Possible Colorbox Interview

Otto Matta

Guest Cosmogenesis

Would anyone be interested in a Colorbox interview?

521953[/snapback]

Of course! :D Have you any contact with them or with Bypass Unit members?

No.

521954[/snapback]

So bloody predictable.

Charlie you bastard.

Yes.

I'd like to know what it was like working with Ivo Watts-Russel on This Mortal Coil.

521955[/snapback]

Could you elaborate?

Of course!  :D  Have you any contact with them or with Bypass Unit members?

521999[/snapback]

Yeah, Kenneth from Colorbox has been here recently and I've had a discussion with him. I've asked him several personal questions from my own curiosity, but asked him if maybe he'd prefer a real interview, especially since he's been writing music and may have some stuff to promote. I don't know yet whether or not he'd want to do it, but I wanted to check here anyway to see how much interest there would be.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Yeah, Kenneth from Colorbox has been here recently and I've had a discussion with him. I've asked him several personal questions from my own curiosity, but asked him if maybe he'd prefer a real interview, especially since he's been writing music and may have some stuff to promote. I don't know yet whether or not he'd want to do it, but I wanted to check here anyway to see how much interest there would be.

522025[/snapback]

Great news, man! Nice to learn that he still produces some music, because the guy has definitely a talent! Do you know what kind of music he's producing?

Great news, man! Nice to learn that he still produces some music, because the guy has definitely a talent! Do you know what kind of music he's producing?

522032[/snapback]

Well, I wouldn't want to spoil any of the potential interview, but it's not psy/goa.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Well, I wouldn't want to spoil any of the potential interview, but it's not psy/goa.

522033[/snapback]

Ok, I understand :) But can't wait for it! This interview can't be "potential", but "obligatory" :P

Could you elaborate?

522025[/snapback]

Hmm... in the early/mid 80s members of Colourbox collaborated with Ivo, the head of 4AD Records, on "It'll End In Tears", the first album by This Mortal Coil. However I've just checked the album artwork and the Colourbox members credited are Steven and Martyn Young, so I guess I was wrong. There is also the possibility that I'm talking about a completely different Colourbox, although I do remember some of the stuff they were doing back then could be considered a definite precursor to some of today's electronic music.

All this notwithstanding I would urge everyone to do whatever they can to obtain at least the first two albums by This Mortal Coil, in particular the second one, "Filigree and Shadow", as they contain much of the most beautiful music written anywhere, by anyone, at any time.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Hmm... in the early/mid 80s members of Colourbox collaborated with Ivo, the head of 4AD Records, on "It'll End In Tears", the first album by This Mortal Coil.  However I've just checked the album artwork and the Colourbox members credited are Steven and Martyn Young, so I guess I was wrong.  There is also the possibility that I'm talking about a completely different Colourbox, although I do remember some of the stuff they were doing back then could be considered a definite precursor to some of today's electronic music.

All this notwithstanding I would urge everyone to do whatever they can to obtain at least the first two albums by This Mortal Coil, in particular the second one, "Filigree and Shadow", as they contain much of the most beautiful music written anywhere, by anyone, at any time.

522061[/snapback]

Colorbox or Colourbox? :blink:

Ok, I understand  :)  But can't wait for it! This interview can't be "potential", but "obligatory"  :P

522037[/snapback]

I guess it comes down to what Kenneth thinks.

It's definitely not the people you're thinking of, Colin.

I did an interview with Colorbox and sent it to mars about a year ago. It's still sitting around somewhere I guess?

I could try to dig up a draft - maybe you could do a better interview from it.

522079[/snapback]

Okay, I'll look into it; it really depends on what Kenneth has to say.

While I was living in Copenhagen a few years back, Rene from Bypass Unit and Color Box actually had a small studio in the same apartment as me. I didn't have much contact with him though, but did hear some small sneak peaks of his music at the time, and it was surely on the progressive side.

I don't know what have happened since then (over 1½ years has passed), but I think his new project was called Haze, and he's played at a couple of parties up here under that name. As I recall, there was also a party with a Color Box liveset a while back, but I haven't been to any of those parties myself.

• 3 weeks later...

yes i am interested , im a big fan of colorbox and , i must say colorbox fuckin rules , sorry my language but truth gotta be said :)

536491[/snapback]

:D

LB, Kenneth told me he'd be interested in doing the interview when he remasters his tracks and creates a new website for them - and possibly some other stuff, I don't know.