Sonica 2006

flyer: http://www.shpongle.com/image/flyer.jpg

The lineup looks ...pretty convincing to say the least!!

This is by far the best chill stage I have ever seen! Eat Static, Younger Brother, Ott, Tripswitch, Gaudi, Greg Hunter, the whole Ultimae family, even Neil Perch from Zion Train!

And the main stage looks much more balanced than last year (Freq, Atmos, Zen Mechanics, Ticon, Jaia, Even 11, Prometheus, Tristan, Hallucinogen..all live?? whoohoo!!!)

we're in for a pizza diet again this summer...

Cant wait for this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And counting down the days...+ 2 all cant niss sets of friends of mine...Woohoo

:D

• 1 month later...

Ok. So I´m going. But that´s it for the good news...

ummm.... :blink:

Is it me or is the Sonica-website taking a piss??!!

Not only is their English exceptionally bad... it is damn near impossible to order tickets??!!! Can anyone please help me?

I´ve spent 30 mins trying to figure out that arse of a website. Now, after a frustratingly lame login-procedure, I´m being redirected to a PayPal-site which is in ITALIAN!!! I just haven´t got a clue how to order tickets :angry:

Anyway, I´m really anxious to go (in spite of the monumental fuck-up of the festival´s webcrew). Can any of my fellow psynews-users help me out? ;)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Sonica for sure looks awesome this year: Hallucinogen, Etnica, Tristan, Space Tribe, Joti Sidhu, Ozric Tentacles (!)... We can't ask more than all those famous artists! :)

Well, I will probably take the Ferry Boat from Igoumenitsa in Greece and go to Italy this summer :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hello members of Sonica2005 !

I am Lidia from Poland. I am studing Tourism at university in Warsaw. I was at Sonica2005 last

year.

I was really enjoy to visit Sonica :))) so I decided write my research work about Sonica2005. I

will happy

if You complete my survey/questionnaire. There is only 13 questions about Sonica2005 and

Your feelings.

kisses,Lidia

lidia_osytek@o2.pl

<<<<Questionnaire>>>>>

The questionnaire was made for the members of Sonica2005. Please read the questions carefully!

I. Have You ever been on the Electronic Music Festival like Sonica2005 ?

1. yes

2. no

If yes, please mark, in which part of the world You were last time (before Sonica2005). Mark only one answer:

1. Europe

2. Asia

3. Australia

4. South America

5. North America

6. Africa

II. Why do You spend time on the trance festivals? (Choose only three, in Your opinion, the most important answers):

1. because of the unique character of festivals

2. because of possibility of travelling

3. because of music

4. becouse of possibility to meet people from the whole World

5. because of the special atmosphere

6. because of possibility to work there

III. Why did You choose The Sonica2005 Festival among many festivals in the World?

(Choose only three, in Your opinion, the most important answers):

1. because of interesting Line up

2. because of climate and location

3. because of travelling with friends

4. out of curiosity

5. because I like smaller festivals

6. because I take an active part in the Sonica2005 (I am an artist, organizer, staff)

IV. What kind of transport had You chosen to arrive at Sonica?

1. my own

2. public transport

V. What is Your opinion about the Sonica2005?

1. definitely low

2. low

3. neither low nor high

4. high

5. definitely high

VI. What is Your opinion about the service and staff on the Sonica2005?

1. definitely not professional

2. not professional

3. neither professional nor not professional

4. professional

5. definitely professional

VII. What is Your opinion about the attitude of the local community?

1. definitely negative

2. negative

3. neither negative nor positive

4. positive

5. definitely positive

VIII. What is Your satisfaction level after Sonica2005?

1. definitely not satisfied

2. not satisfied

3. neither satisfied nor not satisfied

4. satisfied

5. definitely satisfactioned

IX. Do You think that Sonica2005 Festival is a cultural event?

1. yes

2. no

If yes, because of: (Put in order according to importance. Use marks 1-5)

· music and dance are the expression of culture

· travels educate

· rich cultural programme

· contact with people from the whole World is most important

· because this kind of festival is an example of spiritual and material heritage

X. What was the most impressive thing on Sonica2005? (Put in order according to importance. Use marks 1-4)

· music

· positive atmosphere

· contact with interesting people

· service and staff

XI. Are You going to continue visiting festivals?

1. yes

2. no

XII. Do You think that trance festivals will develop?

1. yes

2. no

If yes, because of: (Choose only one answer)

1. the organizers try to fully satisfy members of the festival

2. the trance music still gains new fans

3. there are still places in the World, where the festivals are something new

4. local community start to be more friendly for the festival events

5. cultural programms on the festivals are getting richer

XIII. Your suggested changes concerning the organization of Sonica2005

(What would You like to change in Sonica)

Personal details:

1. Name/Nick..... 3. sex 4 . education 5.nationality a) male a) elementary .......................

2. Age B) female B) secondary c) higher

a) before 18

B) 19-30

c) 30-40

d) 40-50

e) up to 50

Thanks for Your time!

flyer: http://www.shpongle.com/image/flyer.jpg

The lineup looks ...pretty convincing to say the least!!

