Wikipedia Psynews page

mars

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to do with post count. I took the earlier posts I could find I checked who was already participating then. Many many more could be quoted.

How come i'm not mentioned then! I have posts in the very last page of off-topic! :lol:

No j/k!

That was a very nice read Mars! It brings back memories even if i was far from all the psynews meetings and parties it feels quite nostalgic! Thanks for reminding us all these! And thanks for your effords in psynews all these years bro!

:)

• 4 weeks later...

All rght, I need someone to help me: I spent 2 hours posting this article in the Wikipedia with all the formating, etc.

While I was uploading the photos, the article was marked for speedy deletion, and one minute later it was wiped out.

Can someone explain me or help me adding the article online ? I have the whole formetted article at disposal.

I got the answer from a Wikipedia admin: Psynews is some kind of media, and it's not "notable" enough to appear on wikipedia (or any blog could be you see). Let me quote the guy :

A common misconception about Wikipedia articles is that all that's required is that something exist. In fact, the subject of a Wikipedia article must be notable. I believe the article in question was deleted because it did not assert notability -- the link is to the Wikipedia policy that defines this term as it's used here -- and did not provide verifiable references. In other words, what was needed was independent third-party sources, such as articles in magazines, newspapers, and reputable Web news sources (not blogs or forums, and not material generated by Psynews itself) that state that the site is notable -- and those third-party sources must be available to other Wikipedia editors who want to check on them, so there has to be enough information in the article to find them.

SO if you guys have some relevant material to make psynews a "notable" website, then please provide it. I have some interview we did with some Canadian newspaper, and the Psychedelic sparks compilation. If you have other sources, PLEASE report them to me !!!

I got the answer from a Wikipedia admin: Psynews is some kind of media, and it's not "notable" enough to appear on wikipedia (or any blog could be you see). Let me quote the guy :

A common misconception about Wikipedia articles is that all that's required is that something exist. In fact, the subject of a Wikipedia article must be notable. I believe the article in question was deleted because it did not assert notability -- the link is to the Wikipedia policy that defines this term as it's used here -- and did not provide verifiable references. In other words, what was needed was independent third-party sources, such as articles in magazines, newspapers, and reputable Web news sources (not blogs or forums, and not material generated by Psynews itself) that state that the site is notable -- and those third-party sources must be available to other Wikipedia editors who want to check on them, so there has to be enough information in the article to find them.

SO if you guys have some relevant material to make psynews a "notable" website, then please provide it. I have some interview we did with some Canadian newspaper, and the Psychedelic sparks compilation. If you have other sources, PLEASE report them to me !!!

Whaaaattt?! You go email that bastard and ask him how the f*** can a website such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2girls1cup this exist, and a community forum like psynews, where uve even got some psy artists that are active in the scene and post on psynews is just "not good enough" for wiki?? <_<

Sorry to go against the grain here, but I'm not sure that our corner of the web necessarily warrants such a long article on Wikipedia. When this thread started I considered posting that I expected that a long article about a special interest website like this would get deleted or butchered, but then I checked Wiki and found that several other websites (like YTMND for example) did have huge pages, though I expect that all the websites I checked have larger traffic than psynews. Perhaps you could instead leave the article you have written in the forum files, submit a short article about psynews, and post a link at the bottom to the full history?