Ka Sol full album

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

their best track evahhhhh  B)

440625[/snapback]

Oh, when I read that above I assumed you heard this track so it was released.

So this album by Ka Sol...will this be all singles already released and put together on a main album? Or does this KA SOL album have all new, exclusive tracks on it by the artist... or some old and new ones combined? :huh:

Oh, when I read that above I assumed you heard this track so it was released.

So this album by Ka Sol...will this be all singles already released and put together on a main album? Or does this KA SOL album have all new, exclusive tracks on it by the artist... or some old and new ones combined? :huh:

440689[/snapback]

Yeah, don't worry, it is ALL unreleased, I guess some tracks have been heard by more people, but nothing more (none were released)... Like Ukiro said... The amount of tracks I had by him is HUGE, so it was really hard to compile the cd, but we (me and Christer) are both happy with the result :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Of course, I'm not dissappointing to learn that's all unreleased tracks. But, in the contrary case, it doesn't matter for me if some tracks have been already released by the past, because Ka-Sol hasn't released an album in the past. It could have been a collector compilation which reunited former and present tunes, I would have been very happy.

Yeah, don't worry, it is ALL unreleased, I guess some tracks have been heard by more people, but nothing more (none were released)... Like Ukiro said... The amount of tracks I had by him is HUGE, so it was really hard to compile the cd, but we (me and Christer) are both happy with the result :)

440911[/snapback]

What about a DoubleCD? :rolleyes:

yep, I remember D-Dave promising us a double CD like YEARS ago... anyway I'm happy he'll finally release something :)

441284[/snapback]

Well, there will be no double cd, but 2 cds... 1 on Suntrip, and 1 on Schlab, the Schlab one with very hard, almost industrial stuff, the Suntrip one more forest trance with a melodic flavour... So each their cup of tea... The schlab cd will probably be ready not too long after the SUntrip one :)

@ Earthling: Well, Ka Sol is Christer Lundström, a very relaxed troll living in the neighbourhood of Upssala in Sweden, he's been producing trance-music now for like 12 years... What else you want to know? :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

I want to ask you, Anoebis, if Ka-Sol has had in the past a contract with Boom! Records or with another labels ? Because 12 years without release an album... It looks very incredible! By the past, has Ka-Sol already planned to release an album with a label ? Really any opportunity to make an album?

well from what I know there were plans a few years ago to release an album on Boom but in the end it never happened cause his music wasn't mainstream enough. Then he was supposed to release a double-CD on Schlabbaduerst Rekkords but that never happened either. Let's hope the third time's a charm ;)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Thanx for the infos! Battle Of The Future Buddhas have released two albums on Boom! But Ka-sol any! What a shame! A such brilliant artist like Ka-Sol without any album in his musical career!

Is Schlabbaduerst records in the hands of Battle Of The Future Buddhas group ? Is their label?

I'm ashamed to admit it but I've never heard any track by Ka Sol, except the one on Aspara of course.

I must also add that I was a bit sceptical when I read that the style of this album is going to be forest-trance. The only time I've heard this term was when someone was describing Derango's music. Even if I enjoy his music more than most of the Dark-psytrance releases, it still sound a bit too hard and "agressive" to my ears.

But Suntrip never disappointed me and I'm sure this one won't disappoint either.

Guest Cosmogenesis

I think it's a rare thing that an artist produce two differents styles of albums. In the next years, if suntrip records become a major label, maybe some trance artists want to compose both neo (oldschool) goa trance and full-on albums... It will be a fabolous event in the goa history.

Is Schlabbaduerst records in the hands of Battle Of The Future Buddhas group ? Is their label?

Well yes, kindof. Actually noone wanted to release the wierd music coming from Upsala so Battle of the Future Buddhas decided to put their stuff and their collaborations on CD-Rs and allow fans to hear their music anyway. This was the birth of Schlab Rekkords. The funny thing is that aparently Ka-Sol played a major role in there as well but he never released his album on there (althogh almost every Ka-Sol track was released on the Schlab. comps). Wierd, eh?

PS for everyone saying that they never heard Ka-Sol except on Suntrip, beware! Ka-Sol only started producing morning music a short while ago! The stuff before is VERY dark industrial stuff, similar to Battle of the Future Buddhas. Personally I love both his styles, but they're VERY different...

PS for everyone saying that they never heard Ka-Sol except on Suntrip, beware! Ka-Sol only started producing morning music a short while ago! The stuff before is VERY dark industrial stuff, similar to Battle of the Future Buddhas. Personally I love both his styles, but they're VERY different...

