Artifakt - Artifakts II

Insejn

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been listening to the samples on saikosounds alot (Click here) and I must say I like every minute of them. For me Artifakt has always stood out from the rest with his unique style which I love. I must have this album!

What do you think? :)

389669[/snapback]

I love artifakt too. ill be buying this album deffo's

well the sample sounds very orignal but very short...

I don't often visit saikosounds more psyshop...

I thought they gave samples of 4 minutes ????

no :unsure:

still this one is on my wanted list :)

A wicked surprise... I didn't like the first but all his compilation appearances since then have been kicking ass... this is sure to be something interesting!!

389972[/snapback]

I think his first album is nice but a little too strange if you know what I mean. And I agree about the compilation stuff. First class stuff indeed.

I also never got into his other album(s)...

This however sounds pretty unique. Occasional atmosphere. Some interesting melodies. Voice samples and sound fx. Oh yes, the melodies really compliment the songs, they accentuate the songs, like when all other sound stops but the nice melody tune playing all alone in what would otherwise be total silence (for several seconds before the crazyness kicks back in) I like that! :)

Some of it seems to throw those unpredicable placements and moments (i.e: abrupt changes or creations in sounds, breaks, melodies, edits, distortion, other experimental mixing, etc...

Based on the short samples at psyshop, this ever so slightly reminds me (at times) of a concept or two found in the unique, dark, twisted, (sometimes random in a good way), stylish coolness of Scatterbrain. The dark melodies at times, which I found so cool in Sandman - Witchcraft seem obviously inspired by something, maybe that, maybe not. They're different either way.

I find it interesting that one minute I'm listening to some type of funky trance and than the next it morphs into something like psytrance or horror trance. Could be interesting. ;)

Maybe a bit too distorted, changing (at times) and unique for it's own good... or maybe this is a far better album than many of us know right now.

I gotta hear longer samples. I liked what I heard on http://www.psyshop.com. Whenever I listen to every sample on an album straight though.. that is a very good thing.

I gotta hear longer samples. I liked the ones on psyshop. Whenever I listen to every sample on an album straight though.. that is a very good thing.

390022[/snapback]

There are longer samples on saikosounds if you click on the link I provided in my first post.

hehehe

*listening saikosounds samples again*

track 2 is really something. he put various samples together and formed a melodic line.

i'm still not gonna rush into labeling this as progressive trance.

it's too experimental and funky :)

DP, Pavel, GSH, go check it out (link inserted in Insejn's first post) or die.

oh, and tell me what you think. :D

*moves to track 3*

Whats wrong with Zulu, Plastic, Male, Ohm, 5, 6, 7, Fish, Circle, Peak, Eye? :)

390058[/snapback]

Well I just noticed something. Maybe this is what DeathPosture meant when he said boring track titles... The track titles on saikosounds appear to not be properly titled as they are on psyshop. On Saikosounds, the titles appear as

TCCD014-1

TCCD014-2

TCCD014-3

etc...

Really got to hear the whole cd soon :D Artifakt, being one of my favorite artists kicks ass with his diversity, tight production and ofcourse.. awesome tracks!

And i'm sure he won't let me down with this one! :)

Well I just noticed something. Maybe this is what DeathPosture meant when he said boring track titles... The track titles on saikosounds appear to not be properly titled as they are on psyshop. On Saikosounds, the titles appear as

TCCD014-1

TCCD014-2

TCCD014-3

etc...

390125[/snapback]

Yeah, that was what I meant... I didn't bother to go check Discogs for the correct titles... Anyway, this is indeed interesting... Gone straight to my wantlist... ;o)