Infected Mushroom sound-alikes

Basilisk

When Mushroom Fever hit in Y2K no party was safe. In the years that have passed since Converting Vegetarians converted most psytrance fans away from the group, there have been countless imitators. After hearing the Principles of Flight album today I thought to wonder about all the amateur artists that have taken Infected Mushroom as their prime inspiration, as evidenced by that distinctive combination of Gothic/classical melodies and tricky filtered rhythms... can you name a few?

A list off the top of my head: early Rastaliens, SynSun (1st album), Talpa, The Misted Muppet, Planum, Bubble, Nystagmus, Principles of Flight... anyone else?

Or perhaps you disagree with some of the artists I have identified? Well, let's hear it :)

Maybe the Sun Spot album by Dark Soho? It's been some time since I've last heard it but at least the Gothic Prayer (or was it Symphony?!) track sounds kinda similar.

And about Bubble: I can't see the similar to IM too much imho. At least not to the Classical Mushroom album. The do use some instrument but it's still kinda different. I'm speaking about the first album btw, haven't heard Sound Of Silence yet.

Anyway, I appreciate this wave of IM wanna-bes, considering on how many albums in this style are around (especially considering that the releases spread over several years) it's not too much yet. And every artist also adds a bit of his own style, Nystagmus with the samples, Principles Of Flight with their whole album concept and so on.

Maybe the Sun Spot album by Dark Soho? It's been some time since I've last heard it but at least the Gothic Prayer (or was it Symphony?!) track sounds kinda similar.

And about Bubble: I can't see the similar to IM too much imho. At least not to the Classical Mushroom album. The do use some instrument but it's still kinda different. I'm speaking about the first album btw, haven't heard Sound Of Silence yet.

Anyway, I appreciate this wave of IM wanna-bes, considering on how many albums in this style are around (especially considering that the releases spread over several years) it's not too much yet. And every artist also adds a bit of his own style, Nystagmus with the samples, Principles Of Flight with their whole album concept and so on.

indeed within bubble I recognize the has also some IM influences but less comparing to artist named here, the first album more then the second imo

@threadstarter

to be honest : the track IM - symphonatix is it called I think I very unique so better lower down you expectations,

you will find the concept back like IM but no tracks like that one imo...

Everyone is influenced by someone....I don`t mind sound-a-likes so long as the music is good...

I love Rastaliens and don`t care if they sound like anyone else or not.....

IM are the first thing a lot of trancers heard first as its what i call `easy listening` so, of course its easy to mimic....

besides, if it fills the dancefloor, what does it matter... :rolleyes:

Eskimo sounds like Astrix...Fills dancefloors tho... :P

(off topic-ish.....Trivium sound like Metallica should sound!!!)