Basilisk

oh they're pretty easy to recognize: usually they make 1000 word essays saying that you can hear a bleep in the beginning of a track and a "drifting melody" in the middle and then a buzzing noise near the end etc. They also usually conclude their reviews by saying that you absolutley HAVE to buy the album they've just reviewed because it is one of the best albums ever... they also usually have the habit of mutually ass-licking eachother (as if just ass-licking artists and labels wasn't enough...) and they consider that they form some sort of "elite" reviewers and that if it weren't for them the site they post their reviews in would be dead... sorry if my harsh caricature might offend some...

falls under the catagory 'unnecessary strong negative output'

oh they're pretty easy to recognize: usually they make 1000 word essays saying that you can hear a bleep in the beginning of a track and a "drifting melody" in the middle and then a buzzing noise near the end etc. They also usually conclude their reviews by saying that you absolutley HAVE to buy the album they've just reviewed because it is one of the best albums ever... they also usually have the habit of mutually ass-licking eachother (as if just ass-licking artists and labels wasn't enough...) and they consider that they form some sort of "elite" reviewers and that if it weren't for them the site they post their reviews in would be dead... sorry if my harsh caricature might offend some...

609488[/snapback]

You mean like this one? Fits your description perfectly. Dunno about the word counter thou'...

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=36617

:P

609517[/snapback]

:D:lol:B)B):)

You mean like this one? Fits your description perfectly. Dunno about the word counter thou'...

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=36617

:P

Besides, I don't think anyone will get offended by your words. I mean, come on, you liked the 1200 Mics album... :P

(I know, I know, the one above is a typical "logical fallacy", I just couldn't help it... it's like a recurring gag for me, like Cartman telling Kenny his family is poor :))

ps. Basilisk's reviews own. It doesn't matter to me where I read them.

609517[/snapback]

:lol:

Dude your reviews rule. I enjoy reading them even if it's some silly Dark Psy compilation that i won't ever bother to download.

609536[/snapback]

:lol:

Lemmi: does Guy Cojones qualify to be in the "elite"?

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=40996

Plus you never answered my previous question. That makes me a sad panda....

613078[/snapback]

lol I didn't answer your question cause I don't really like starting flame wars... and you see, it's not that I don't like the persons behind the reviews, just that the way they review kindof pisses me off... ok if you REALLY want a name here's one: DeathPosture... again I insist that I actually quite like the dude, just that I don't like his reviewing style. Still, massiv respect to him and to all other members of psynews ;)

lol I didn't answer your question cause I don't really like starting flame wars... and you see, it's not that I don't like the persons behind the reviews, just that the way they review kindof pisses me off... ok if you REALLY want a name here's one: DeathPosture... again I insist that I actually quite like the dude, just that I don't like his reviewing style. Still, massiv respect to him and to all other members of psynews ;)

613541[/snapback]

What's wrong with them? Too few "killargh basslines" per review?

Since we're already side-tracking Alexander's topic, I'll take the liberty to retort later... especially since my name was dropped... And what the hell, it's been a while since we've had this discussion.

I'm busy right now though. Writing a killer review describing a "drifting melody" in the middle and then a buzzing noise near the end.

S.M.I²L.E.

/DP

awww man, I knew this would come to that, that's why I didn't want to actually give names... but mind what I said, I DO like you, just not your reviewing style... as a comparison, you can really like your best bud but not agree with the way he dresses or acts in public...

Actually, for the sake of proper argumentation, it would be interesting if you could open a new thread on this. And please, if you can, back it up with examples and we'll take it from there.

I hereby give you carte blanche to use my reviews as an example of the review style you don't like as much as your own. No hard feelings, promise.

:)

/DP