Good Techno?

drekmajster

I really(like REALLY) like some (industrial?)techno and psytech but I can't find any. I'm looking for stuff that is harder than most minimal techno but still minimal and very detailed. Examples include: Everything from G+ and Archae & Grovskopa(so yeah It's really not much :rolleyes: )

Thanks.

Hard and minimal? Hmh...

Surgeon & Regis AKA British Murder Boys (their solo work might do as well)

The works of Pascal F.E.O.S. from that era when his "The essence of minimalistic sound" came out

Speedy J is abso-fucking-lutely necessary here: check out "A shocking hobby" and "Loudboxer"

I'm not sure what they've been up to lately, but Oscar Mullero and Christian Wuensch might have some 12" you could get into... (Gosh, just the thought of Wuensch's 2002 dance floor incinerator Master Avalanche gives me the goosebumps :) )

I always mention it 'cause I like it a lot, but a good album that is probably in your style is Brother's Yard- Reaction (1999) (PV), and I guess it wouldn't do you any harm to check out some other releases from that amazing techno label!

Check out Petar Dundov's quintissential 2003 "Kaskades EP" and/or "Waking up the ancestors EP" from the previous year.

Keep in mind that Music Man Records has more or less covered all aspects of techno music, and the deeper you dig, the more goodies you could find :)

Tresor Records might be a lil' too banging and harsh for what you want, but still... It is, after all, Tresor!!!

Try out Mark Broom's album "Angie is a shoplifter", although I'd recommend seeing him live rather than listening to his releases at home. He has one too many 12" to remember, and I cannot guarantee the quality of 'em all, but chose randomly and you might pick a winner.

I know that during the last 2-3 years an entire legion of Swedish DJs and producers went the minimal direction, but still left enough of that hard, relentless energy to make it recognisible swedish techno. Give it a try, I know it took the dance floors by storm down here.

Last but not least, your criteria made me remember the very unfortunate and underrated producer/DJ, Frank Biazzi. Most of his releases should just perfectly suit you, if that is what you asked for, and if my understanding stands right. And hell, if Turbulence did not make the local party crowd in your city jump all over the walls, you missed out on A LOT!

I guess you already know the psytech/techtrance names so I'll just skip those... else the search button is your friend :)

Industrial techno which comes to mind:

- Karl O'Connor & Peter Sutton - Againstnature

- Porter Ricks vs. Techno Animal - Symbiotics

more Industrial than techno:

- Moctan - Suspect

- Sonar - Alien Overdrive

- Asche

- Genetic Selection - Orbital Ground Attack

I don't know many actually, it's only good in small doses imo