Keeping the Review SpamFree?

Guest Rain

I think rains theory is good.

Psynews is great because we can post what we want basically. The offtopic and freestyle is where you need to be if you want to post loads of irrelivant shit.

I do beleive that the reviews section should be moderated to the point were we cannot spam or fill it with crap. even if we wanted to.

a single post per person, per review is not a bad idea at all.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think rains theory is good.

Psynews is great because we can post what we want basically. The offtopic and freestyle is where you need to be if you want to post loads of irrelivant shit.

I do beleive that the reviews section should be moderated to the point were we cannot spam or fill it with crap. even if we wanted to.

a single post per person, per review is not a bad idea at all.

381169[/snapback]

thank you... it's only an idea... we can have 2 post/user... we can choose...

Yeah, until something else is in place, that idea is not bad at all. I thought about it yesterday but didnt want to post it, because I though it would sound too "nazi". Thanks Rain! ;)

thank you... it's only an idea... we can have 2 post/user... we can choose...

381171[/snapback]

i don't think there is a need for limitation.

people just have to acknoledge the importance of the reviews section to be kept clean.

and then the reviews section will moderate itself .. without mods having to set limits.

and then nobody will spam it, or if they do, nobody will get angry to see spam posts deleted by mods.

i don't think there is a need for limitation.

people just have to acknoledge the importance of the reviews section to be kept clean.

and then the reviews section will moderate itself .. without mods having to set limits.

and then nobody will spam it, or if they do, nobody will get angry to see spam posts deleted by mods.

381185[/snapback]

Well, see how it works. if people abide by the rules, then there will be no need for moderation / post limits etc. If they dont though, then there is obviously no other choice.

listen .. i don't think there is a REAL NEED of change.

Yeah, this is my whole point exactly! A couple people bitching (perhaps out of more personal reasons, eh?) doesn't justify trying to change a system that seems to work fine for the vast majority of users. There's always people who are going to complain about something. That doesn't mean that it's suddenly a huge problem! It's like overhauling the entire public transit system in a city because a couple people who live out in the boondocks complain that it takes too long for them to get home.

uh oh...

<looks down>

<covers up offical "moni fan club" shirt>

:P

I still say that it's much better just to leave the review section to reviews and then people can open up threads as much as they want in other sections.

The point is that a review with too many comments (spam or not) over time will drown in those comments and people that are looking for a review have to go through all these comments and spam to get to the essense of the review... the review itself.

So I do think we need a change.

And let's look at the Voice Of Cod review as an example. How many of the comments/spam are relevant for the review there?

And even Moni got "upset" on "page 1" and asked people to write reviews instead of spamming.

Edited by SOLO

Well, see how it works. if people abide by the rules, then there will be no need for moderation / post limits etc. If they dont though, then there is obviously no other choice.

381186[/snapback]

we have a Reviewing rules/ guidelines thread in the Reviews Section.

those rules should be clear and respected.

setting post limits per person is kinda hard.

Fluffy, take off your shirt!!! *oops, this is not a sex thread*

I just added a poll, because I dont want to lose the overview of what people think.

381197[/snapback]

nemo, there should be more options in the poll.

you just set the extreme opinnions.

damn it, this is getting all a big fuzz over 2 people that don't like me.

I still say that it's much better just to leave the review section to reviews and then people can open up threads as much as they want in other sections.

The point is that a review with too many comments (spam or not) over time will drown in those comments and people that are looking for a review have to go through all these comments and spam to get to the essense of the review... the review itself.

So I do think we need a change.

And let's look at the Voice Of Cod review as an example.  How many of the comments/spam are relevant for the review there?

And even Moni got "upset" on "page 1" and asked people to write reviews instead of spamming.

381199[/snapback]

I agree and voted

Yes, lets try to make a nicer and better system.

let's see in the future where the poll will end ;)

damn it, this is getting all a big fuzz over 2 people that don't like me.

381202[/snapback]

we allready had that and it's been deleted, appologies are been done on both sides... just leave it that way... and stay on topic please...

