Digitalis is back!

krelmatrix

Good news for all the fans of Seb Taylor's funkier side (and psy-breaks in general)...

It looks like Seb is back in action with his Digitalis project!! :D

He has at least one release schedule in the next few months on the UK-based breaks label Sinister Recordings (one of my favorite labels for the last 4 years - home of Introspective, IMO the best breaks artist today). I saw a Digitalis track listed in a tracklist for Sinister's weekly radio show (The Melting Pot) and confirmed with the guy who did the show that it is indeed Seb Taylor. The track is called "The Ride".

Fortunately the show is archived on the broadcasting site for one week.

http://www.ibreaks.co.uk/index.html

Enter the site, go to the section for archived shows, then download the archive for the "Sinister Records Show" listed under Tuesdays. Grab it quick, because the mix will probably be replaced with a new one in the next few days. The first track in the mix is the Digitalis track. It's very dirty & tekky (in the Sinister Rec. style), and very, very SEB. :) And according to the guy with the label, he's got more up his sleeve, so this shouldn't be the last of it. B)

First Aether returns as JNR Hacksaw, exploring breaks territories, and now Digitalis is back in business! I wrote about JNR Hacksaw in a another thread and recommended a mix by Bushby that contained three JNR Hacksaw tunes. That mix is no longer available at its original location mentioned in the thread but now it's available at a new location for your pleasure:

Bushby - Poo Tunes for Disco Bars

First Aether returns as JNR Hacksaw, exploring breaks territories, and now Digitalis is back in business! I wrote about JNR Hacksaw in a another thread and recommended a mix by Bushby that contained three JNR Hacksaw tunes.

I vaguely remember that Aether album awhile back - a friend of mine bought it and was freaking out for several months about it. I'll have to check out this JNR Hacksaw stuff.

Stunning news ! I love all of Seb's work... the guy is one of the most talented musicians in the scene...THE THIRD STATE rulez... :D

570036[/snapback]

The thing that made me saddest about Matsuri going under was that there was another Digitalis album in the pipeline that was never going to be released. :( 3rd State was a masterpiece, and I think the followup would have been incredible. I'm glad he's still going, though. :)

Welcome back Seb! :D

The thing that made me saddest about Matsuri going under was that there was another Digitalis album in the pipeline that was never going to be released. :( 3rd State was a masterpiece, and I think the followup would have been incredible.  I'm glad he's still going, though. :)

Welcome back Seb! :D

570418[/snapback]

Huh, yes, I didn't know that there was going to be the second album released for Matsuri, so you haven't made my day... :(:D

Huh, yes, I didn't know that there was going to be the second album released for Matsuri, so you haven't made my day... :(:D

570425[/snapback]

Yep, it was supposedly ready to go, but the label didn't survive long enough, and the interest for psy-breaks had mostly waned by that point. :( I do think that a lot of the tracks have made it out over the years on various compilations and whatnot. Dragonfly managed to get several Digitalis tracks released on 12" and on the 2nd CD of the latest Shakta album.

Based on the teaser track in that mix, though, the newer stuff rocks. :)

First Aether returns as JNR Hacksaw, exploring breaks territories, and now Digitalis is back in business! I wrote about JNR Hacksaw in a another thread and recommended a mix by Bushby that contained three JNR Hacksaw tunes. That mix is no longer available at its original location mentioned in the thread but now it's available at a new location for your pleasure:

Bushby - Poo Tunes for Disco Bars

570022[/snapback]

thnx

like it (especially that custom cover :D )