Skazi poll

Ormion

I've just heard a few clips where he uses some "great" guitar riffs and prodigy samples. I've never heard a full track by him, I must admit. I've seen more pictures of the guy than I've heard tracks ... so well, what's the point of my post? Not much, except I didn't vote. I can't say much about the man nor his music. He's more like an urban legend to me.

His rockstar-like attitude really tends to tick people off; I can't count how many killargh pictures I have seen with him and other psytrance producers/musicians.

However, despite his newer tracks sounding poorly assembled, I found some of his older stuff to be pretty decent dark full-on.

OT: Hey Ormion, I have the exact same Cthulhu plushie model from your avatar sitting on my desk right next to me :D . I suspect that the Cthulhu will turn me insane very soon, if it hasn't already :ph34r: .

who cares if he is cool or not. the last two years of his musical output should be destroyed and never spoken of again. plus he is the leader of an evil cult of sorts...chemical crew.

first album was good, though. :)

his first two albums actually were pretty good,

very revolutioniar in it's it's time age,

the very motivating hard bassline that ticked over and over and crystal massive guitars,

just he envolved in a wrong direction, starting with ZOO 3,

there it all went wrong,

before that skazi did really well

about skazi himself, well I've seen him life, and he indeed acts like a popstar, with his guitar and stuff,

but the crowd loved him, so,

I don't complain, if people like it, it's should be not that bad,

it's not my style, but I respect it :)

aren't it two guys?

Well, Skazi might be nice in person, but his public demeonor ticks alot of people off in the psychedelic trance world. Tell me honestly, does this board when making fun of Skazi rip more into the group's music being popular or all the quotes and pictures of Skazi doing rockstar-esque stuff? I won't find specific threads, but I have reason to believe that people here don't like him because of his attitude. Even though his current music is bad, there is also alot of other bad music to compare his stuff to at the moment.

Skazi's uniqueness to get on the bad side of psynewsers seems to stem not particularly from his bad music, but because he acts so egotistical and pushes his stuff out to the masses so much in the public light. Even if he is a cool person, sometimes an artist needs to have a persona as a publician, which although isn't very prevalent in this scene because it is so underground, still exists in some spots, which is the especially the case with Skazi.

Remember that incident where he made that myth that he was killed in a car crash, doing that just to gain publicity? Those are the sort of things that people don't like about him- that he is a rock-star and publician first and musician second. But even holding musicianship as a lower priority, his crap is still not to monarch of poo-poo.