Artifakts II track list

DeathPosture

Right, I might be anal here, but there's something very strange about the Artifakt - Artifakts II tracklist...

Both Discogs and my Winamp lists the tracklist as follows:

1      Zulu (2:37)

2    Plastic (6:31)

3    Male (7:00)

4    Ohm (5:09)

5    5 (8:13)

6    6 (7:28)

7    7 (0:49)

8    Fish (7:20)

9    Circle (0:39)

10  Peak (7:39)

11  Eye (6:21)

12  ? (7:39)

13  ? (7:34)

PsyDB only lists 11 tracks: (obviously submitted directly from some websource)

01 Artifakt - Zulu

02 Artifakt - Plastic

03 Artifakt - Male

04 Artifakt - Ohm

05 Artifakt - 5

06 Artifakt - 6

07 Artifakt - 7

08 Artifakt - Fish

09 Artifakt - Circle

10 Artifakt - Peak

11 Artifakt - Eye

Now I own the original CD, and the symbols on the back-cover is not corresponding with any of these tracklists...

Look for yourself:

Posted Image

I mean, how did everyone miss track #8 named SPQR?

Can we agree that the actual tracklist is this!?

Re-written tracklist including SPQR with only one untitled track:

01. 02’37” Zulu

02. 06’31” Plastic

03. 07’00” Male

04. 05’09” Ohm

05. 08’13” 5

06. 07’28” 6

07. 00’09” 7

08. 07’20” SPQR

09. 00’39” Fish

10. 07’39” Circle

11. 06’21” Peak

12. 07’39” Eye

13. 07’34” Untitled

Or am I totally missing something here!?

/DP

But if you count all the symbols on the back-cover it adds up to 12. Where did you find one additional track DP?

435949[/snapback]

You have the retail copy right? Pop it in your player mate - it's 13 tracks! (Actually track 12 is the "hidden" one) ;)

Anyway, I just got this e-mail from Artifakt himself:

Ok, the correct track listing is the symbols - its easiest to see them on the disc (they are printed around the edge) but I've attached the proper list anyway. All those names were made up by someone else, not me. I imagine you need words for the review, and not symbols, so I'd suggest the following, although this isn't official - the symbols are official;

(1) Inverted Ankh (that's what it is - the Egyptian symbol for man which got corrupted into the crucifix - but upside down).

(2) Plastic

(3) I think Sex would be more accurate, but everyone else is using Male so why not?

(4) Ohm

(5) 5 (these three are obviously from numerology, although actually all the tracks are releated to their numbers somehow)

(6) 6

(7) 7

(8) SPQR (by the order of the senate and people of Rome - used to sign edicts and sentences)

(9) Fish (early christian symbol for Jesus)

(10) Malcuth - the root of the tree of life in the caballah - that whole track is based on caballistic bits, as is a lot of the album

(11) Isis - that's a chair / throne, and its the hieroglyph for the goddess Isis

(12) Nothing - the track has no name, and appears as a gap in the list of symbols

(13) Eye

I know it all seems a bit obscure, but there is so much cheap pop-trance cover stuff around at the moment that I wanted to do something with a lot of content - especially in relation to encoding bits of information into the tracks and linking the whole thing together with repeating themes and that sort of thing.

Anyway, hope that clears it up...

Matt also enclosed this picture:

Posted Image

Looks like I have some Discogs updating to do... ;)

/DP

oh, umm antwerp :) i met him the day after he played at the party. he was staying at a friend of mine, and i kind of found him on the streets while i was on lunch break from school. he was kind of lost :lol: so i showed him around antwerp...he was completely utterly amazed :lol: everytime we came to a zebra crossing he would stand there for minutes waiting for the cars to pass and then run across the street as if he was running for his life :lol: i said 'dude, these stripes on the street, thay actually WORK here', he was like well in SA you'd get a car in yer ass before you know it :lol:

really nice and down to earth guy he is :) had a nice chat with him about the scene and shit...he hates skazi just like us all :D

oh, umm antwerp :) i met him the day after he played at the party. he was staying at a friend of mine, and i kind of found him on the streets while i was on lunch break from school. he was kind of lost  :lol: so i showed him around antwerp...he was completely utterly amazed  :lol: everytime we came to a zebra crossing he would stand there for minutes waiting for the cars to pass and then run across the street as if he was running for his life  :lol:  i said 'dude, these stripes on the street, thay actually WORK here', he was like well in SA you'd get a car in yer ass before you know it  :lol:

really nice and down to earth guy he is :) had a nice chat with him about the scene and shit...he hates skazi just like us all  :D

436739[/snapback]

:D:lol::lol::lol:

oh, umm antwerp :) i met him the day after he played at the party. he was staying at a friend of mine, and i kind of found him on the streets while i was on lunch break from school. he was kind of lost  :lol: so i showed him around antwerp...he was completely utterly amazed  :lol: everytime we came to a zebra crossing he would stand there for minutes waiting for the cars to pass and then run across the street as if he was running for his life  :lol:  i said 'dude, these stripes on the street, thay actually WORK here', he was like well in SA you'd get a car in yer ass before you know it  :lol:

really nice and down to earth guy he is :) had a nice chat with him about the scene and shit...he hates skazi just like us all  :D

436739[/snapback]

haha. Sounds like a nice fella :)