psy-harmonics

technosomy

have read a few comments lately in various places about their music etc

quite often i have heard people say '' i have no interest in the psy-harmonics orgainisation except their music" have i missed something???????????????????????????

what's their background i know they are australian(i live in australia)

otherwise don't know much, i have heaps of their stuff,but must have missed something

Or maybe they're just post- mental hospital.

494680[/snapback]

yes but these people are implying something about the label.

i get the feeling its political.

who knows them well eg when they started up were they contriversal in some way

I wouldn't think so, but wait for Ukiro :)

He knows ;)

495088[/snapback]

Acutally, I don't have a clue what this might be about. As far as I know, Psy-Harmonics haev no hidden agenda or dark past. I don't think they'd have survived for 13 years if they fucked artists over, either. It's a top class label.

i had the honour of meeting andrew till (gus' bro and "main man" of psyharmonics) in the naoussa "magical forest" festival in greece some years ago..

i've also heard lots of their stuff...

now i'm sure they re not trying to bring anything political through their label. they just promote "weird psychedelic music" if you will. also, i dont think they actually care to "establish themselves" in the trance market anymore. maybe the difference of psyharmonics and other labels is in what they enjoy(taste) and their background.

for example ollie olsen who is also part of the label, i think, in more ways than just publishing his music, used to play punk rock back in the day, before becoming the avant-garde electronic music composer he is now. (psyharmonics people are older than what you'd expect)

the label started with goa-stuff but has evolved a lot. maybe you know their rip van hippy releases.

a good indication of what they're into are the "shaolin wooden men". if im not mistaken they still dont say who makes up this band, but its implied its the psyharmonics crew..

now the shaolin sound is very distinctive and can only be described by what agia_igoumeni wrote ; )

a visit to their website is well worth it. you'll see they got an ambient branch now and are selling imports from japan. stuff like AOA, psychedelic rock with synths, music i can't describe ; ) also industrial flavored stuff (snog)...

from their WEBSITE:

Welcome to Psy-Harmonics

Australia's pioneering independent electronic label, distributors and online shop

Home to Shaolin Wooden Men, Hesius Dome, Rip Van Hippy, Ollie Olsen, Black Lung and many more great artists from Australia and beyond who continue to develop and explore the vast territories of our sonic landscape.

now i'm sure they re not trying to bring anything political through their label. they just promote "weird psychedelic music" if you will. also, i dont think they actually care to "establish themselves" in the trance market anymore. maybe the difference of psyharmonics and other labels is in what they enjoy(taste) and their background.

for example ollie olsen who is also part of the label, i think, in more ways than just publishing his music, used to play punk rock back in the day, before becoming the avant-garde electronic music composer he is now. (psyharmonics people are older than what you'd expect)

the label started with goa-stuff but has evolved a lot. maybe you know their rip van hippy releases.

495113[/snapback]

they establish theirselves as "experimental psychedelic electronics" since 2001 B)

about OLLIE come on PUNK ROCK MATE..all his releases except emptiness has many punk rock elements...

i had the honour of meeting andrew till (gus' bro and "main man" of psyharmonics) in the naoussa "magical forest" festival in greece some years ago..

i've also heard lots of their stuff...

a good indication of what they're into are the "shaolin wooden men". if im not mistaken they still dont say who makes up this band, but its implied its the psyharmonics crew..

now the shaolin sound is very distinctive and can only be described by what agia_igoumeni wrote ; )

a visit to their website is well worth it.  you'll see they got an ambient branch now and are selling imports from japan. stuff like AOA, psychedelic rock with synths, music i can't describe ; ) also industrial flavored stuff (snog)... 

from their WEBSITE:

Welcome to Psy-Harmonics

Australia's pioneering independent electronic label, distributors and online shop

Home to Shaolin Wooden Men, Hesius Dome, Rip Van Hippy, Ollie Olsen, Black Lung and many more great artists from Australia and beyond who continue to develop and explore the vast territories of our sonic landscape.

495113[/snapback]

thanks everyone i can see now, because of their avant garde experimental agendas,these so called critics are putting them in as having an "different agenda"to everyone else.

i have loads of psy-harmonics releases and love them all in different ways.

and as ukiro put it they havn't lasted for 13 years for nothing.

does this make them the longest running label????????????????

and as ukiro put it they havn't lasted for 13 years for nothing.

does this make them the longest running label????????????????

495265[/snapback]

Phantasm also started in 1993, and are still alive. However, they released NOTHING during 2002 and were thought to be dead... Dragonfly also started in 1993, slightly before Phantasm even, and are sort of alive, although from what I understand Dragonfly is pretty much put on ice. Sublabel LSD seems to do a bit better though.

But if you judge musical vitality, Psy-Harmonics has outdone both of those a hundred times over. Long Live Psy-Harmonics! I have 24 of their releases, but that's too few =)

Phantasm also started in 1993, and are still alive. However, they released NOTHING during 2002 and were thought to be dead... Dragonfly also started in 1993, slightly before Phantasm even, and are sort of alive, although from what I understand Dragonfly is pretty much put on ice. Sublabel LSD seems to do a bit better though.

But if you judge musical vitality, Psy-Harmonics has outdone both of those a hundred times over. Long Live Psy-Harmonics! I have 24 of their releases, but that's too few =)

495276[/snapback]

24's pretty good though

whats your favorite?

mine would have to be psyko disko,hacking reality myth,supermindway

24's pretty good though

whats your favorite?

495303[/snapback]

I only have 15 :( , that rip van hippy album is REALLY GOOD and still trying to get "When Bernie Was A Tree", also trying to get more psy harmonics releases…

mind helping me out ;) work some deal?

I only have 15 :( , that rip van hippy album is REALLY GOOD and still trying to get "When Bernie Was A Tree", also trying to get more psy harmonics releases…

mind helping me out ;) work some deal?

495407[/snapback]

I don't have any duplicates I'm afraid. But perhaps you should check out their site, they are super nice to deal with, and always send you stickers and stuff with each parcel. They still have some very nice stuff in stock...

24's pretty good though

whats your favorite?

495303[/snapback]

Some of my favourites are:

Psyko Disko - Psycho Disco

http://www.discogs.com/release/140786

Reflecta - Creatures / Itchy Witches Of Androgenetico

http://www.discogs.com/release/106800

Various - Psy-Harmonics Vol. 3 - Hacking The Reality Myth

http://www.discogs.com/release/234726

Ollie Olsen - Emptiness

http://www.discogs.com/release/184789

Shaolin Wooden Men - Supermindway

http://www.discogs.com/release/43055

Various - Experience - Psy-Harmonics Volume 5

http://www.discogs.com/release/150829

Aye,

One of my fave labels, they always have had a quirky personal touch about them, and have released some top stuff. Not mediocre, like 99% of today`s labels.

• 7 months later...