443326[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. Didn't know this. Well, if I like the Suntrip release I will probably also have to try the Schlab release. Be a nice entry to some Schlab music anyway. Though I'm not into forest trance (if thats what Schl is releasing? I think it is. Isn't it? :huh:)

Anyway, thanks for the info on Ka-Sol. B)

Guest Cosmogenesis

I have seen a video from Battle of The Future Buddhas on the psysurfeur website and I was surprised to see only two guys in the group. Where are the other members ? Does someone know if BOTFB have planned soon a third album on their own label?

Guest Cosmogenesis

lol :D:D : originally Battle of The Future Buddhas consist in 4 members :

David Tingsgård, Magnus Bladh, Johan Rosén & Robin Kvisler

So, man, you have understood nothing!

well that's odd cause ever since I've heard of them I've always heard of only 2 members (David and Magnus)... maybe someone else has info on this?

oh and

Though I'm not into forest trance (if thats what Schl is releasing? I think it is. Isn't it? huh.gif)

dude, "forest trance" is just another one of those buzzwords which don't really mean anything... I mean just think about it: ALL psytrance, from the early goa days was made for outdoor parties, of which a large proportion happen in forests... so how can the term "forest trance" describe a particular genre???

To put this in perspective, a few years ago Battle of the Future Buddhas' sound was described as "the Scando sound" (also a buzzword which didn't mean much... and I'm STILL wating for someone to explain me what Ticon, BotFB and Miraculix's sound have in common...). Also D-Dave used to describe his own music as "maximal" (as opposed to minimal which was trendy at the time). Personally I've always called it "industrial goa" ;) But it's just music and their own style, it would be a waste to label it cause only they are making it anyway :) (and no, it has nothing to do with Derango's style if you were wondering...)

Thanks! That was actually what I was wondering about. I thought forest trance was derango' style. And Derango is still a big challenge to me  :blink:

443757[/snapback]

Ka-Sol's music is MUCH MUCH MUCH more challenging than Derango, in my opinion. It is so much deeper, so far away from normal musical norms. It can't be listened to with the same ears/mindset that works for other psy-trance. It really fucks with the mind in a way that almost no other electronic dance music does. You need to really listen to the full tracks to get it, just checking out a clip or clicking through an MP3 isn't going to help. Obviously all music is best heard in its entirety, but it is extremely important in the case of ka-sol, I think. The build-ups aer sooo subtle, yet they have a totally devastating effect. And he puts the trance back in psy-trance! Very very hypnotic music. It's not something you just put on whenever, it's "special music". The production is a completely different style than almost everything else, too.

I suspect that some people will buy this expecting some dark-ish "forest music", and then get disappointed when it's not sounding anything like what they've heard before. I, on the other hand, have been craving serious headfuck dance music for fucking AGES, so this is probably one of the albums I'm looking forward to the most, regardless of genre. I've heard some of the tracks, and so far I'm very, very excited.

Ka-Sol's music is MUCH MUCH MUCH more challenging than Derango, in my opinion. It is so much deeper, so far away from normal musical norms. It can't be listened to with the same ears/mindset that works for other psy-trance. It really fucks with the mind in a way that almost no other electronic dance music does. You need to really listen to the full tracks to get it, just checking out a clip or clicking through an MP3 isn't going to help. Obviously all music is best heard in its entirety, but it is extremely important in the case of ka-sol, I think. The build-ups aer sooo subtle, yet they have a totally devastating effect. And he puts the trance back in psy-trance! Very very hypnotic music. It's not something you just put on whenever, it's "special music". The production is a completely different style than almost everything else, too.

I suspect that some people will buy this expecting some dark-ish "forest music", and then get disappointed when it's not sounding anything like what they've heard before. I, on the other hand, have been craving serious headfuck dance music for fucking AGES, so this is probably one of the albums I'm looking forward to the most, regardless of genre. I've heard some of the tracks, and so far I'm very, very excited.

443770[/snapback]

Well, you're building up my expectations :) Challenging and rewarding music obviously is some of the best you can get, even if the immediate catchy music has a lot to it too. I have derango tumult but only heard it a couple of times. So far it's been too challenging but when so many (at least here) has a liking for it I know that there must be something to it. So I will put it on occasionally until it's starts to work. And as for Ka-Sol. Well, if he's coming out on suntrip I expect I will dig that faster since so far I've digged suntrip's releases. Then when I'm on it I'll order the Schlab B)

Thanks for the input btw! :lol: