Newschool Goa Project - Aerosis

Aerosis

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone, as you can tell from the mix there is alot we have being worked on right now...I can tell you for sure maybe half those songs won't make it to the promo simply because we'll make something better or decide a track might not be good enough...

Well you should finish them in some way and put it up to download.. Would be sad if any of this great stuff gets lost..

Also I listened into the demo again and at 17:30 theres also a superfantastic sample!

Digi

@digitoxin

We will try... but the thingy is I have a really bad habit of scrapping songs that suck and moving on until i get something really good and i can put together really easy. I don't know about bobby... but yeah i have about 50-60 songs on my own that have about 2-3 minutes to them, and i never took the time to finish

• 3 months later...

Vassilis gave me the word a few days ago :) We'd love to release a few tracks with you guys

I heard what mindsphere has in store for this one, amazing work!

You guys should get in contact with some of the other newschoolian amateurs, theres alot of tallent out there. Man where the hell is NUXX!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cosmogenesis

You guys should get in contact with some of the other newschoolian amateurs, theres alot of tallent out there. Man where the hell is NUXX!! :D

Nuxx is back since one or two months. He got a huge accident last year, but he's better now. He produced recently a few demo tracks with a new style and wants to release his own album on heterodyne records. Check acidplanet, Bobby! ;)

I prefer his old "biosynthetic" goa tracks though: even if there are not so developped technically, the feeling is there. :)

Amazing work guys :) keep it up!!

nodoubt I will be dancing to your songs like a shiva god in the near future I cant wait :)

Vassilis gave me the word a few days ago :) We'd love to release a few tracks with you guys

I heard what mindsphere has in store for this one, amazing work!

h, Aerosis its good work ;) , yes i have done good tracks for metapsychic records . and let see what will happen ;)

Take a Suntrip - Song Review

Includes Chapters:

A.) Thoughts

B.) Advice

C.) Remember

D.) Lastly

By Jon Cocco

PROS:: Take a Suntrip starts off well, gradually adding sounds and melodies as the song progresses during the initial third. The drum roll gives it a positive, light jump-kick at around 1:40. There are often nice goa melodies/layers and they correlate with each other well. At 2:36 several sounds are removed but the kick at around 3:17 sounds cool. The drum rolls add some kick when they take place. It's a tiny energy magnet that's used postively. The song seems to change or develop notes and pattern at around 5:00. The subtle alterations and tweaking of the melodies enhance the song. The song flows and is well mixed from beginning to end. The track is highly simplistic in execution and yet somehow manages to get away with being generally catchy, at least to me and a good amount of others it seems. If this is the second song by Aerosis to date they may do very well in the near future.

CONS: It's redundant. Lacks innovation and depth. Predictable. We basically hear everything it will achieve by the first third or so. Honestly, the song doesn't seem to develop much. It's successful catch (formula) and structure is its own flaw in achieving anything more than a generally cool sounding goatrance song. What's wrong with sounding generally cool? Almost every goatrance song sounds cool, that's the problem. It's nothing new. The goal is to stand out, sound different, capture and trance! Reading in-between the layers is difficult because there isn't much to read. Also, the song doesn't captivate or take me away to another place (without drugs). My mind doesn't get lost or fade away into that dream/fantasy state as some of the more ambitious, complex, imaginative, and deeper goatrance out there. In short, I'm not affected on a sub conscious level and I'm conscious the entire time throughout the song. The song is like licking a fairly tasty toad you licked before without the after effects.

IN CONCLUSION, I like the song. It's elegant and streaming but repetitive and lacking in depth and imagination to me. I really tried to be critical, fair, and balanced. My tilt is toward the positive although I've heard stuff very similar to this before.

SCORE: C+

THOUGHTS: My advice is probably that which you already know. For the record...

- Release quality, not quantity.

- Go with your gut instinct, and your heart.

- Find new sounds, melodies, effects, details, and ways of mixing sounds. Create some of your own!

- Listen to some of the TOP BEST goatrance artists ever and create your own original masterpieces.

- Take chances. (I can't stress this enough)

The guys succeeded going out with the most women also got rejected the most.

- Decide what your goal is before beginning the song. Maintain your focus throughout.

If your goal is to trance the listener into orbit, it obviously takes time and work... you NEED feedback.

- Build a world of sounds, and this has and can again be achieved without going insane like several old Pleiadians, Hallucinogen, Astral Projection (and several more artists) songs. It's not how many layers... it's what you do with them that matters, how they're utilized and in formation as one.

- Develop your song as it progresses. Don't give away all your mystery (or so much of it) in the initial third. I should think your song is great during that first third so when the second third (more or less) begins I'm like "Wow, this is excellent." Likewise, don't drop a song in the middle if you can develop excellence into truly stunning or that much better. Go further into the world you create as it's being created.

- To impress us you need to impress yourselves at least 10 times as much. We're critical, like you, but the creator is his/her worst critic. I'll be honest with my knowledge and 10 yrs of listening behind me in goatrance and so will many others. Get FEEDBACK from guys who are aware. Suntrip seems to have some very aware guys since I see your track on the Twist Dreams comp.

- REMEMBER: When you get awesome, inspirational ideas or intuitions about whatever from dreams... don't sit thinking or talking (don't TALK because that often activates the conscious mind!!) about it for too long. Get them out right away before you become more aware of your conscious state. At the point of waking from out of an inspired-with-potential-information dream, the sub-sonscious residue (memory) will linger depending on the (or lack of) distractions going on and the dreamers ability to remain calm and collected, the ability to maintain focus without thinking, i.e: thinking consciously = don't think at all relative to how you perceive "think" basically - is paramount, essential. Just get the ideas out before they fade!! Writing them down won't last long but it's better than nothing if you have no cpu and/or mixing soft or hardware at the time to record that data in your head.

- LASTLY: My knowledge is my mind and my awareness is my spirit. Take this knowledge and use it to your advantage to make amazing, fucking AMAZING goatrance. You have the power to do anything your souls desire.

Wow very indepth review Jon Cocco :) thank you. Its nice having someone evaluate a peice of work so well.

Don't give away all your mystery (or so much of it) in the initial third. I should think your song is great during that first third so when the second third (more or less) begins I'm like "Wow, this is excellent." Likewise, don't drop a song in the middle if you can develop excellence into truly stunning or that much better. Go further into the world you create as it's being created.

Very well worded and very thought provoking impression. I understand how you mean, you're absolutely right. There definately are sections of the track that have the chance to take you somewhere different but don't do it.

Its true though that the aerosi are well aware of the flaws as well as the positive parts of take a suntrip :P its a 135BPM track, no madness expected but just a nice party starter/intro track, primarily it serves to debut to our audience that we are followers of the goa style and capable of establishing the goan vibe in our trance music, as well as connecting with the style that was last heard 6 years ago. I don't wager that it demonstrates many new things (there is contorsion for that demonstration ;) ).

technically this is the first track completed by Aerosis, the second one came shortly after yet was started earlier - Contorsion, which you'll be able to hear on suntrip's V/A Twist Dreams very soon. I'd be very interested in your review on that track :)

Since then we've started atleast 30 peices, thrown a some out, demo'd a few others, greenlighted about 5 golden new ideas, we've established and are exploring 3 predominant styles of goa trance and right now we are simply searching for those new sounds, feelings, and emotions to express just as you said. We don't like "typical goa", nor am I interested in ripping successful formulas from hallucinogen or astral projection. Those styles have been washed out and used far too much and just generally I think they're overused and have become borring. Jeremy and I have made some really interesting experiments. Contorsion being the first you'll all be able to hear :)

I don't mean to overhype Aerosis, but I do mean to communicate my intent with the project. Goa has always been the music of infinite emotion and possibilities, it has the most freedom and depth to it out of any music I know. Far better than the 1-2 feelings psytrance offers ;)

Yet there is still alot of work for us to do. I don't wish to show anything until completely satisfied with the style. It should not only be a good track but be an expandable style, flow well, as well as mix well with current new goa. We're trying to make a new dance culture afterall :)

The next Aerosis apearance will be on the Metapsychic free compilation currently in process, followed by hopefully an 3-5 track EP by the summer. I'll try and post a preview of the track for the V/A as soon as I can, as soon as I get it up to par with Mindsphere's quality ;) Hehehe

Thank you to everyone who is recieving this new goa project so warmly when it is still so early in its infancy.

Hi Synogen, guys,

I'm glad you enjoyed reading what I wrote and I enjoyed reading your post as well. I'm looking forward to the Suntrip Twist Dreams comp.

Keep up the great work!

You guys had me with "Spacious Endeavors". Good god... the melodies on this are excellent. Key changes! I can't get enough of them in goa trance tracks, when done right they REALLY get the euphoria going IMHO. I've only heard Synsun and - to a lesser extent, I'm afraid - Filteria do this in pure goa tunes. More like "Spacious Endeavors" please! :D

Edit: Listening it to the eighth time (no joke), please PLEASE please tell me this is going to be on the album! :wub: We could be looking at IFO 2 here...

We've had alot of mixed feedback on spacious endeavors, either peopel get it or don't feel it at all. Some people didn't like it for straying too far from goa formula....others like yourself told us it blew them away! [which is what I think too!]

I personally like this one very much, yes we have the intention of green lighting it to our promo, its some wonderful spacy emotional goa.

But now as I promised I have an extract for you guys! Please bear in mind this is still work in progress and has the potential to become even more powerful.

