MEGA RARE SIMON POSFORD VINYL!

visine

I've got a super rare Simon Posford record available for sale or trade.

It's called Flight promo 1, Butterfly Records (Dragonfly's parent label) first release from 1992.

From what I've heard there were only a double digit number of records pressed back in 1992 (I believe it's 30 but I'm not sure). It's quite possibly Simon Posford's first release.

Please PM me with your offers.

Thanks

I've got a super rare Simon Posford record available for sale or trade.

It's called Flight promo 1, Butterfly Records (Dragonfly's parent label) first  release from 1992.

From what I've heard there were only a double digit number of records pressed back in 1992 (I believe it's 30 but I'm not sure). It's quite possibly Simon Posford's first release.

Please PM me with your offers.

Thanks

433367[/snapback]

What are the tracks like?

Please note that there IS a retail version of this, full colour printed sleeve and all. So while it is indeed insanely rare, I would guess that there are a three digit number of copies in existence.

Pics of the retail version, courtesy of ultra-collector Melanocorypha:

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?what=R&obid=347923

Also see his comments on the retail version in this as of yet unapproved update:

http://www.discogs.com/changereq?id=1391314

Please note that there IS a retail version of this, full colour printed sleeve and all. So while it is indeed insanely rare, I would guess that there are a three digit number of copies in existence.

Pics of the retail version, courtesy of ultra-collector Melanocorypha:

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?what=R&obid=347923

Also see his comments on the retail version in this as of yet unapproved update:

http://www.discogs.com/changereq?id=1391314

433454[/snapback]

Well the guy you said worked at the pressing plant in UK said a double digit number but can't remember exactly how many. I could have sworn he said 30....but who cares ...double or tripple digit number of copies pressed back in 1992 is unqestionably rare.

Well the guy you said worked at the pressing plant in UK said a double digit number but can't remember exactly how many. I could have sworn he said 30....but who cares ...double or tripple digit number of copies pressed back in 1992 is unqestionably rare.

433576[/snapback]

I didn't mean to spoil your chances to sell this one, so my apologies if it seemed that way. That source has proven very very reliable for other stuff, so he might be right here as well. But then my theory would be that it's printed in two runs; The first promo run, and then a later with full colour sleeve and all that.

But yes, this is frighteningly rare! And obviously a true must-have for every Posford fan. Is this perhaps his earliest released recording?

But yes, this is frighteningly rare! And obviously a true must-have for every Posford fan. Is this perhaps his earliest released recording?

433593[/snapback]

Yeah whatever the truth I think it is safe to assume what you just wrote above. This is Simon's oldest release I can think of...maybe it really is the first.

Yeah whatever the truth I think it is safe to assume what you just wrote above. This is Simon's  oldest release I can think of...maybe it  really is  the first.

433611[/snapback]

I didn't do a comprehensive search, but I believe that visine may be right.

\\n

Not for me.  I need to have it to complete my Posford Shrine where

I ritualistically shave my testicles. Did you know I invented the question

mark? (Dr. Evil)

sorry to spam visine.

434191[/snapback]

Yeah, I'd at least want a good true-to-the original uncompressed quality..preferably the original. mp3's suck.

Yeah, I'd at least want a good true-to-the original uncompressed quality..preferably the original. mp3's suck.

434262[/snapback]

I don't buy vinyl and the availability of this record is very limited so my chances of ever hearing this track are very limited, hence the mp3 option is my best bet.

I don't buy vinyl and the availability of this record is very limited so my chances of ever hearing this track are very limited, hence the mp3 option is my best bet.

434822[/snapback]

mp3s are @ 320 quite nice already. and you're right: not all can get this vinyl nor afford it. mp3 really is your friend :)

well, guess there is two versions. that one i added in discogs are named "flight promo 1" and looks different from the pictures that melancorypha have added.. i will change that later on. anyway, the double digit number might be of "flight promo 1" and not the retail version.

the style of this release is early trance with a touch of euro house.

and another mindboggler.. when you look at the catalogue number "BFLT 01" then it could also be the first dragonfly. but dragonfly are not creditted on the record, butterfly the parent label is.

Would you really be satisfied with a compressed crappy mp3?

433733[/snapback]

Yeah, I just would like to vey much hear the track! So if you happen to have ripped this, I would be very interested to hear this...

I don't save most of the MP3s I listen to, for me they're like a modern radio... A great way to listen to new music and then decide what I want to buy.