3. Crossing the Dateline

4. Motzetz Kus

5. Escalation

6. Calm Down

7. Level 25

8. BBQ With Mackles

9. 2 Headed Man

10. Not a Puppet

Here comes another release from the new dark trance label Noise Poison (created by Highko and Naked Tourist). Basically you have 2 artists: Highko and Cosmo. They made a collaboration album under the name Highcosmos, then Cosmo released his solo project and now Highko released his own. So try not to get lost in all the "highs" and "comsos" lol

This album is for me the culminating point of russian dark metallic trance. It contains some tracks made just by Highko and others as collaborations between him and Kindzadza (Fight or Die and Motzetz Kus and 2 Headed Man), Fullmoon F (BBQ With Mackies) and Alien Metal (Not a Puppet). Which is odd cause although other artists are involved, all the tracks sound the same!! They basically use all the "typical" russian trance ingredients but they're used a bit too often for my taste, giving it a kindof of "over the top" feeling. So basically Highko throws the same bag of tricks in your face over and over again in EACH track!!

BUT I can understand why these tracks have the potential of ripping the dancefloor apart. All those breaks will certainly make anyone dancing go mad.

So not really any use in making a track by track review since they all sound the same, I'll just say that personally I have mixed feelings about this album. Each track taken individually is for sure a killer but having 10 tracks sounding the same just becomes boring. And I would've gone for more organic sounds and less "screechy" sounds... 7,5/10 for me

Posted Image

1. Fight or Die (Highko RMX)

2. Travel In Reverse

3. Crossing the Dateline

4. Motzetz Kus

5. Escalation

6. Calm Down

7. Level 25

8. BBQ With Mackles

9. Not A Puppet

Here comes another release from the new dark trance label Noise Poison. Basically you have 2 artists: Highko and Cosmo. They made a collaboration album under the name Highcosmos, then Highko released his own album and Cosmo will soon release his own as well. So try not to get lost in all the "highs" and "comsos" lol

This album is for me the culminating point of russian dark metallic trance. It contains some tracks made just by Highko and others as collaborations between him and Kindzadza (Fight or Die and Motzetz Kus), Fullmoon F (BBQ With Mackies) and Alien Metal (Not a Puppet). Which is odd cause although other artists are involved, all the tracks sound the same!!  They basically use all the "typical" russian trance ingredients but they're used a bit too often for my taste, giving it a kindof of "over the top" feeling. So basically Highko throws the same bag of tricks in your face over and over again in EACH track!!

BUT I can understand why these tracks have the potential of ripping the dancefloor apart. All those breaks will certainly make anyone dancing go mad.

So not really any use in making a track by track review since they all sound the same, I'll just say that personally I have mixed feelings about this album. Each track taken individually is for sure a killer but having 9 tracks sounding the same just becomes boring. And I would've gone for more organic sounds and less "screechy" sounds...  7,5/10 for me

571569[/snapback]

As an album, im not sure its something i would sit and listen to from start to finish. Too similar as you mention, but regardless of that, for mixing etc, there are some insane tunes on this album.

BBQ with Mackles being the highlight tune of the album for me. Really well produced.

i havent heard the album yet.. but i can imagine what it sounds like since i recently heard a highko liveset.. that was very psychedelic but indeed way too does he use the same tricks.. and its way too fast to keep dancing.

Will check the album out for sure.. But i doubt it will get on my shopping list.

Very good indeed but all the tracks have the same sound indeed.. but very nice trance.. my favorite style of psytrance

btw cosmo allready released an albim this year (Gravity)

and motzetz kus is highko vs metallaxis nit highko vs kindzadza..

some sites say it is highko vs kindzada but on noise poison site and some others it stands it is metallaxis

• 2 weeks later...

i havent heard the album yet.. but i can imagine what it sounds like since i recently heard a highko liveset.. that was very psychedelic but indeed way too does he use the same tricks.. and its way too fast to keep dancing.

Will check the album out for sure.. But i doubt it will get on my shopping list.

571809[/snapback]

if it's too fast then you are too old :D

• 2 weeks later...

Love BBQ with Mackies, but I think my favorite is the rmx of Kindzadza-FIght or Die. I love when a remix keeps the feel of the original song, even better if it adds to it, as this does. Its always a bummer to hear what is supposed to be a remix and you cant tell how its supposed to be a remix. Thanks Highko, for keeping true to Leo's vision!

• 2 weeks later...

well, I Love this album B)

Highko rules from beginning to end even if he is using the same trick!!! One of the best psytrance producer around!!!

...Fuck this is crazy, insane, tense fast & hard the kind of stuff I do love!! Fasten your seat belt cos' it will kick some arss definitely!!!

my fav since a long time!!! And for a long time too!!! :D

and yeaaaahhhh BBQ with makies whaooooo!! never heard a track like that b4 in psychedelic trance!!! :P

• 1 year later...