About VA - Re-Birth Vol.1

moni

Check out these samples:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ust/ust1cd508.html

VA - Re-Birth Vol. 1

Now ... E-Mantra is in the tracklist (last track), he gave me the link (promotional reasons :P). So i click and listen and his track sounds really good, melodic old-school. I say: mm yummy, let's check the other tracks now.

So i click the other samples and find out they're all full-on, melodic. First thing i thought was: what's this compilation doing next to E-Mantra's track?

I hope the right persons see this topic, cause E-Mantra needs a different label. A suitable one!

Discuss.

The E-Mantra track really is great. Too bad the other samples are crappy full-on instead of nice full-on. So sadly I'm not going to buy the comp just for one track.

The E-Mantra track really is great. Too bad the other samples are crappy full-on instead of nice full-on. So sadly I'm not going to buy the comp just for one track.

567203[/snapback]

Tatsu could you please post an example of nice fullon? LOL

Tatsu could you please post an example of nice fullon? LOL

567220[/snapback]

I can post several full-on albums that I love, but I don't think it will change your impression of full-on. So why bother wasting my time? Unless you really wanna check them out, then I can of course post some.

Tatsu, please don't support this thief. He doesn't pay a dime to the artists that he releases. Download it instead.

567263[/snapback]

Don't worry, I'm not going to buy the comp. As I've said the only track I like is the one moni is talking about (but this one really is nice), the rest is crap.

Tatsu, please don't support this thief. He doesn't pay a dime to the artists that he releases. Download it instead.

567263[/snapback]

that´s not true at all, i can´t buy the music because i first have to open an accaunt on my bank with which i can pay the releases, i don´t want use my parents accaunt that the money may get lost, i have to open an accaunt with not much money on it that it c will be save for me and then i will buy some discs i´ve downloaded because i aktually feel bad about downloading music i like, but some old stuff isn´t avaliable anymore.

that´s not true at all, i can´t buy the music because i first have to open an accaunt on my bank with which i can pay the releases, i don´t want use my parents accaunt that the money may get lost, i have to open an accaunt with not much money on it that it c will be save for me and then i will buy some discs i´ve downloaded because i aktually feel bad about downloading music i like, but some old stuff isn´t avaliable anymore.

567471[/snapback]

Radi, he wasn't talking about you. He was talking about the label owner.

One thing i find very funny is the name of the compilation,Re-birth, like its someting new and unexplored when its just avarge israeli full on.

567617[/snapback]

Perhaps it had a cardiac arrest and someone preformed CPR? Full-on was dead for 26 seconds.

Our friend Rik did the artwork on this one, let's hope it got him a free copy at least.

The first track is also "made in Belgium", by Digicult: what do you guys think of that one? (haven't heard it myself...)

I think you just don't like it because you expected something like ONE LOVE or STARDIVER or other early EU..

But it's good

much better than Silence In Action which agree is totally CRAP and uninspired.. ;)

568442[/snapback]

No, I didn't expect another ONE LOVE or STARDIVER, I was following his opus with other albums too, WAVES, BLUE PLANET, DIVINE DESIGN, UNIFY and they were all some kind of different in their ways, but still having his unique style and bassline...as soon when he added full on bassline, even the melodies can't help, it sucked cause he sold his uniqueness for popularity... :unsure:

No, I didn't expect another ONE LOVE or STARDIVER, I was following his opus with other albums too, WAVES, BLUE PLANET, DIVINE DESIGN, UNIFY and they were all some kind of different in their ways, but still having his unique style and bassline...as soon when he added full on bassline, even the melodies can't help, it sucked cause he sold his uniqueness for popularity... :unsure:

568450[/snapback]

exactky

Guest Cosmogenesis

568450[/snapback]

I completely agree with your comments. And furthermore, I want to say that Boris Blenn destroyed his original style himself with "Cosmic Experience". At its time, "Unify" was, on the contrary, the perfect following of the Electric Universe's musical evolution.

Concerning the topic, I notice that USTA likes to put as their last track an old/new school goa track which has nothing to do with the rest of the compilation: for example, on VA- Loud Frequency 2, the track "Hypernova" of Goasia. For me (this is my own interpretation), their mentality is like: "We put a goa track at the end of the compilation, as we put often an ambient track for the closure of a goa album by the past, and also in the case where the listener will not like it, or something like this". I think this last "oldschool" track in a full-on compilation is very symbolic: goa hasn't almost anymore its place in the trance genre or scene today. Last track, last days of goatrance? ...