put it on high for 10 minutes, then....after that, run over it with the car, then....after THAT, go to my local nuclear plant and drop it in the waste and let it adhere to waste before it gets shipped off to wherever that place is to be placed into the mountain for future generations to never find it and for them to all become nuclear radioactive humans with UNOs growing out of their asses all because of my bad midi luck.

And yes, I asked for midi ninjas expecting the needle ninja to show, bwahaha :)

It does work with other sequencers, but not so well. I really do think I'm just not having any sort of good luck with that uno. It was a cheap fix one day many moons ago when I needed my computer to play with my rack mount gear when it was all I had.

Ah shit, I need to do some things. I just wanted to pop in...and complain some more about the horrible nightmare MIDI can be. I would enjoy to have people release some firewire upgrades to all vintage gear! and then have it become the standard and I'll be happy..or something similar. :)

-d

I used to have a MOTU Midi interface years ago, but it didn't work so I replaced it with a Midiman one (before they called themselves M-Audio) a few days later.

Now I use the MIDI interface on my MOTU Ultralite. It all goes around eventually ;)

One of my ex-collegues was in the Belgian MOTU demo team.

He converted me like a preacher converted tribes in africa.

He had plenty of time and was a walking promotiontool.

I do not completely remember why though, but in my mind is this conviction it is the best product and i want to buy it.

i feel brainwashed <_<

My software is simple! Straight renoise sequencing. And I've adjusted everything. And you did bring up the Uno, YES, IT'S THAT GAY PIECE OF CRAP! I'm ready to take a shit on it and then put it thru the paper shredder than after that, I'm going to urinate all over it, and shortly thereafter, fry it in a pan, and then, go to my neighbors and use a microwave and put it on high for 10 minutes, then....after that, run over it with the car, then....after THAT, go to my local nuclear plant and drop it in the waste and let it adhere to waste before it gets shipped off to wherever that place is to be placed into the mountain for future generations to never find it and for them to all become nuclear radioactive humans with UNOs growing out of their asses all because of my bad midi luck.

And yes, I asked for midi ninjas expecting the needle ninja to show, bwahaha :)

It does work with other sequencers, but not so well. I really do think I'm just not having any sort of good luck with that uno. It was a cheap fix one day many moons ago when I needed my computer to play with my rack mount gear when it was all I had.

Ah shit, I need to do some things. I just wanted to pop in...and complain some more about the horrible nightmare MIDI can be. I would enjoy to have people release some firewire upgrades to all vintage gear! and then have it become the standard and I'll be happy..or something similar. :)

-d

well yes :clapping: