Danceable chillout!

Snapinho

dialogue is boring.. been there done that etc..

tribal drift.. that one is an oldie!!! i guess i still have it on tape somewhere. didgeridoo trance.. not sure if it fits snapinho.. and def not sure if its still possible to find on cd...

wasnt on my top list of oldies btw..

dialogue is boring.. been there done that etc..

tribal drift.. that one is an oldie!!! i guess i still have it on tape somewhere. didgeridoo trance.. not sure if it fits snapinho.. and def not sure if its still possible to find on cd...

613668[/snapback]

tribal trance: A.B. Didgeridoo Oblivion - Lucid Dreaming

Guest Astro Cortex

613668[/snapback]

Hehe, I was actually referring to the Dubnology comp Snaap has bought, which features these tracks. The Tribal Drift one is from their first album 'Collective Journeys', which is indeed tribal trance, but also has some nice chilled/downtempo tracks on it, the 'Void' ones IIRC.

tribal trance: A.B. Didgeridoo Oblivion - Lucid Dreaming

613670[/snapback]

noooo tribal trance!

Look, the challenge is this: people who are not usually chillout dj's sometimes spoil the chillout by wanting to play too much prog or goa or even full on trance, but I really want to avoid that. I am looking for that borderline between chillout and danceable stuff and even then; preferably stuff that's not too closely associated with the whole psy-scene.

I mean, psychill and progressive psytrance are the usual suspects. I want more obscure stuff and opinions! What would you consider moving to in a chillout? I know it's a hard question to answer because most people come to the chillout to chill, but IMO it's worth an experiment. It won't work in every chillout of course, but I'd love to give it a try :)

I want more obscure stuff and opinions! What would you consider moving to in a chillout? I know it's a hard question to answer because most people come to the chillout to chill, but IMO it's worth an experiment. It won't work in every chillout of course, but I'd love to give it a try :)

613947[/snapback]

you have enough recommendations already, no ? :P

I would actually like some feedback concerning my recommendations :)

614148[/snapback]

me too

have you checked any Snapinho/

?

614279[/snapback]

:( Ha! First of all: let me apologize for asking for more recommendations when I don't even have time to check the cds I receive in the mail. Horrible, horrible. I've downloaded some of your recommendations, but not nearly enough and to that I must add that I haven't been at home long enough to listen to anything. It sucks big time. Really, it does. I wish I had a subject for my thesis so I could sit behind a computer, pretending to be working but in fact paying more attention to the music I'm listening.

Boo for me! Alrighty, in a few hours I'm going home, downloading your stuff (are they songs or albums? Cause if they're albums I'm truely fuct, hehe.)

Another positive thing is that I recently got a 256mb mp3-play-thingie, so I can put 4 (if I'm lucky and only in 128kbs) albums on there and listen while I'm reading.

Btw: atm its' Arovane - Lillies (nice but a little too slow), Autechre - Amber (woohoo! :)), Ellen Alien & Apparat - Orchestra of Bubbles (some nice cruncy minimal on there) and Sutekh - Periods Make Sense (clicky laidback stuff, some of it might indeed be suitable for my danceable chilloutset)

But ok guys, you deserve some credit as well... I'm on it! :)

Boo for me! Alrighty, in a few hours I'm going home, downloading your stuff (are they songs or albums? Cause if they're albums I'm truely fuct, hehe.)

Another positive thing is that I recently got a 256mb mp3-play-thingie, so I can put 4 (if I'm lucky and only in 128kbs) albums on there and listen while I'm reading.

Most recommended here are albums...

well 256mb i would say 2-3 albums fit.

• 8 months later...

Okidoki guys, a bump here to remind me I still have to check a lot of stuff (especially all those pr0fane recommended... I had some troubles finding I remember...)

Oh, and first I gotta get my computer to work again. Crash after crash after crash trying to reinstall. Oh noes! :(

Okidoki guys, a bump here to remind me I still have to check a lot of stuff (especially all those pr0fane recommended... I had some troubles finding I remember...)

Oh, and first I gotta get my computer to work again. Crash after crash after crash trying to reinstall. Oh noes! :(

Good luck with the computer. I just sorted mine out!

Dancable chillout?

Went to see the orb live, people were dancing it was pretty cool!

Try some chill guys live sets, they are often more dancy than the albums ;)

• 1 year later...

Some good ethnica danceable tracks, have been tested, do work :)

----

Flying Beyond - Fussion - Adham Shaikh

Pharaoh - Back To Earth - Eat Static

Dune Rider - Back To Earth Eat Static

Kanzaman Breaks - Walking Through - Kaya Project

Stone Turns Black - Walking Through - Kaya Project

Dark Tabla - Elixir - Kaya Project

Salaam - Elixir - Kaya Project

The Golden Apple - And the Beat goes OM - Slackbaba

Metatron's Sugar Cube - And the Beat goes OM - Slackbaba

Long Sunny Daze - And the Beat goes OM - Slackbaba

Ya Bouy (Shulman Remix) - Natural Born Chillers - Omar Faruk Tekbilek & Steve Shehan

Around The World In A Tea Daze - Tales of the Inexpressible - Shpongle

----

Was invited to play at hippie party last Friday (on quite short notice) and had to look through a my stuff in a very short time, but found these to be very danceable indeed, at a party were people drinks and smokes... but primarily drinks (a different crowd than stoners :lol:), and we had had to keep em' going, not what I'm used too, normally we try to "lay people down" :P

But sadly I haven't got any new danceable ethnica stuff, only the two tracks on Back to Earth.... :(