Oriental.

lolbob

Thank you, heard the songs there and im liking it, though I would like a little bit slower songs.. Around 105-115 BPM.

lolbob.

Hehe thats a bit slower indeed, there is an underground goa artist that calls him self: redstorm he makes slow goa around 110 bpm and slower

something like Klopfgeister - Smoke a bagpipe.

That's difficult as I don't know any song similar to this one. It was quite an original try from Klopfgeister to use a bagpipe as an instrument for one of their tracks ... I don't know of any other artist who did that too...

Banco De Gaia used a similar instrument (not precisely a bagpipe, but something where you have a kind of bellow with which you mechanically put air into the bagpipe and don't use your lungs) on his song "Drunk As A Monk" ... that song sounds completely different (also the bagpipe) though and has not a real oriental feel to it (despite being good)...

Guest The Journey Man Project

if you like the bagpipe sound, thoguh it is a bit fast and cheesey... Shiva Shidapu - Power of Celtic

Maybe

Think of the bladder as being full of charis smoke and they are sucking rather than blowing? :lol:

Love your sig Abasio :)

Jim

I've actually heard bagpipes played really well but those times have been few and far between, like the sitar :lol:

Here is a sample from a track which also has a nice oriental melody :

P. Cok - Defish

Hope it helps ^_^

sounds quite nice B)

you got more?

To begin with, welcome to Psynews ! :)

I'm listening now to the track from Klopfgeister... It's a nice track, I like it !

Here is a sample from a track which also has a nice oriental melody :

P. Cok - Defish

Hope it helps ^_^

That does have a nice oriental melody! Thanks for sharing, anyone got some more?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, im new to this forum but im allready liking it :posford:

I would like a few suggestions on oriental goa, something like Klopfgeister - Smoke a bagpipe.

Thanks in advance, lolbob.

pay me some beers and i do another oriental -style track,haha:-)

but when i made this "smoke a bagpipe song i never thought that the style could be called "oriental"..i used the bagpipe sounds from the band "wolfenmond" a german medieval gothic folk rock band who lives in my hometown..

hier u find the original sample:-)

http://www.wolfenmond.de/Audio/Neidhart.mp3

we tried to record the bagpipe in our studio but it was ttooooo loud that our ears started to scream:-)

so i just picked up 8 meas from the mp3 track from their website and built the rest of the track around those bagpipe sample..

its very interesting that everybody sees this as oriental:-)

Heheh some times it can be difficult to tell the difference I guess :P

I didn't hear the original track which this tread was posted about... But it is funny how the old/medieval Nordic folk music has those middle eastern "scales" or sound at least.. I have noticed that in some of the old Danish folk music (I have heard) as well.. I have some friends (medieval "freaks") who play it (and sings), it sounds very foreign some how and yet not... :unsure: