making own vinyls...

Oopie

Making own vinyls costs (what I've seen) 20-30 eur for one 12".

It's a great way to put tracks on vinyl that were never released (or not on vinyl anyhow :) ).

Have you guys tried?

I was thinking of purchasing one or two vinyls with my favourite tracks sometime soon.

isnt there like a vinyl making machine that you can buy for "home" use? :) In the long run, that should actually be cheaper :D

433012[/snapback]

oh there is?

well, most if the stuff I like is released on real vinyls so maybe a vinyl making machine would be eh... a bit of exaggeration? :)

isnt there like a vinyl making machine that you can buy for "home" use? :) In the long run, that should actually be cheaper :D

433012[/snapback]

long run will make is cheaper, you say...?

I searched for a turntable some decent model, prices are amazingly high!

at times like this when DVD format are almost at "risk" of getting replaced by a new and better format I expected TT to be quite cheap... but the opposite was correct...

so I believe a writeable turn table will be very expensive

Making own vinyls costs (what I've seen) 20-30 eur for one 12".

It's a great way to put tracks on vinyl that were never released (or not on vinyl anyhow :) ).

Have you guys tried?

I was thinking of purchasing one or two vinyls with my favourite tracks sometime soon.

433002[/snapback]

in my experience these one off vinyls lack quality and they only have about 50 plays till they get really noisy and scrachy.. might just be better to burn a cd....unless you are a vinyl junky of course....

in my experience these one off vinyls lack quality and they only have about 50 plays till they get really noisy and scrachy.. might just be better to burn a cd....unless you are a vinyl junky of course....

433240[/snapback]

Yes because these vinyls i.e acetates are made by the aforementioned-like machine by carving the blank vinyls`surface. The material used in this process is not as hard as that of a factory made record which is made by pressing.

@ oopium : you live in Hki, right? there`s a place (Sound data or something) just opposite the Opera house that used to make records on demand, pay them a visit.

Yes because these vinyls i.e acetates are made by the aforementioned-like machine by carving the blank vinyls`surface. The material used in this process is not as hard as that of a factory made record which is made by pressing.

@ oopium : you live in Hki, right? there`s a place (Sound data or something) just opposite the Opera house that used to make records on demand, pay them a visit.

433495[/snapback]

I will, thanks for the tip. :)

dub plates? I'm not sure what you mean... not dub-music are you? :)

433570[/snapback]

No... it's what they're called in some circles. Also, acetates. Never vinyl, although it may look like one. Years back I had one made up when I was staunchly refusing to mess with CD decks :rolleyes: there were a couple tracks I really wanted access to however - Nuclear Ramjet's La Chevauchee Fantastique and Jaia's Mai Mai. It costed about a hundred bucks to get made and the sound quality would rapidly get worse if I actually played it often. I think the needle touched it maybe five times, most notably for my sunday morning set at a local festival in 2001. The disc itself is a 10", remarkably heavy, completely stiff with no bend in it... because it's metal, you dig? Not vinyl.

No... it's what they're called in some circles. Also, acetates. Never vinyl, although it may look like one. Years back I had one made up when I was staunchly refusing to mess with CD decks  :rolleyes: there were a couple tracks I really wanted access to however - Nuclear Ramjet's La Chevauchee Fantastique and Jaia's Mai Mai. It costed about a hundred bucks to get made and the sound quality would rapidly get worse if I actually played it often. I think the needle touched it maybe five times, most notably for my sunday morning set at a local festival in 2001. The disc itself is a 10", remarkably heavy, completely stiff with no bend in it... because it's metal, you dig? Not vinyl.

433614[/snapback]

I hear, I hear. I'm still gonna make one, it's not too costy these days and some stuff unfortunately can't be found on proper vinyl releases.

No... it's what they're called in some circles. Also, acetates. Never vinyl, although it may look like one. Years back I had one made up when I was staunchly refusing to mess with CD decks  :rolleyes: there were a couple tracks I really wanted access to however - Nuclear Ramjet's La Chevauchee Fantastique and Jaia's Mai Mai. It costed about a hundred bucks to get made and the sound quality would rapidly get worse if I actually played it often. I think the needle touched it maybe five times, most notably for my sunday morning set at a local festival in 2001. The disc itself is a 10", remarkably heavy, completely stiff with no bend in it... because it's metal, you dig? Not vinyl.

433614[/snapback]

dubplates are definitely not metal, they are heavy and break easily. not sure what material it is exactley but its a bit like shellac.....

long run will make is cheaper, you say...?

I searched for a turntable some decent model, prices are amazingly high!

at times like this when DVD format are almost at "risk" of getting replaced by a new and better format I expected TT to be quite cheap... but the opposite was correct...

so I believe a writeable turn table will be very expensive

433237[/snapback]

Lets say that you want most of your music on vinyl instead of cds. And you would print them in a pressing plant. For 20 a month, you would pay 600 euros. In a year, you would spend 7200 euros. Which is the price almost for this recorder.

In 2 years you have earned the money worth....

but all it comes down to in the end, is how much of a geek you really are :D