Sound quality issues

Hello!

I am an Electric Engineer and a great Goatrance (old-style) fan. I'm not into making goa (well i'm just no artist) but have collected quite some experience when it comes sound stuff, like sound quality issues and related things (mostly from designing audio equipment).

So much about myself, here is my offer:

I noticed that amateur as well as pro goa makers are ruining their music by bad mixing or mastering. Since i like goa very much i am not pleased with that. The best example for ruined tracks is the Ethereal album. Filters on the bass that that delays it so the rhythm is destroyed (makes it nearly unlistenable) and an SNR of maybe 20dB (sounds like an old am-radio).

So I want to help all artists that make old-style stuff in audio quality issues.

If you want to know what could be made better in the tracks you created, discuss a specific property of sound or want some help in selecting studio equipment, just message me, icq or PM.

I'm happy to help everyone in making quality releases, for people preparing a cd or just amateur artists.

I'm not interested in psytrance (unless it reaches some melodic level) and definitly not new-style techno-like fullon so don't contact me if you do that kind of music.

Also i cannot give you artistic advice since i am an engineer not an artist :)

Digi

Hello!

I am an Electric Engineer and a great Goatrance (old-style) fan. I'm not into making goa (well i'm just no artist) but have collected quite some experience when it comes sound stuff, like sound quality issues and related things (mostly from designing audio equipment).

So much about myself, here is my offer:

I noticed that amateur as well as pro goa makers are ruining their music by bad mixing or mastering. Since i like goa very much i am not pleased with that. The best example for ruined tracks is the Ethereal album. Filters on the bass that that delays it so the  rhythm is destroyed (makes it nearly unlistenable) and an SNR of maybe 20dB (sounds like an old am-radio).

So I want to help all artists that make old-style stuff in audio quality issues.

If you want to know what could be made better in the tracks you created, discuss a specific property of sound or want some help in selecting studio equipment, just message me, icq or PM.

I'm happy to help everyone in making quality releases, for people preparing a cd or just amateur artists.

I'm not interested in psytrance (unless it reaches some melodic level) and definitly not new-style techno-like fullon so don't contact me if you do that kind of music.

Also i cannot give you artistic advice since i am an engineer not an artist :)

Digi

555658[/snapback]

Hi Digi.

That's very generous of you. Good karma +3!

• 10 months later...

i have a question

is it possible to retrive the sound from an mp3 file that was burned onto cd as pcm ( an audio cd was made of mp3 files ) ?

make remastering and remove the empty spaces , anything else to make it sound close to original source ?

i have a question

is it possible to retrive the sound from an mp3 file that was burned onto cd as pcm ( an audio cd was made of mp3 files ) ?

make remastering and remove the empty spaces , anything else to make it sound close to original source ?

yes, but it will never sound as the original wav. it will sound as mp3.

better get the original cd, it will be easier.

• 3 weeks later...