I know you will accept that ;)

I agree and voted

Yes, lets try to make a nicer and better system.

let's see in the future where the poll will end  ;)

381203[/snapback]

yes Rain, let's .. but your idea of making it better may not be similar to my idea of making it better for example.

thus i will not vote. those 2 options for voting are not good enough for me. nemo, you kindof suck at polls <_<:rolleyes:

yes Rain, let's .. but your idea of making it better may not be similar to my idea of making it better for example.

thus i will not vote. those 2 options for voting are not good enough for me. nemo, you kindof suck at polls  <_<  :rolleyes:

381205[/snapback]

Well, YOUR option for the poll was hardly an option was it? This is a simple YES or NO question. If we vote YES, then we can discuss what we WANT. If we vote NO, then we dont make any changes at ALL. :)

Leave it the way it is!!!! Stop setting all these rules and stop creating hundreds of subsections of subsections. Just because one or two people dont like it the way it is, doesnt mean you have o shut it up.

Actually, I thought about it for a while, and I think its one of the strength of our review section tha it is open and free, Music is emotional and alive, why shouldnt we set those emotions free in the reviews and have living discussion about the various releases and reviews. It would be so sterile and boring when you only have serious reviews.

Leave it the way it is!!!! Stop setting all these rules and stop creating hundreds of subsections of subsections. Just because one or two people dont like it the way it is, doesnt mean you have o shut it up.

Actually, I thought about it for a while, and I think its one of the strength of our review section tha it is  open and free, Music is emotional and alive, why shouldnt we set those emotions free in the reviews and have living discussion about the various releases and reviews. It would be so sterile and boring when you only have serious reviews.

381214[/snapback]

so one simple question mate.

you think it's ok that a review drown in tons of comments that got nothing to do with the review?

let me sum it up again as I did a few posts back. What about the people that like to read the reviews but have to go through many unrelated comments and spam before they get to the review? Do they not have a saying here?

Edited by SOLO

thus i will not vote. those 2 options for voting are not good enough for me. nemo, you kindof suck at polls  <_<  :rolleyes:

381205[/snapback]

true my idea maybe different but I posted my idea in this thread and nemo also had that same idea he said...

so that's why I voted yés...

you think it's ok that a review drown in tons of comments that got nothing to do with the review? 

let me sum it up again as I did a few posts back.  What about the people that like to read the reviews but have to go through many unrelated comments and spam before they get to the review?  Do they not have a saying here?

381216[/snapback]

maybe we should have an option that when someone writes a second review about the same ablum it goes directly under the first review... so all the reviews first appear and then the comments....

let me sum it up again as I did a few posts back.  What about the people that like to read the reviews but have to go through comment after comment of unrelated essense before they get to the review?  Do they not have a saying here?

381216[/snapback]

to make it short: Yes I do!! Because most of the stupid comments are in one way or another related to the music or the emotions caused by the comments. Just take Mars Eskimo thread as an example. That random assortment of Busllshit tells you all you need to know about that album, more than any detailed review ever could.

to make it short: Yes I do!! Because most of the stupid comments are in one way or another related to the music or the emotions caused by the comments. Just take Mars Eskimo thread as an example. That random assortment of Busllshit tells you all you need to know about that album, more than any detailed review ever could.

381221[/snapback]

Then we disagree and thats fine :)

I personally do not think Mars review and the many comments said much about anything. That I don't like Eskimo's music got nothing with the fact that it was overcrowded with comments that in my opinion would be very out of place in a real review.

Then we disagree and thats fine :)

I personally do not think Mars review and the many comments said much about anything.  That I don't like Eskimo's music got nothing with the fact that it was overcrowded with comments that in my opinion would be very out of place in a real review.

381222[/snapback]

well, sometimes public outrage says a whole lot more about an album than any well-conceived mild-mannered review ever could :P

well, sometimes public outrage says a whole lot more about an album than any well-conceived mild-mannered review ever could  :P

381232[/snapback]

As I said. We disagree :)

let me sum it up again as I did a few posts back.  What about the people that like to read the reviews but have to go through many unrelated comments and spam before they get to the review?  Do they not have a saying here?

381216[/snapback]

Wow, people have to spend a few seconds to ignore non-review comments to actually get to the comments on the album? The poor babies! :P Are peoeple really that lazy?

And anyways, aside from perhaps the Eskimo review thread (which I still don't understand why it was even posted in the reviews section), I really don't see many review topics being "drowned" in unrelated comments to the point that it's difficult to find comments on the release. People are making a big deal out of a non-problem.

Cripes - this isn't isratrance, for god's sake.