What type of Psy dont you get?

NEMO.BOFH

Of course I agree.

What I really want to say is that music knowledge/skills doesn't mean exclusively melodies.

Don't get me wrong I love melodies! I must be the biggest melody lover in the world but I believe that someone may have music knowledge without writing melodies. Maybe many of these artists CAN write great melodies but they just don't feel the need to it.

For example: many of the ''crazy'' artists produce ambient music also. In their ambient tracks they use melodies and a more old school trance style.

Check out Psyfactor's dance tracks and his ambient tracks. The ambient ones have melodies and are closer to Goa (ambient Goa) than ''dark madness''.

Why is he doing that?

Well maybe because he doesn't WANT to right melodic style DANCE tracks. But that doesn't mean he hasn't the knowledge to do that.

It's like painters. Picasso could paint very realistic, natural drwaings. Instead of that he decided to draw these crazy, almost kiddy looking drawings. He did it because he wanted that, not because it was the only style he could paint.

So. maybe KinDzaDza for example produces this kind of Psy because he wants that and not because he can't write something else.  :)

647800[/snapback]

So after reading all these posts, that start to be a bit personal and flaming, I come to ONE conclusion, and that is what this topic was about.

Some GET it, and some DONT. Your personal taste apart, you can not judge if a musician is good, just because you dont like it, or dont understand it. Some people will say that Eat Static as as unmusical as it can get, and I will totally disagree, some will however agree with this.

Dont let personal taste judge artists talent... I might not like Filterias music, I might think that its weird, and undanceable, but that does NOT give me the right to say that he is untallented. (Sorry Jannis for using you as an example, I know you will take it the good way, and I find you extremely tallented!).

So, personal taste apart, you have to understand, that some people just DONT understand your taste. I dont understand Fusion Jazz, but I dont go screaming that they are untallented people that create Random noises. Randomness is just as hard to create as anything else....

Sorry, but I feel it went a bit out of hand here... :(

EDIT: Same goes for other artforms, I dont understand Picasso at all. I think its hideous art. I can not judge if he was tallentless though!

647817[/snapback]

Very well said..

Also to mention something, Derango has made different tracks before as PURO) as well.. (And used to be in an Alternative Rock band too..)

I don't like Kindzadza,Psyfactor & some of the rest that much, but indeed before saying they don't have music knowledge, check Psyfactor - Endless .. Blissful melodic spacey psychedelic ambient..

Or even better.. Check Electrypnose - Subliminal Melancholies.. ;)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u forgot to write "IMO" ;)

648297[/snapback]

True, of course everything above is only my opinion... Electrypnose - Subliminal Melancholies is a great IDM/Downtempo/Ambient/Chill album showing great skills , and Psyfactor - Endless Universe very nice ambient.. So personally I believe such artists have talent in music making.

True, of course everything above is only my opinion... Electrypnose - Subliminal Melancholies is a great IDM/Downtempo/Ambient/Chill album showing great skills , and Psyfactor - Endless Universe very nice ambient.. So personally I believe such artists have talent in music making.

648428[/snapback]

I really liked those two albums aswell so in my opinion they have sKillz! :D