feat..vs..collaborations...

Maxx

okay, I could be wrong on this, but I think that "feat." means that one famous seperate artist is part of another less recognized project - like CON-Sequencer feat. Milque -> Milque is in Con-Sequencer! And not only for one track but for all the time (meanwhile they killed the "feat. Milque" out of their name because he's a full time member of the project). And the term "vs." means that two equally famous artists got together to do just one track or two - like S-Range vs. Selective Memory ... they only did one track together: "Tricky".

On the other hand there's this S-Range feat. Z-Man thing and they also have done just one track :huh:

Arrrgh, I don't know ... but I think the "feat."-thingy marks, that a famous artist joined a not-so-famous project or somewhat. And maybe it's reverse, that the more famous artist is stated at the beginning and after the feat. there's the less recognized one? And in "vs." they're both equally famous :huh:

whatever...

"Feat." is an abbrevation for featuring, so my guess is that usually the first artist named is the main artist, while the other one has just assisted. In the "vs" cases they are more equal. I don't think this applies in every case though, it's probably pretty incidental which term is used.

I don't think how famous the artists are has anything to do with it though.

also there is the issue of & as opposed to vs.

i always feel that if it's "&", the artists were working towards a common goal, but with "vs", they were trying to outdo each other.

i know this is not the case, but that is definitely what it sugests to me with that usage of the words.

I think (I don't know if it really is like that) when a track is feat. somebody then the name that is mentioned first was doing most of the track and the second person just made some small modifications or added somethin extra. For example Astrix feat. Michelle Adamson - Closer To Heaven. Astrix did the track and Michelle just the singin.

Guest The Journey Man Project

Featured for me means somebody came in and did something quite special to the original track, eg singing or added the main lead or something... vs for me is just a shared project, to people having fun... I think the best idea is to just come up with a new project name tho... like say it's psychotic micro vs skaz just call it psycho skazi instead :lol: