to full-on or not to full-on

ritual om

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is loads of nice fullon music... some examples: Abomination, Freaked frequency, domestic, e-jekt, audialize, painkiller, xerox and illumination, System nipel, spinal chord, tube... The new bamboo forest cd and lots of other good stuff..

Of course if you look at hypersonic, 1200 mics or some other pop shit, i shure can understand why you don't like it...

Interesting thread to read through.

I moved into PSY because regular trance was gettings gayer and gayer. Full on is where I started as it was somewhat similar but also different. I like half of the Israeli stuff, Cosmic Tone & Vibe Tribe are two of my favs at the moment, full-on. Although I like some of the more psy-full-on like Alt-Ctrl or newer GOA Twist Dreams. Also enjoy the South African take on it too. Kind of going in reverse though and picking up alot of GOA from the 90's which most of it I find more enjoyable than the newer music. That was the same for regular trance, 90's and early 2000. Whats really some good dark PSY? Closest I have would be Pitch Hikers - Twlightzone which I actually really like.

All in all, comes down to prefrence and mine includes full-on.

of course there is nice fullon and i have definitly found some. I am just talking about the general direction. Not individual acts. More and more fullon releases seem to be heading for the tiesto trance/ hardtrance cheese direction soundwise.

We have already had infected on a commercial festival here. Just wondering when the others will break through. When you ll hear a paul van dyk playing a perplex track fe..

Interesting thread to read through.

I moved into PSY because regular trance was gettings gayer and gayer. Full on is where I started as it was somewhat similar but also different. I like half of the Israeli stuff, Cosmic Tone & Vibe Tribe are two of my favs at the moment, full-on. Although I like some of the more psy-full-on like Alt-Ctrl or newer GOA Twist Dreams. Also enjoy the South African take on it too. Kind of going in reverse though and picking up alot of GOA from the 90's which most of it I find more enjoyable than the newer music. That was the same for regular trance, 90's and early 2000. Whats really some good dark PSY? Closest I have would be Pitch Hikers - Twlightzone which I actually really like.

All in all, comes down to prefrence and mine includes full-on.

Exactly... Fullon is getting more cheasy, to reech the normal trance listener i think... In denmark they have launched a new club who playes harddance, hardstyle and fullon... On the same floor, wtf?

But you want some nice darkpsy? Try Penta - horn please(and portuguese abduction coming out this weekend), paranoize - in the lab, new fungus funk album, narcosis, Phobium, and tons of compilations from 2006-2007.... Hehe, and btw, pitch hickers is not dark psy :)

Concept - paranormal i would recommend you, it's fullon darkpsy mix :)

Thanks buzzman, Ill check em out. Note I did say "closest" I had.

Teisto trance was good back in late 90s, early 2000s. Majik compiliations. Armins State of Trance mixs are OK. But if you actually go buy there individual albums, they are horrible. I dont mind vocals, sometimes it fits into tracks really well but alot of the trance sesems to be going almost synth-pop in a way. Its disgusting. The sad fact is the artists make more money on the commercial BS so thats what they churn out. Looking at names like Armin, Teisto, Ferry Corsten etc. they started off with some great trance but over time the songs that sold determined their style. Its the damn masses people, the idiots who still call it "techno".

Im one to rarely rant but it effected my music greatly so Im not happy.