Pic of your workarea?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any hardware so it's only a computer which is not that interesting.

537911[/snapback]

Pity. You should invest in a nice controller keyboard... you can pick up a decent one for less than 150EUR - it's worthwhile picking up a good quality one with sliders/faders so tweaking parameters is easier. I found that my first keyboard (the one on the right in the pic) was an essential piece of kit once I got it - inputting notes with the mouse was getting unbelievably annoying!

That is if you can afford to get one. :)

Pity. You should invest in a nice controller keyboard... you can pick up a decent one for less than 150EUR - it's worthwhile picking up a good quality one with sliders/faders so tweaking parameters is easier. I found that my first keyboard (the one on the right in the pic) was an essential piece of kit once I got it - inputting notes with the mouse was getting unbelievably annoying!

537915[/snapback]

Maybe some day I will.

And yes, inputting notes with the mouse is a pain in the ass.

537915[/snapback]

Hello! Not trying to drive the topic too off course, but could you recommend some of the more budget controller keyboards that have rotary knobs, sliders/faders and possibly drum pads aswell. I already know of the M-Audio Axiom series, which looks really good (and would go well with my black with blue lights theme I have going in my studio. May post a pic later) However it's a bit out of my price range at the moment. I need money...

That's a pretty extensive list you got there for a budget keyboard. I'd wait and save up for the M-Audio Axiom - or save up even more and grab a Novation ReMOTE SL - you can always buy one of the smaller models, you don't have to go for the 61 like I did. Those blue LCDs are kick ass, and it also has a few red LEDs on it too. :)

Otherwise, in the budget keyboard market, if you want controllers and keys, you'll need to look at a smaller model - for example this M-Audio Oxygen 8:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MIMOXYGEN8

Or, if you've got a bit more money, try it's bigger brother:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOOXYGEN49

I found that a 49 key keyboard is perfect - I didn't need 61 keys (though I bought the 61SL because Novation didn't provide a 49!!) - but I don't think I could really use a tiny keyboard unless it was for on the go. But for studio purposes I recommend 49 keys.

Your other options can be:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EDIPCRM30

And spend a little more and you've got the Korg MicroKontrol:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--KORMKONTROL

Though that's the same price as the Axiom...

If you're looking for a baseline keyboard, no extra bits, just pick up one of these (this is if you don't have any controllers whatsoever) - I found it extremely helpful:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOKEYSTAT49

But, if you want all the extra features, just save a while. Alternatively, buy a cheap controller just for now and then upgrade. It's up to you. :)

That's a pretty extensive list you got there for a budget keyboard. I'd wait and save up for the M-Audio Axiom - or save up even more and grab a Novation ReMOTE SL - you can always buy one of the smaller models, you don't have to go for the 61 like I did. Those blue LCDs are kick ass, and it also has a few red LEDs on it too.  :)

Haha, yes, I may be asking a bit much! I think I'll save up for the Axiom. It has pretty much all the features (and then some) that I'd need, and is affordable. Getting anything more expensive is really out of the question. But I like the Axiom, so that's fine :D

I'm not sure if I really need all those things, but I suppose I'd find a use for them eventually, and it would save having to upgrade later! I'm still a bit unsure about what things the controls can control in the software. And a bit hazy about what things producers control live, and how. But perhaps that is best left for another thread.

Thanks alot for your help! :)

I'm still a bit unsure about what things the controls can control in the software.

538513[/snapback]

Anything you like. ;)

Nice flat screen Mike A. :)

S-Cube - Digging those funky psychedelic covers you got over your monitors! Sweet! :)

S-Cube - Digging those funky psychedelic covers you got over your monitors! Sweet!  :)

538646[/snapback]

Would you believe i found someone selling them as rags to clean your car with on the roadside back home in pak! :blink:

I bought all of em! :D

Would you believe i found someone selling them as rags to clean your car with on the roadside back home in pak!  :blink:

538775[/snapback]

Really? :blink:

How many did you get?? :)