new dark tracks

alleycat

Ive uploaded 3 of my best and newest songs onto ACIDplanet. THey are darkpsy, inspired mainly by the Russian and SOuth African styles. I do try to make the style my own.

I use Renoise Tracker to create the songs, along with all manner of freeware VST's. I use Kristal Audio Engine for final mastering, which makes it sound much better than Renoise alone. Let me know what you think!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=500173&T=4942

really that bad huh? Can anyoine tell me whats wrong with the songs?

man, i only downed your first track; atomic brain...

and there it quits...

my only comment is that you still have to learn... a lot.

altough i'm not a producer myself i think i 've listened quite enough psytrance to tell you you should first optimize your sounds before showing of with your stuff...

btw i don't feel any 'dark' atmosphere init man...

take notice i don't want to burn you down or so hé ;)

it's just my opinion...

namasté

well I do know that song needs some work, and Im not trying to put these out there as professional or anything. I work with freeware vst's and free samples.

THe bassline in that song is really REALLY deep, like you wouldnt hear it if you dont have good bass response. This is my newest song, as a result it hasnt had a lot of time to "stew" so to speak, I havent really gone back into it and messed everything around. I like the sound of it the way it is, and if you think Ive got a lot to learn, you should've heard my OLD stuff from like 1.5 yrs ago.

ok man, no problem ;)

i've heard your track again on some quite good headphones instead of my computerspeakers and idd it sounded much better... wrote my reaction a little bit to quick i suppose, butt it's still not perfect though ;)

nice to see you believe in your music, that means we are most possible going to hear more from you in the future...

take care

peaz

My friend, Renoise is quite bad for this kind of music I believe... You may want to invest in a different program to get the tools and functionality.

A tracker like that might be really uncomfortable to work in in terms of the synths and all that, and I think you can tell with the comments you are getting about sound quality ;)

If you are looking to more closely match the psy sound you hear today, (or 10 years ago, your choice in style), a different program and its synths might help you out.

Keep producing though, although everyone agrees these tracks could use more work, I think you have what it takes to get better and improve with each track you produce.

I actually sort of enjoyed Dropship B) Some nice ideas in it.

However the sound quality in all three tracks is very poor... you should indeed consider switching to another program! Since you are using VST's anyway I think it won't be a problem for you!

I listened to Dropship and I liked it as well. You good some good ideas with arrangement of sounds. Its really nice how they work together. The percussion work is very nice, good work with the hihats. You might however still need to improve the quality of the sounds themselves. And mastering, well, you got to work on that. But the tune sounds promising, with a little Dark Nebula influence :)

thanks all for your good words of encouragement and advice. I do want to use a better program, but as of right now I cant really afford something like Cubase SX, or high-end VSTi's. Not at the moment, at least.