Organic Records

faze

Just got New Generation today. Been totally digging it. Looking through the case, I really like this artwork style they have been going with lately.

The recurring theme on each new comp from Organic is cool.

I just wish they went with Digipak. :P

Going to look into some other of their releases now.

Just got New Generation today. Been totally digging it. Looking through the case, I really like this artwork style they have been going with lately.

The recurring theme on each new comp from Organic is cool.

I just wish they went with Digipak. :P

Going to look into some other of their releases now.

515848[/snapback]

Have a look at the older ones…

For example "FREE YOUR FUNKY CHICKEN"

That is a great illustration style…

The new ones are rather medium quality to me.

Ah, thanks.

They are the ones with the speaker stuff. I don't like it much.

516139[/snapback]

Hey bud, that's cool. Thanks for joining the conversation though. It was exactly what I was looking for, other people's opinions, agreeing or disagreeing. It's what I come here for.

I just think the artwork is unique, and fun. Stands out to me. I hope they continue to use this guy's work.

Hey bud, that's cool. Thanks for joining the conversation though. It was exactly what I was looking for, other people's opinions, agreeing or disagreeing. It's what I come here for.

I just think the artwork is unique, and fun. Stands out to me. I hope they continue to use this guy's work.

516147[/snapback]

Yes, it stands out. But to use it on "every" record is pretty boring I think.

Yes, it stands out. But to use it on "every" record is pretty boring I think.

516148[/snapback]

As far as I can gather it's about building a niche for the label in the current flooded market; the covers are well-designed, colourful and stand out amongst shelves full of generic digital artwork. In addition the continuing theme provides a kind of story that gives people something else to 'hook onto' in recognising the label. Some people might not like the style, but the fact that they are aware enough of the artwork to have an opinion shows that, to some extent, it's doing its job :)

As far as I can gather it's about building a niche for the label in the current flooded market; the covers are well-designed, colourful and stand out amongst shelves full of generic digital artwork.  In addition the continuing theme provides a kind of story that gives people something else to 'hook onto' in recognising the label.  Some people might not like the style, but the fact that they are aware enough of the artwork to have an opinion shows that, to some extent, it's doing its job :)

516234[/snapback]

Stand out amongst the shelves full of generic digital artwork?

I bet 99% of "psy-heads" buys online no?

There are no shelves with psytrance in Sweden I can tell you that.

But then again, they might stand out on a site as well. So just replace shelves with online stores and we are fine.

But then again, they might stand out on a site as well. So just replace shelves with online stores and we are fine.

516238[/snapback]

Phew... thanks Insejn, I was worried then for a minute.

As far as I can gather it's about building a niche for the label in the current flooded market; the covers are well-designed, colourful and stand out amongst shelves full of generic digital artwork.  In addition the continuing theme provides a kind of story that gives people something else to 'hook onto' in recognising the label.  Some people might not like the style, but the fact that they are aware enough of the artwork to have an opinion shows that, to some extent, it's doing its job :)

516234[/snapback]

Maybe I am a sucker for marketing, but it appears to be working on me. :)

I agree with the above quote.

f

516238[/snapback]

No Shelves with Psy Trance? That's very sad. Here in Japan the shelves are full of it. I love shopping in real shops, it somehow feels more satisfying when you find something great.

Not a single psytrance type CD on the shelves here in Chicago. VERY rarely you may find a Hallucinogen or Shpongle CD in the Import section for $35.

Plenty of Fiddy Cent and Eminem for you though.

Hip Hop is the most popular thing over here too. The Japanese stuff I actually quite like, it's all life affirming lyrics and is quite nice. The american "kill ya bitch" style gets tiresome.

In japan though the record stores are huge. In Shibuya there is a 7 floor Tower records, next to a 6 floor HMV and even the local stores are huge. Of course in these stores there is loads of rock, pop and hip hop but the electronic sections are pretty huge too and they always have a load of psy stuff. Japan is quite expensive though, usually about 2500 yen (25 dollars/15pounds) for 1 CD.

I loved the artwork by the way. I'm one of those who is swayed by nice covers and cool track names :)

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I'm really happy to find this thread. We ahve been trying hard to create our own unique style for graphics.

Someone asked why we dont go with Digipacks... well the simple answer is they cost way more than plastic cases, and we sell so few copies of a CD that at this point it makes no sense to do it.

If you bought more of our stuff, especially as we dropped our prices on our shop to the lowest possbile (check http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=37983) then we could do it, and believe me, I would really love to....

516234[/snapback]

= Organic Records trade-mark. to put it in a simple way. :)