Aerosis - Peyota Quota

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YGIOCYQ6

I do believe Peyota Quota will top Contorsion.. ^^

This track will very likely see sunlight in metapsychic record's upcoming 2nd compilation, we've already seen some very impressive artists and tracks that metapsychic is comming up with. Three cheers for all the hard work Vassilis/Cosmogenisis is doing, from here on I'll let only him talk about and hype the compilation. :)

Feedback on this 4 minute extract is much appreciated, the general gist is in place but much is still yet to be done or adjusted, based ofcourse on the wonderful feedback you psynewsers always provide :)

Thanks for replying! I know you went on to say "....others like yourself told us it blew them away! [which is what I think too!]", but...

Some people didn't like it for straying too far from goa formula

Ask yourself, now that it's 2007, isn't it about bloody time someone did? Honestly, as much as I enjoy those Filteria albums, they're nothing more than well-produced "full-on-ish" goa (but nothing less, mind). There are a fair few artists trying to replicate the same thing, I'm just hoping you guys don't entirely fall into this trap. ;)

If I were lucky enough to be able to produce music like this (my stuff always ends up too damn "spacey"), "Spacious Endeavors" would be precisely the sort of thing I would want to shoot for. For what it's worth, I realise that I'm just one opinion in a sea of them. ;)

Good luck to you both, I'm looking forward to hearing your album!

Guest Cosmogenesis

This track will very likely see sunlight in metapsychic record's upcoming 2nd compilation, we've already seen some very impressive artists and tracks that metapsychic is comming up with. Three cheers for all the hard work Vassilis/Cosmogenisis is doing, from here on I'll let only him talk about and hype the compilation. :)

Ooo, thanx a lot, Bobby, for your warm words!! :) But, you know, I'm not the one to work hard for metapsychic. Filipe, Martin, Bruno, and all the other members of the team, are working hard too to help our goa community to survive and to bring some light to our dark times. I don't forget also the artists, without them, this project is simply impossible. I'm just one part of this puzzle and try to do my best to help as much as I can, when I have free time, voluntarily, because you know that I have some other main activities out there and, among them, a thesis to write. ;)

But the cheers go to you, my friend, because you're working hard for our iniative, and your amazing track is really a big gift for metapsychic and all the goa fans. :) In "Peyota Quota", I like especially its fresh & hypnotic feeling, it sounds innovative, gives new directions technically to the goa genre, and, at the same time, it keeps the best of the old spirit. It will fit perfectly the second metapsychic VA/ which will be, I think, more original, more diversified, and better quality than the first one. We will brin some fresh infos about it soon. :)

For what it's worth, I realise that I'm just one opinion in a sea of them.

Not at all! no no no if anything there aren't enough opinions out there...how else should one make good music without knowing what people consider as good music!

I work on music as a creative outlet, to express and trap certain energies into a form I can call on any moment just by hitting a play button - but at the same time I do this only so I can share these energies with other people, thats what makes it all worth it - otherwise it would be a shockingly brilliant waste of time spending 50 hours on a 6 minute track only I will here. The music is for you!

I'm glad you shared your thoughts on those extremely primitive work in progress samples Chis, and you too Jon for sending me some PMs some time ago with your thoughts. all I can say is I can't wait to show ya what me and Jeremy have got in store, we're really happy with the project.

Now why won't anyone comment on this track??? ;)

extremely primitive work in progress samples

I wish my own music sounded this rich, composed and well produced. :blink: You call that a work in progress? I'm truly speechless. No wonder Suntrip have included you on Twist Dreams. I'll be grinning from ear to ear if they also put out your album!

Now why won't anyone comment on this track??? ;)

Powerful, in-your-face, highly melodic goa trance. I love the rising bassline around 1:50. Keep it up! Um... can't really say much else. ;) (Well, I prefer Spacious Endeavors, but I'm a goa modulation whore)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok i just listened through the myspace tracks again, it seems the old ones have disappeared.. and with those songs my favoite demo track has gone too, and it seems the tracks are getting less melodic :(

anyway, Peyota Quota is a nice track, and cape quetzal too..

I think it is very lame to trash Aereosis.. those guys just try to make the music they want and imo they are very good!

If you want that goatrance will die completely, this is the right way with the demotivating chat..

Even if you don't make music yourself, you need to think twice about what you are saying.

The Constorsion track is very nice and not a copycat song

the track from Mindcrawlers - Firebloom (half Aereosis) is even better imo, so these guys don't lack talent at all..

Keep up the good work and make the music you like

Exactly where on this page do I go to download this?? I can't find the thing to click on anywhere, including the name of track, artist, filesize at the botten left.

Cape Quetzal sounds great when I click on that sample on your music page. I love those juicy melodies in the opening 20 seconds or so via the sample. Developing that juicy sound into something ozzing, literally bursting with juicey melodies (think Dimension 5 at it's top best and modernizing it is a concept for instance) and emotion would be awesome. Just an idea.

