New Tracks from Synogen

Aeros

Its been 6 months or so since I've released anything solo as Synogen, but here is my re-debut. I've improved an increadible amount since I last posted any Synogen tracks on here and I'd like to show everyone my new track.

Balkan - Uplifting beautiful trance. I tried to keep it as unique and original as I can and I'm hoping this modern prodution could be deemed Neo goa? You decide.

Stream and download is only availible at Acidplanet for now (I have to make a Synogen beatbiz account)

Clicky ---> http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=781903&T=9421

If you want to download the track...a reminder that registering at Acidplanet is free and you can download music from anyone on there as well as review their music.

I'm very interested in the response this will recieve. Feedback is much appreciated as well as needed since I have more stuff like this in the works.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Well, Synogen, what can I say except I very but very like your newest solo project's piece! Great work, man, as always, I have any bad criticism to write about it. :)

"Beautiful" is the perfect adjective for describing this wonderful & lovely track which provides first of all happiness & joy with me. Your high quality sound with the dimensional 3D leads & melodic oscillations is a big pleasure for the ears! I like also your traditional "balkanic" touch at the end of the track.

Definitely something innovative inside with some "dancing galaxy" influences with a"happy feeling". That's why I agree with u : it's NEO-GOA.

I advice u to keep this new style for your upcoming productions, because IMO I think it original & pretty unique, and it gives new orientations for the goatrance genre. :)

Thanks syno for putting a review of my track in the acid planet.

but i am feeling so sad :( that i cannot hear or review your track. its all bcos im browsing always from a cyber cafe. here there is no speakers.

i say Sorry to all the people who post their tracks here :(

nice effort there!

i enjoyed the sounds, melodies and build-up until late in the track. then it seemed a bit "out of ideas".

have to say i liked it despite the fact that my personal taste calls for a bit harder bass, maybe "deeper" and i enjoy dirtier sounds in general ..

Anyone else? :) its a good song...;)

Rate it out of 10 for me if you're too lazy to write more than a few sentances

511231[/snapback]

Usually when I don't like a song, I simply don't answer. I won't "rate it out of 10" as I think it would be a bit disrepectful.

I'll talk about your others track instead, since I never heard them before.

First let me tell you that I was extremely impressed by your ambient track "Forever Lone". I saw in your profile that you started composing in late 2004, which means that it's one of your first track : almost unbelievable.

Spiritual Awakening was also very nice. It's just as good as your tracks under the name Mindcrawlers.

Last but not least, your track "Perfect Symmetry" is the best one I've heard from you. I can't really explain why: the production isn't perfect and some part could be improved but it really gives me great feelings......

Hehe, wow seems the response to balkan is rather separated, some people really like it, others don't like it at all, theres no inbetween ;) I guess i'll go back to the drawing bored in terms of looking for a style, though I like each track I produce and try to do something new every time until I find a sound I like.

The problem with much of my old synogen tracks (all of them excluding Balkan) is that I was inexperienced with production and everything in general back then. Some sounds might sound rough or poor, transitions might be lame or underwhelming, etc. Some "expiraments" I feel bad about later on, like Spiritual Awakening, parts of it are just too overkill. But thank you very much for the nice comments. A perfect symmetry was perhaps my most deviated track that is still influenced by the goa sound. It was more of an art attempt than trying to make goa.

Once again thanks for the feedback, if anyone has some time, it would really help if you point out which specific parts of songs they like since I try to expirament alot (one reason why the songs are so long and go through so many transitions). Give time markers for what you like, for example the build up and release at 4:00 on Goa Coaster, I've had alot of people tell me that was amazing ;) When I know what people like, I can use more of that in future songs.

I'm kinda with Unikos on this one. It starts amazingly and stays that way for the first half or so, then it gets a little tired, runs short on steam. I really like the sound usage and the general structure, though.

Starting now....

I like the intro synth alot nice little drift to it...

Like the bouncing hats alot, that gives me awesome ideas that I forgot about.

Good little start so far.

Wow really like that bendy melodic lead that came in now, after first mini break.

Another nice sounding melody, and it's back together again. I really like that bouncy rhythm behind the melodies sounds like some kinda saw based synth, but like it alot.

Nice drifting tune, I could imagine the sun coming up or have just come up at an outdoor event. Just lightly dancing in the dirt, feeling good :)

Okay main break down...I like the synth in there but maybe doing something more interesting with the flanger would help. Though I like how it crosses the other synths that come in. Just seems kinda like the plain old flanger sound you've heard so many times. No offence, just a suggestion more.

Seems kinda like a progressive track. I like the section around 5:40 or so. Just kinda has a nice feel to it.

Can't really comment on the quality much, sounds pretty good, though i'm not on the greatest speakers right now, but...thats kinda a good thing too. If it sounds good on not so good speakers I guess.

Overall very good track, kinda relaxing for me, thank you. Keep up the good work :)

Thank you mystic morning :) It is afterall, my twist on modern morning goa...

Concerning Balkan...the section from 6:36 to 8:15 is either Hit or Miss I believe. If you were enjoying the song beforehand, you enjoy that trance section. However if you weren't feeling it much, that is where I loose most people.

That being said, and having said I'm still interested in this style albeit some people requesting more aggressive things (look to mindcrawlers for that ;) ) I would like to get some early opinions on my second track...

CLICK HERE TO Download

This is an early draft and has only one synth layer (the leads), taken around on abit of a brainstorming spree aranging some melodies and trying to express some feelings.

This track is more emotional (it is inspired by feelings of love...:P) if you are paying attention you will notice that the track continues where Balkan left off. I've always dreamed of comming together with an entirely seemless album that flows from one style and emotion into another by the means of each track. I don't know if these two songs will be on the album, but I'd like to produce a handful of tracks with this idea in mind as a proof of concept.

What feedback am I looking for? Well, firstly I'm still searching for good melodies, there are alot in there, help me out by pointing out which you don't like or think can be improved. But mostly, I'd like to know if the melodies ring a bell for anyone, what is your general feeling on the sound/style?

Nice tracks for relaxing and dreaming, fine melodies and atmospheres, good work...

My little critics go to absence of any percussive instruments and very standart 909-like hats - try more experiment with little different hi-hats sound, or try some effecting and editing of hi-hats - i think that classic 909 open/close hats aren't soo impresive at present days.. (but this is only my subjective feeling ;-))

But i must say this is definitely one of tracks which are very good to listen and what i like on it is the "oldskool goa" feeling - i LIKE this very much :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

I think it isn't necessary for me to make an other full comment for this other masterpiece, Synogen, because Lullaby is on the same line with "Balkan": same relaxing/lovely feeling, same great inspiration, quite similar morphic leads, same high quality sound.

The only problem for me is the time of this track: too short for my taste, I would have prefered a 8-9 min version of it, because I very but very like it! :P

Hope to see more stuff from you like those two wonderfull tracks soon! And don't forget also your mindcrawlers project! :D

BTW: don't forget to put also your track on acidplanet.

very nice uplifting tune, not cheesy like some can be, very unique. I like it! Its nice to hear something new in the morning/prog area. Reminds me, not of the sounds, but the feelings of oldschool. Very optimistic trance!