Do you especially support acts from your country?

Tatsu

I mean like buying an album of a local act even when it's not extra-hyper hot but only average? I try to support Swiss acts with buying CDs, even when I think the sound is ok but nothing too special. I mean there are very good Swiss acts (like FreakuliZer, Blue Vortex, Schädelleuchten) but I also appreciate the "regular" stuff (like the average comp by DJ Müstik or full-on like Rumble Pack) that gets released and try to buy it when I can. Sure, it's easy for me since Switzerland is rather small and doesn't have that many acts that get official releases. If you're from Germany for example buying all the stuff that gets released, would be nearly impossible... :P

So, do you especially care for you national acts or not?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germany has some of the best progressive Acts, like...Smphonix, neelix, Shiva Chandra/Auricular, Magnetrixx, Haldolium. I do buy a lot of those CDs. for more unknown and average stuff...hmmm...Not because they are German, no. There is too much high quality Music to focus on the average.

Germany has some of the best progressive Acts, like...Smphonix, neelix, Shiva Chandra/Auricular, Magnetrixx, Haldolium. I do buy a lot of those CDs. for more unknown and average stuff...hmmm...Not because they are German, no. There is too much high quality Music to focus on the average.

644670[/snapback]

what, shiva chandra is progressive, i have fine psychedelic trance from them, i have a cd "rainbow culture" and there is a track called "Aqua" which is goaish, i know a spirit zone album by them which is psychedelic and sound as they would be from somewhere in Asia but not Germany but as you say they went progressive now, god bless them.

are Rumble Pack and Blue Vortex the same act with a different name?

644671[/snapback]

Yes, it's the same act under a different name. I don't know if they've chanced it becuase of legal issues (tracks for another label) or because they changed their style also.

Shiva Chandra has been progressive since back in the days when progressive was called minimal.  :unsure:  :D

644690[/snapback]

shiva chandra - Spicy moments doesn´t sound progressive to me.

Oh and i don´t support bulgarian acts because i don´t know if they produce psytrance and i doubt if they do that it is good.

Do you know what happened? You have finally realized that even progressive and minimal can be psychedelic ;)

644702[/snapback]

so this is called progressive? I though progressive is with dfferent notes which are used in normal trance like some trancemaster compilations which has nothing to do with psychedelic trance.

so this is called progressive? I though progressive is with dfferent notes which are used in normal trance like some trancemaster compilations which has nothing to do with psychedelic trance.

644707[/snapback]

I'm not that sure about it but I allways thought that progressive is not so much about which notes are used but about the general structures of the songs?

644707[/snapback]

No, progressive means:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_electronic_music

:)

No, I buy what's good. Of course maybe if there's a small band I go to see and they have demo CDs I'll snap up a couple... but I don't buy mediocre music just because it comes from the UK.

But I don't really have to worry about stuff coming from the UK anyways, it's all good (well, most of it!!)... :)

shiva chandra - Spicy moments doesn´t sound progressive to me.

Oh and i don´t support bulgarian acts because i don´t know if they produce psytrance and i doubt if they do that it is good.

644694[/snapback]

Fair enough. You do a good job promoting the Bulgarian radio + the Rila mountains.

No, I buy what's good. Of course maybe if there's a small band I go to see and they have demo CDs I'll snap up a couple... but I don't buy mediocre music just because it comes from the UK.

But I don't really have to worry about stuff coming from the UK anyways, it's all good (well, most of it!!)... :)

644739[/snapback]

Same here... I buy what's good. Sometimes it's Danish (Iboga stuff, Trentemøller, Koxbox) but as often it's not Danish. And I will not buy a mediocre release just because it's Danish...

/DP

Same here... I buy what's good. Sometimes it's Danish (Iboga stuff, Trentemøller, Koxbox) but as often it's not Danish. And I will not buy a mediocre release just because it's Danish...

/DP

644774[/snapback]

You still get your fair share of mediocre cds one way or another :D

Im gonna be arrogant and say:

Since I am half German and Half Swedish, coming from a part of Sweden that used to be Danish, i dont have to think about supporting the acts that come from my areas, because the best music comes from Sweden, Germany and Denmark.

So, do I support my local acts? Yeah of course, but not because they are from there, just simply because they are the best!

Hows that for attitude?! :D

Nemo

644707[/snapback]

I wouldnt say that Trancemaster compilations has anything to do with the progressive trance that the people in this forum like :) Have you checked acts like Son Kite, Ticon, Beat Bizarre, etc etc? :)

Im gonna be arrogant and say:

Since I am half German and Half Swedish, coming from a part of Sweden that used to be Danish, i dont have to think about supporting the acts that come from my areas, because the best music comes from Sweden, Germany and Denmark.

So, do I support my local acts? Yeah of course, but not because they are from there, just simply because they are the best!

Hows that for attitude?! :D

Nemo

644784[/snapback]

Ofcourse, you´re right, the most repretive music comes from there, yeah. :P

O RLY?  ;)

644785[/snapback]

for me yeah, for you it might be the US or UK, I dont know, but the rest of the world doesnt make as good music as the music coming from my countries.... MY TASTE ;) so YARLY!

So, do you especially care for you national acts or not?

644666[/snapback]

I do, cause romanian acts are not many.

Some years ago (2002) i had some webspace, and i did a small webpage (html only, but it came out nice) for a romanian act (ATMA) and i uploaded a couple of tracks for people to download. Of course he gave me the tracks. He was really excited about it, and gave the link to many people. It was a good way of promotion, cause many people had heard about him until them, and were curious to hear his music... and in the beginning, the only way to hear his music was go to the parties.

Now he released his debut album, he's having organised a promo tour in eastern Europe, and i'm gonna do my best and go to the party in my town, and buy the CD. No matter if i will like it or not, it will be a collection item, cause ATMA is a friend of mine, and he's a cool guy. But i think i'll like it, i always did at parties!

You can also check ATMA's debut album, by clicking here for samples. (see? i do it even in this thread!)

Oh, I forgot... other romanian act asked me to listen to their music once and asked my opinnion. It was goa, not bad, but it was a bit "shy"... they needed to work harder.

So i guess i do support romanian acts, if i see potential there! (at least considering my musical taste)

I would say my favoyrite psychedelic trance music comes from the sweden but as far as other electronic genres are considered it's worldwide..

644797[/snapback]

now, that is true, I thought we were talking about psy or progg only here. When it comes to electro and house, I would chose for US, UK, and Germany of course :)