This is by far the best chill stage I have ever seen! Eat Static, Younger Brother, Ott, Tripswitch, Gaudi, Greg Hunter, the whole Ultimae family, even Neil Perch from Zion Train!

And the main stage looks much more balanced than last year (Freq, Atmos, Zen Mechanics, Ticon, Jaia, Even 11, Prometheus, Tristan, Hallucinogen..all live?? whoohoo!!!)

we're in for a pizza diet again this summer...

496550[/snapback]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone knows of a nice & cheap place to stay in Rome?

552673[/snapback]

There are tons, but I can't think of one just out of the top of my head.

There are tons, but I can't think of one just out of the top of my head.

558203[/snapback]

No problem, we already booked some hostel which wasn't too expensive (but not cheap)

Another question for the Sonica-veterans: do you guys have any suggestions on what we could do àfter the festival? We've got a coupple of days before we fly back to Belgium on August 28th...

No problem, we already booked some hostel which wasn't too expensive (but not cheap)

Another question for the Sonica-veterans: do you guys have any suggestions on what we could do àfter the festival? We've got a coupple of days before we fly back to Belgium on August 28th...

558212[/snapback]

Chillout at the lake with the best cocktails ever, visit Rome and Vaticancity. ;)

Rome is an incredible town... I really suggest, if you haven't yet, you pay it visit!

Vatican, Coliseum, Fontana di Trevi.. Campidoglio.. Partenon..

Fantastic! 2-3 days... some nice restaurants, bistros..

And the weather should be pleasant..

Hello beautiful people,

here in Capodimonte things are proceeding really well, all our decoration team is here already working on the field. Things are coming together, few friends around and Sonica is definetely taking shape!!

Presales are now closed, thank to all of you who bought a ticket, it will be massive!

Some useful informations about how to get here:

Coming by car:

From North:

Get highway A1 towards Rome

Get out at Orvieto towards Bolsena, Montefiascone, Acquapendente,

after 14 km Get right towards Acquapendente

After 14 km go straight towards Pitigliano

After 10 km left towards Valentano

Turn left to Capodimonte

Turn right towards Piansano

From South:

Get highway A1 towards Florence

Get out at Orte towards Viterbo

Get out at Siena – Montefiascone

Turn left towards Capodimonte

Turn left towards Piansano

For maps and more detailed informations, check http://www.viamichelin.com

By Plane:

From Ciampino airport:

You can get a direct coach to Sonica. That's obviously the best choice since you just get out of the plane and sit on the bus that will directly bring you to the festival!

From Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci aiport:

From the train station located into the airport terminal itself, you can get a train to Orte (the train station is located inside the airport terminal).

There will be coaches going from Orte train station to Sonica.

The bus company we are working with is called "Terravision" and you will easily recognize them!

By train:

Get a train to Orte. You can check timetables and routes on http://www.trenitalia.com.

BUS PRICES AND TIMETABLES WILL BE PUBLISHED SOON!

See you here!

Edoardo

The bus company we are working with is called "Terravision" and you will easily recognize them!

By train:

Get a train to Orte. You can check timetables and routes on http://www.trenitalia.com.

BUS PRICES AND TIMETABLES WILL BE PUBLISHED SOON!

See you here!

Edoardo

561526[/snapback]

Now you got me confused because on the website it says:

By Train

Both from Milan and Rome, catch a train to Viterbo (from Milan you need to change at Orte). From Viterbo bus "CoTral" to Capodimonte

So from Rome: do we get a train to Orte or Viterbo ???

Or will there be busses from both stations?

Now you got me confused because on the website it says:

By Train

Both from Milan and Rome, catch a train to Viterbo (from Milan you need to change at Orte). From Viterbo bus "CoTral" to Capodimonte

So from Rome: do we get a train to Orte or Viterbo ???

Or will there be busses from both stations?

562699[/snapback]

>> When I went last year I went from Rome to VITERBO and in Viterbo you catch the BUS to Capodimonte just from outside of the train station, but you need to buy the bus tickets at the news-stand or a convenience store across this street/avenue..

Off the train station, make a LEFT.. if there are no bus tickets at the newsstand keep going past the newsstand, cross the street and there's a drug/convenience store selling them as well if I'm not mistaken :)

By the way.. When I got to Capodimonte last year I had to walk at least 1km with all my stuff, sort of UP HILL (not steep at all, nothing like the Bulgarian mountains :lol: )...

Since we took off the bus in the middle of kinda nowhere there weren't no taxis or anything.. ;) Shave your legs and show it off.. perhaps you'll find a ride haha

Have fun guys... I'm sure it will be a blast!! B)

• 3 weeks later...

So, just came back from 2 wonderful weeks in Italy - and 5 days at Sonica 2006!

I arrived Thursday around 2 o'clock in staggering 35 degrees heat - and right before a pretty big fire at the entrance-area. Shockingly enough it took the fire brigade something like 45 minutes to show up, but luckily a lot of partygoers took action and brought the fire under control by themselves. Big thumbs up for that.

Afterwards I met up with some old friends from Holland, Sweden, Spain, England and Denmark and had a few beers before I set up my tent and gazebo before finally going to sleep pretty early in the evening.

Friday was spent meeting more old friends, chilling at the chilloutstage for the first part of the day before going to the mainstage to catch the opening act Yage, which was more than one hour delayed. I had never heard of Yage before, so I didn't know what to expect - it turned out to be quite mediocre full on, and I really feel it was a mistake putting them as an opening act for the festival. I don't remember most of the rest of the lineup for Friday, apart catching a few tunes from Dino Psaras set early in the night - even with some Cydonia-material in there if I'm not mistaken. I was pretty tired and wanted to catch the progressive daytime on Saturday, so I went to bed pretty early though.

Saturday was mainly spent at the mainstage - it was the first time I was dancing, so I was quite glad that there was plenty of shade to block the dancers from the staggering sun (there was even 40 degrees in the shade!). I missed Polaris in the morning, but caught most of Peter Digitals set. He started out with progressive psy (with an interesting remix of Union Jack) but turned more and more towards housey electro stuff. Ok set, but not the best I've heard from him. Silicon Sound and Jaias Even11-project was on afterwards and they started with the amazing "Oblivion" (with an alternative intro) but also turned into a more electro-progressive sound with lots of trancey elements. Very much like the Silicon Sound remix of Side-A's "Synopsis". I think it was D-Nox and Beckers who went on afterwards with a DJ-set, followed by Ticon and Atmos - all 3 where pretty good, but with Atmos as my personal favourite, with a lot of new unreleased material.

After a long break where we could hear some terribly misplaced trance-music in the chillout, Ozric Tentacles went on the mainstage in the beginning of the evening. I had only heard little material by them before the festival, and even though it hadn't impressed me a lot, I had kindda liked it. The organisers deserve some credit for having guts to book a non-trance act for the mainstage, but in all honesty their liveset turned out to be a huge disappointment for me personally. Prometheus who went on afterwards definitely cheered me up though, as he delivered one of the best sets of the festival - he started out with the track he recently made available for download, followed by some well-known material slowly raising the intensity before finishing with some truly mindbending intense psychedelic nightmusic. Wow. After hearing the first 2 full-on tracks by the DJ who went on afterwards, I quickly went to bed to catch the Ultimae-day in the chillout on Sunday.

Sunday started in the chillout with the Ultimae-dedicated day. I missed Carbon Based Lifeforms, but did manage to catch some of the Ultimae DJ's and AES Dana live - he finished a great set with well-deserved applause after playing what sounded like a really cool remix of Etnicas "Triptonite". At 14:30 I went for the mainstage to hear Zen Mechanics live, and he really rocked the floor. His set was more full on than I had expected, but definitely of high quality - fun, quirky and very enjoyable. Tristan went on live afterwards and his set was equally amazing, starting out with a groovy Beach Boys-inspired intro and playing some really outstanding festival-trance. Allaby took over after Tristan, and his set was even better - he has an incredible drive to his music you don't find with many artists. I think the best fit description could be that it's close to the new Man With No Name material, but with a progressive edge.

After some pretty hefty alcohol-consumption it all got pretty hazy, but I know that FREq took over after a progressive DJ-set (the DJ even played some FREq-material, how weird is that?) and his set was kind of ok - his music always rocks the crowd, but I wasn't very impressed. The highlight of his set also happened on the dancefloor where 3 guys, chasing a ball went straight in the mud in front of the stage, followed by one of them mooning the entire dancefloor - to much applause ;) Jaïa played a nice set afterwards (although not as good as his outstanding set at VooV last year), followed by a liveset by D-Nox and Beckers. Even though it to me felt very misplaced in the dark evening, I'm guessing it was good, but I'm afraid the alcohol left out the details - the same goes for Younger Brother in the chillout later that same evening.

Monday was the last day for me - and unfortunately I had to leave pretty early so I missed Panick and Hallucinogen on the mainstage and Gaudi, Eat Static, Ott and Tripswitch in the chillout - at that point I was kind of upset that the organisers put so many of the headliners in the chillout on the last day when the lineup on the first days were a lot "weaker".

Sonica was a great festival, even though it wasn't as well-organised as I had thought, with trouble with the lineup, powerfailures, delays etc. There weren't as many people as I had expected - which definitely was a good thing, as the atmosphere was really positive and quite intimate despite the very international crowd.

What I've heard from people who where there last year, was that the food was amazing - and I definitely concur, even though the prices at some of the stalls where a bit too high for my liking.

If I where to change something for next year concerning the music, I would have preferred a few more hours of progressive during the day (and not in the dark, like D-Nox & Beckers live), another act than Yage to open the mainstage, a better soundsystem in the chillout and no trance-music in the chillout. But generally I was very pleased, and I heard a lot of memorable sets.

Thanks to the organisers for a lovely (but hot and dusty!) festival. Hope to see you again next year.

Nope. I was in the chillout at 16:00 on friday like we had agreed beforehand, but couldn't really recognize any psynewsers :(

Oh well, mets lots of other wonderful people at the festival :)