Technical Question

i use NO WAV files what so ever [and when i do, its only percussion instaments, which are fucking tiny], i have 256mb RAM, and i can run atleast 10 instances of z3ta all playing at once + FX..without a single bump in the sound

574369[/snapback]

You also said "the only downside i know of it, it takes about 30 seconds to process before the song starts". That is a 30 second massive bump. That would make writing a track impossible for me. With my computer running Fruity on the same processor the starting of the thread asked I have to wait a mere 11 milliseconds. Its all because of having a proper sound card and ram.

doesn't seem right imho, vsti's, don't need to load stuff and acess it later, unless you have 100 thousand presets, then it would load the presets into memory, but the actual turning information into sounds, has nothing to do with random access memory, sence your not saveing anything

like a game for instance, ,  in a shooter, the only thing that uses RAM is the level and textures that are loaded, the engine itself  doesn't use any of the RAM

or better yet, calculator, uses no ram what so ever, and does pretty much the exact same thing a VSTi instrument does, only the VSTi turns it into sound, where the sound is then processed and outputed, not saved, when you turn the synth off, then back on, and play, the sound is recreated and processed, and sent to output again, not saved for later [u8nless you specify such as by saveing it to wav, and then, your saveing to HD, not ram, now if you open sampler, and load the wav, then the wav is loaded into RAM, so it can be accessed when ever the program needs it]

[lol, i imagen everyone is SO used to useing .wav files, that they actually haven't ever tried makeing somethign without]

i use NO WAV files what so ever [and when i do, its only percussion instaments, which are fucking tiny], i have 256mb RAM, and i can run atleast 10 instances of z3ta all playing at once + FX..without a single bump in the sound

574369[/snapback]

Just try loading a couple of heavy instances of instruments in Electrik Piano, Absynth or Reaktor :) It WILL complain about RAM after a while. Most likely your CPU will first complain, but upon SAVING and then opening the arrangement again in a freshly loaded cubase :).... Message will show: Your computer doesnt seem to have enough RAM..... :) And so on and so on :)

Thank you all of you for helping me in resolving my problem.

I will first go with upgrading my RAM, (maybe to 1gb), and then see if it works(hope it does)

I will then look for a decent and good sound card and then update my processor :)

So I will do this step by step

Thanks Pals :)

your soundcard is problably not compatible with asio, (i dont know about asio4all, perhaps give it a try) and asio is needed for production, of course.

but try one thing, vanguard has at the right bottom a window that says "voices", how much are there? 32, 16?

try to limit it to 4 for all presets you use in your track, this saves alot of cpu!

then tell us if there are still problems, and i think so, because its your soundcard.

Solution here :D : buy a good soundcard, theres a big thread at isratrance, i never read, but you can try, i think you find every soundcard on the planet there ;) .

heres the link

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/...c/77173/forum/2

then buy more Ram and optimize your pc for audio with the link given above.

and i promise your machine will run killer

when i make, all i can see that after adding 2 o 3 vanguads its is clippin. there r still space in the ram. n if there are somany samples also. thn ram will also go up.

keep ur eye on the perfomance window in the task manager. if u cant spend money for upgradation. u need to choos the synts wisely. use big synts for only main lead or the important sounds in the track which u r suppose to automate. short effects must be exported to wave to be used it the track. automate the mute buttons of the vsts n effects when it is not in used. any sound exept bassline n gate which is not automated must be used as wave.like this take care of ram :( n processor :blink: same time.

at last ,even after every optimisation is done, if ur fl is clipping. just ignore it. go on with making ur music. it is not impossible to make good music even if it is clipping :)

Regardless of what people are saying, a ram upgrade will make your computer faster in terms of load times and load capacity. If you have many different synths open it is incorrect that they don't use ram. I've gotten FL's memory usage up to 300MB before, the majority of which is plugins and FX that are loaded into the memory.

If you are experiencing short freezes the problem is memory. Having more ram availible also seems to ease the CPU load. I've noticed this since myself and a friend have the same processor, but I have 512MB ram and he has 2GB. A song that uses 70% CPU for me uses only 40% for him.

After RAM, a processor upgrade will make the most difference. If you get a newer 3ghz + processor your CPU usage will go down by half and that can help alot. Remember to also set the buffer length higher and that will reduce CPU load and clipping. FL will trade responsiveness time with processing time, the sound will not clip but FL will be slower to respond to your commands. Its not a big deal.