I want to download that Cape Quetzal song. It's the best I've heard from Aerosis yet.

@ Jon - You have to type in the 3 letter code towards the top right of the screen to proceed to the download, which'll apear after a 45 second timer, or if nothing is loading right try it in firefox or some other browser :)

@ The dissing of Aerosis (?)

Really there hasn't been that much going on with that, only a few occasions, the biggest being a few pages back in this thread but one of the main people [actually..both of them] trashing us before due to a disagreeable sample now are very happy to be receiving one of our tracks for metaphsycics next compilation. Nah most people recieve us warmly, more warmly than I really anticipated since there has been very little released music so far.

And those who bash are excused, I don't take anything personally and I know they are more or less like me - simply the true oldschool lovers, its not easy to take them away from their classics and if they see a new artist show up, if they don't make acid melodies that can make your cry with joy then they are a disgrace to the genre - its actually these people I pay alot more attention to :) As for dissing, feel free - firstly understand before you diss that there is very little released work from us and we have about 30-40 sketched out tracks [the things on myspace are all sketches, mostly things Jeremy has started since he's the one managing the myspace(I have no time/interest for it) we have a nice handful or so in production right now (meaning they are nearly completed), as well as a few looking for compilation releases. We'll post some extracts soon and what we'd like to do soon is get a bit of a promo / EP type release to demo our style to the public.

As for the tracks on myspace - occasionally jeremy likes to throw a few sketches and expiraments on there, whatever has been made recently, more complete works or work in progress tracks we usually circulate around in the goa circles/producers around the net - incidentally thats all we were doing until we get a good enough response. With contorsion people said we should send that to labels, that suntrip in particular would really dig the track - lo and behold the first demo we send Anoebis was really happy, and naturally so were we which is when we made Aerosis an official project. I want it to be clear that I don't pretend to say aerosis is a great act or anything like that right now, we're 18 years old and really this is simply the start. We're very happy with what's happening for us as well as the tunes we're coming up with, ofcourse as soon as its all ready you'll be sure to start seeing alot more Aerosis out on the surface.

Tommorro I'll post an extract of a track we have selected for our promo..

@ Jon feel free to get in contact with us through IM if you'd like, I have no problem showing you Cape Quetzal so long as its understood it isn't a finished track. Same goes with anyone else, feel free to hit us up and share some thoughts about goa trance :)

I've had quite a few people say there is a Dimension 5 vibe comming from the flavor and melodies that I in particular produce (Jeremy is bettter with deep emotional melodies, where as I tend to weave in the more intelligent spacy/deep feelings)...Cape Quetzal for example has little in common with Dimension 5, its a morning style goa track with a deep exotic "party at the beach" type feeling to it - if anything the more direct inspiration for this track I will credit to Khetzal's work - some amazing inspiration and feelings in that music. No I think what you are instead picking up on is how the music offers feelings. Given that music and melody is a form of metaphorical communication [in my eyes], what you are hearing/expiriencing is certain feelings and moods that melody can weave. Dimension 5 is very adept at this in their own style - all melodic music when done right is separated from trance or techno due to its drifting travelling melodies. I think this is the common vibe you're keying in on.

Now that I mentioned that, the way we work...the reason we do "sketches" is usually we have some sort of pent up inspiration (particularly after having a good day, you can't force yourself to produce you need some sort of backing motiff) and we spend a few hours to assemble a ~2 minute foundation [conversely a full track takes on average 30-40 hours to complete - believe it or not this is not uncommon], after which we listen to it and try to center on the feeling the music produces, from there if we like it and if we think its fresh enough and has potential to expand we then develop it into a full track with the proper rules, formatting etc so that it can be played at for example a party and mix in with any other track - but at the core the music began as simply a feeling. Anyone who strums a guitar at the end of the day before they go to sleep or plays with notes and melodies like this as an introspective process should have an idea of what I mean, and when we have a promo assembled with a nice selection of tracks it should be easy to hear what this creative process results in - its already something I can distinguish from other tracks - and yet hear echoes of it in other highly inspired work like many of the classics people refer to as well as alot of new artists, the majority of which are in the new goa circles [Mindsphere is going to have a very very big future, props! I love what I've heard]

So, the best thing really is, forget about us for a while, when all is ready Aerosis will find its way to your ears, a smile is all we want to achieve! So far every track we're producing seems to top the previous one - a chain thats been growing for me since my first track some 2-3 years ago [same with Jeremy, we grow together] really...I'm quite confident for the future :)

Something that really is making me happy is that I've noticed each person who's gotten a good taste of aerosis seems to have a different favorite track. If music is metaphor, being able to communicate that feeling to you shows me the track is a success.

- Bobby [synogen]

• 2 weeks later...